Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 3

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
2.1 Scimitar *spoilers*
Joe Dredd
Scimitar, the spaceship on the cover of this release is MASSIVE compared to the Liberator.

If the Liberator was shown in the background I wouldn't question it, but as it's in the foreground the whole picture seems out of scale to me.

I've always had the impression that Liberator is much larger than any Federation, etc. spaceship in the human-habited worlds, a sense generated I suppose by the way the Liberator dwarfs the London in Spacefall and not really contradicted elsewhere. (There is that near-collision with a pursuit ship in Duel but I've always mentally 'adjusted' that as clearly the SFX team did not have models on hand that were in scale with each other.) I can imagine the Federation having large battlecruisers or dreadnaughts that are near the same size, but not anything this far off the scale.

I'm interested in what others think. Have you always thought of the Liberator as being one of the biggest ships out there, within the universe of B7, or do you think of it as perhaps a medium sized vessel? Or...?
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 16 May 2015 16:43:35

Lentila
I always thought Liberator was a very large ship. I'm assuming that Scimitar is deliberately being shown as a monster of a vessel - and that this is relevant to the plot.

BradPaula
Perhaps it's just perspective with Scimitar in the forefront and Liberator in the back? Impressive ship nonetheless. -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
Lentila wrote:

I always thought Liberator was a very large ship. I'm assuming that Scimitar is deliberately being shown as a monster of a vessel - and that this is relevant to the plot.

That was my impression, too.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Joe Dredd
BradPaula wrote:

Perhaps it's just perspective with Scimitar in the forefront and Liberator in the back?

Liberator is in the foreground. We can see all of Liberator and it eclipses part of Scimitar.

Joe Dredd
Lentila wrote:

I'm assuming that Scimitar is deliberately being shown as a monster of a vessel - and that this is relevant to the plot.

I had that thought too, but it could be a 'monster' without dwarfing Liberator so much. It seems like overkill to me, but that could just be me - which is why I asked how everyone else views the size of the Liberator compared to other ships.

Edit: Unless the plot point is a 'growth ray'?
Edited by Joe Dredd on 23 September 2014 01:52:45

Space Chopper
I've always thought that liberator was about the same size as the USS Enterprise from the original series- thinking that the small red blocks on the nose section were airlocks heading toward the flight deck in the nose cone. That would make the ship about 300 metres long or thereabouts. Pursuit ships are way smaller, about 40 or 50 metres long, so Scimitar looks to be about a kilometre long at least!
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

JustBrad
I've always thought of Liberator as impossibly huge. London was not a small ship, as evidenced by how many interior compartments we see, and yet it is absolutely dwarfed by Libby.

Space Chopper
There's an interesting fan article online here: http://www.hermit...bSize.html that tries to reason the size of Liberator, gauging from looking at people next to the London when on the launch pad, then using that to compare London's size when she's docked with Liberator. using their reasoning, I overestimated just a bit- they make Libby about 230 metres long if you include the antennae on the nose and blaster pods. That would still put Scimitar at about a kilometre long.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

Joe Dredd
That's interesting. Someone did a similar exercise with the London transfer tube. I remember about nine or so photos all patched together in a grid. I'll have to see if I can find it.

Joe Dredd
Ah, here it is. Very interesting! As always, click on the photo for a better view.

If anyone knows who put it together, please post their name so they get the credit.

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/Liberatorsizeref_zps10211c6d.jpg

Travisina
Trailer for Scimitar released today!

Travisina
Scimitar is out today, and the latest novel, Criminal Intent, was released yesterday!

Due out later this month - Liberator Chronicles volume 10.

Happy November, everybody Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Still have not bought s1 yet, but hope to catch up next year... Oops
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Thetis
Paula, have you listened to the Scimitar Extras yet?

Travisina
Thetis wrote:

Paula, have you listened to the Scimitar Extras yet?

I asked her that, too! Sshhh everyone, no spoilers! Wink

clareblues1
Oh goodie...been waiting for this! Grin
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

trevor travis
Bought Season 2 today - will wait for the CD to arrive, rather than listening to the download.

Also ordered series 3 & 4 of Tom Baker, along with Philip Hinchcliffe Presents.

Next to order: vol 11 & 12 of the Libby Chronicles, plus Gareth Robert's Fourth Doctor Stories.

Travisina
Review is now up here:
http://www.blakes...icle_id=93

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

...along with Philip Hinchcliffe Presents.

Good choice; I loved them both, although that means you probably won't! Will await your views.

Met up with Andy from G4 today and asked for LC10 and the second episode of s1 full cast audios next month Happy
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.59 seconds
9,115,933 unique visits since 8th January 2014