Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
A History & Critical Analysis of "Blake's 7"
sooper mouse
Anniew wrote:

Re Afterlife - how can anyone not relish a book in which Tarrant is inexplicably eaten by Tigers. ( ducks - sorry Clare).

It's a shame it doesn't work as a story - I quite like some on the concepts like the grass with Aquitar-type properties.

And every book I've read about Blakes7 has been worth the money I spent though LiBeration is the one I reread most. Very interesting. Blakes. heaven is a must buy with excellent essays from many Horizon members - Travisina, Mistletoe, Trevor T to name but 3. A really lovely read and a perfect dipping in book for Christmas Day when you're fed up with the kids. I shall retire to the loo with it for five minutes! ( sorry- too much information!)

poor tigers
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

Anniew
They are white Terminal tigers too. And Avon ends up DRIVING the whole planet.. can't fault the invention...just the sense.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

sooper mouse
Anniew wrote:

They are white Terminal tigers too. And Avon ends up DRIVING the whole planet.. can't fault the invention...just the sense.

Anything that leads to less Tarrant is a good thing
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

Rainesz
I've been reading back through this thread and I must say that I also found the Muir book... frustrating. Because I bought it, I told myself I would force myself to read it (I'm an idiot like that) but so far I've only gotten halfway through and it's been sitting on my shelf untouched for several months.

THAT said, I absolutely LOVED Blake's Heaven. I read this before I joined the group here (and now I recognize everyone's names!) and before I did some recent work for the editor on something else. Well-done, all of you!!

(I actually finished it sitting in a sandwich shop waiting for my car to be repaired. It made that annoying afternoon much more entertaining.)

I need to read Liberation now... and the Sheelagh Wells book as well, but used copies are a bit pricey.

ScorpioSurvivor81
Anything that leads to less Tarrant is a good thing

You can't be talking about Del Tarrant, surely? That guy is the very essence of badass.
"What you do with your booty is up to you"

Joe Dredd
Anniew wrote:

And Avon ends up DRIVING the whole planet..

When I was a kid, "2000AD" comic had a single page funny strip amongst all the action stories. It was a Flash Gordon parody called "Dash Decent". There's a panel in one instalment where the equivalent of Ming the Merciless drives the planet Mongo through space. Cut to: Ming sitting at a steering wheel, one hand on the gear lever and a fluffy dice above him.

This was the *immediate* image I thought of years later when I got to that point in Afterlife.

Joe Dredd
Rainesz wrote:

I've been reading back through this thread and I must say that I also found the Muir book... frustrating. Because I bought it, I told myself I would force myself to read it (I'm an idiot like that) but so far I've only gotten halfway through and it's been sitting on my shelf untouched for several months.

Life is too short to keep reading books you don't enjoy. Save it for when you've read all the cereal packets twice and have nothing else left! "Liberation" has some divisive bits, but overall it's an enjoyable and well thought-out read.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.26 seconds
9,913,754 unique visits since 8th January 2014