Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
The Gift of B7
Gauda Cheese
Rumours Of Death

0r

Everybody Hurts..... And is Tired

About a third of way through the episode "Oh wait is she......"

"Yes"

"I should have realized that sooner!"

"Jeez you're quiet bro"

"Why are you so quiet!"

"Fine then!"

"They like to karate chop in this show"

Tarrant takes a bow "Haha That's the first time he's made me laugh"

"Holy &^%$" When Avon figures it out and BLAM!

"So now can you tell me why you were so quiet?"

"That is my favourite episode of the series"

"Really! Well its a bloody good one"

For me this story is perfect. Action, intrigue, heartbreak, no good guys, no winners and two very lovable average joes.

But enough about me.....

Michelle really liked it though she kicked herself for not realising who Sula was sooner even though it was shown to her. This was a story that Michelle couldn't predict and it held some surprises for her as well as some really good moments.

Vila, Dayna and Tarrant circling Shrinker and Cally telling them to stop it. The crew realising that they care what happens to Avon.... and probably each other (Maybe)

Sula's cold blooded execuition of her husband, the senceless murders of Forres and "Grenlee". Servalan being knocked off her pedestal and everything falling into place for Avon.

But what got the most reaction from Michelle was Avon's last line "Well slightly exaggerated anyway". "A part of him has died inside. awwwww"

She asked me how I reacted when I first saw this episode.... "I didn't understand it I was 8. It didn't become my favourite story until I was a teenager." Though for some reason I always remembered the line "Trust is only dangerous if you have to rely on it"

Another winner for Michelle though she still thinks Kairos is the best so far. Maybe that will change one day.

Next up is Sarcophagus and....... I love it.

Rumours and Sarcophagus are the shows best one, two punch in my opinion.

littlesue
For me, from the moment they teleport down to that house until the bitter end, this is perhaps the most brilliant bit if filming ever.
I have watched this episode on a very large screen, in the company of several others, at a Convention; Space City 1985, I think. The emotional moments are quite overwhelming when everybody is feeling the same way; not a dry eye in room...
And now to Sarcophagus, with my favourite camera shot of all time. Mr Dave White was an absolute genius!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

meegat39
littlesue wrote:

For me, from the moment they teleport down to that house until the bitter end, this is perhaps the most brilliant bit if filming ever.
I have watched this episode on a very large screen, in the company of several others, at a Convention; Space City 1985, I think. The emotional moments are quite overwhelming when everybody is feeling the same way; not a dry eye in room...
And now to Sarcophagus, with my favourite camera shot of all time. Mr Dave White was an absolute genius!

Which one was that Littlesue?
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

littlesue
meegat39 wrote:

littlesue wrote:

It's just after Avon has the ring and is standing quite still and the alien is asking for it back and not wanting to die.
The camera pans right to Avon, who has his hand out with the said ring. The camera goes down, ever so slightly and then slowly pans in towards 'Cally' who is saying she doesn't want to die etc. It's a lovely flowing movement and a gorgeous 'take'.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

meegat39
littlesue wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

littlesue wrote:

It's just after Avon has the ring and is standing quite still and the alien is asking for it back and not wanting to die.
The camera pans right to Avon, who has his hand out with the said ring. The camera goes down, ever so slightly and then slowly pans in towards 'Cally' who is saying she doesn't want to die etc. It's a lovely flowing movement and a gorgeous 'take'.

Yes I agree. Thanks for sharing Grin
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Gauda Cheese
The Way Back

or

We're playing those mind games together
Pushing the barriers planting seeds

One of the hard things about B7 for me is whilst I've only watched the show start to finish 8 or so times, I've watched many episodes repeatedly so the challenge for me when watching this with her was to shut up and let her watch it!!!!

The good news is she was disgusted with it..... Michelle caught on about the kids programming "Yeah they are that bad" The massacre and the deaths of Varon and his wife were quite the surprise.

One episode in and she was all over the hair, in particular Jenna's "Her hair looks good for someone in prison". She found the costumes to be drab and dull.

The dome looked like "Half a Death Star"

After the episode finished she looked at me and nodded, telling me we'd watch another one later tonight. A very good sign.

I've told her I only dislike two episodes of the series, but I'm not telling her which. But for all of you its Shevan Strikes and Dayna's Bad Romance. I want to see how she reacts to the silly robots in series A, the Decimas, Zil, Kairos Spider and Ben Steed in general. As well as all the good things of course.

Gauda Cheese
Space Fall

or

Raiker Likes To Play Chicken

Upon seeing Gan fully upright, Michelle says "He's the brawn right?"

A few things made her laugh and theres no getting around that. Some of the fight between Avon and the computer tech and Raiker's smack in the mouth to Jenna. A good sign however is she finds Vila to be hilarious especially when he talks about his complaint. I'll make a Vila fan of her yet.

She was surprised they killed off Raiker as he made a good villain.

Michelle really likes Blake and Jenna though doesn't know what to make of Avon at the moment.

When the credits rolled she asked me if the ship was really going to follow the London for 8 months Smile and she really wants to know who abandoned the ship before Blake and co got aboard. So would I for that matter.

As for me I'm really enjoying this. It's like watching myself watch B7 for the first time the 50 minutes seems to fly by for her which is a good sign. I've tried again and again to get Mich into old school Who and failed. She's happy just to watch the new show and just ask me questions about the old one. I had a similar fear that she might not enjoy B7 and just find it too dated.

Gauda Cheese
Cygnus Alpha

or

Brian Blessed Are the Cheese Makers.

I wasn't sure about this one. Personally I think its a great episode, but Michelle doesn't like religious themes and stories. Thank fully she did like Cygnus Alpha. She did correctly predict that the drug was a load of rubbish and I almost caught her jumping up happily when Vargas exploded.

The two characters Mich has latched onto the most are Gan (uh oh) and Jenna. She thinks its pretty cool to have a female pilot especially for a show made way back when.

She still isn't sure what to make of Avon, but I think she's being diplomatic. She loves Blake though so I'm curious to see how that changes as we go along especially in B.

Is the ship organic and is Zen alive? Are two things she wanted to know right off the bat.

Not many laughs from her in this one except where appropriate.

Gauda Cheese
Time Squad

or

Cally Got a (Toy) Gun

This one draw a couple of chuckles in terms of the fighting, but I'm resigned to that. Different times.

Michelle thinks its too early to say much of Cally, but my God her Gan and Jenna love is growing and not surprising since they are left on board the ship to fight ancient brood death clones.

I keep being asked about the ship and Zen and Gan's musing about the nature of it echoed Michelle. Blue Leotard Computer Slaves can't come fast enough, but I think Michelle will find it somewhat unsatisfying as she'll never get a full explanation about Zen or the previous occupants of the Liberator and who was attacking it.

Gauda Cheese
The Web

or

The Dewey Decima System

"Are those big white balls from the Prisoner?"

"Those Ewoks are ugly"

"Hey Cally's minds been taken over right?" Yes Michelle and get used to it Smile

This one didn't elicit any of the groans or chuckles I expected and she was fine with the Decima's and Gestalt in a Jar.

What Mich didn't like was Avon's attitude towards Gan when he went to help him fix the systems. Don't mess with her Gan!

Blake being saved by Avon she did like and in hindsight you can see Blake might know a thing or two about Avon that Avon would never admit too.

Michelle was totally on the side of the Decimas especially when they were shown grieving over the death of one of them "I like animals, even the really ugly man made ones" She's cute.

Personally I think its the weakest story so far, but I don't have any huge problems with it either. Its not amazing, but its not horrible. I know Shake and Blake had a running gag about how horrible the Web is and its the first of many times I'd come to disagree with them.

Gauda Cheese
Seek-Locate-Destroy

or

Ultimate Hide and Seek Championships

"Cutest. Robot. Ever!"

"You don't matter enough to kill" Blake
"Oh snap!" Michelle

"Yeah Cally, kick his ass!" We have a cat named Callie, so Mich likes Cally for that reason alone. Wait till she sees Shadow! Bad fighting? Who cares, Michelle just wanted her to beat that guy up good.

"Is Travis coming back? They didn't kill this baddie off" Yes Michelle he is and he'll regenerate (not that I told her that of course)

Michelle really liked this one and yeah the robot made her laugh, but not because it looked bad, but because it looked too damn cute!

"Is that thing supposed to be menacing?"

"Ha yep!"

"Looks like it wants to give robot hugs"

"Robot hugs of death!"

Vila gets a chance to show off and Michelle liked that especially his line about being able to pass any lock if he's scared enough.

Mich sat forward watching the screen the entire time and I can imagine why, this one has it all, cool new baddies, intrigue, back story, action and evil hug robots. As much as I love Avon right now I'm with Mich and some of you guys, he is a total douche bag so far.

She didn't have much to say about Servalan, but her first outing isn't much. This ones about building up Travis to be a threat. I didn't want to ask what she thought of her, I'll wait til she's come back a few more times.

A good run of stories coming up and I'm really looking forward to how Michelle responds to Mission to Destiny and Duel (two personal faves of mine) She doesn't know what Arena is so she won't be making comparisons to that Star Trek story (Duel is a superior story anyway!)

Gauda Cheese
Mission to Destiny

or

Just Drive Through It part 1

"Is this an episode where we have to figure out which ones the evil one?"

"Yes"

"Then its Avon" Angry

"That Trope thingy isn't in the box is it?"

"That guys a perv" Michelle talking about Sonheim.

One of my fave episodes with great lines "I really rather enjoyed that" "You always see danger, even when there is none" (close enough you know the one I mean).

Michelle had a good old time with Mission and she liked Avon in it (well to the point where he had some funny lines anyway and punching Sara out). She thinks Cally is a bad a%&.

She predicted a few things but she only told me her suspicion it was Sara after the reveal so who knows. I believe her though since she correctly predicted the Newtrotope (sp?) wasn't in the box long before the reveal. Whose the one thats the least likely suspect? Sara ergo Michelle thought it was her, besides she did have the box at one point. Smart cookie. In my defence I was 11/12 when I first watched this (and not as smart).

I laughed at her reactions to Sonheim and I agree he totally gave Cally the sleazy eyes. It was the kind of look you'd expect from Kevin Stoney, but I think everyone would let him get away with it because he is awesome.

This is the start of the Cally/Avon duo and a team up I like quite a bit. She has more in common with Blake, but I think works better with Avon.

I love how Nation changes up genres in this series and whilst series C is more effective in doing that (for me) it is impressive coming from the same writer. I'll ask Michelle about that soon.

If anyone has anything you'd like me to ask her about the episodes we've watched or after we've watched some of the upcoming episodes then let me know.

Gauda Cheese
Duel

or

Dramatic Tree Sleeping (Fly Straight At It part 2)

"Jenna's first time off planet!"

"Avon always gets the best lines even though he's a butt"

"That dude is obsessed"

"yep"

"What would Travis do if he did kill Blake and the others?"

"Probably just go on another mission"

Halfway through the story Michelle's only comment was about Jenna getting to go off the ship so I asked her how she was liking Duel so far "Shut up. Michie watch this now" Errr yes ma'am!

I think even if one has seen the Trek episode Arena there is much to like here. Anyway who cares, sci/fi borrows ideas like nobodies business just look at nearly every Doctor Who story ever.

Michelle loved Duel and she enjoys a lot of the dialogue, even more so now she's really getting into the characters. It was the little used Avon who managed to get the best lines like his comment about showing you care and throwing nuts.

As much as I like Avon here its the Travis/Blake stuff thats the highlights. This really shows how ruthless and uncaring he is. He is the bullying face of oppression.

She has predicted that this obsession Travis has with Blake is going to cost him.

Getting anything out of her this time was like trying to get blood from a stone, so I bit the bullet and told her I was posting her thoughts about each episode on here. She told me if she knew that she might have given me more, so I smiled and waited only for her to say "I said I might!" Then she said something about me being a huge nerd and gave me a hug.

The other day she said she wished our cat Callie could communicate using her kitty mind powers.

Jenna getting to go down to the planet was something she noticed right away. She might get a bit frustrated with series B.

Gauda Cheese
Project Avalon

or

Soolin the Mutoid Years

"The robots back! Someone's gonna get hugged!"

The look of horror/holy crap when Blake snaps some dudes neck was priceless.

"Jenna's killed heaps of em!"

"They just detained some nobody and eroded his skin. That's messed up"

Another good story, but one Michelle found a little predictable, though I think we all expected that the Avalon on the Liberator was going to try something nasty.

She was delighted to see the hug robot make its second appearance "Where. Are. Humans? Must. Hug". She liked Jenna being all gun-ho and I'm pleased to see shes beginning to really like Vila.

Another thing that surprised was seeing Servalan again and she wants to know more. And for me my God how gorgeous does she look here!

Michelle certainly saw another side of Blake in this one and it shocked her. No chop to the back or a blow to the head, nope, just snap the guys neck!

At one point she told me to shut up, because I was eating too loud. Jeez she's really getting into it!

Gauda Cheese
Breakdown

or

Neurosurgery In Under 30 Minutes (Flying Into Space Stuff part 3)

"Gan tossed her like the Big Show!" A WWE reference there

The priceless look on Michelle's face when Kane got nasty with a telephone "Holy crap!"

"Just tell us who programmed the ship already!"

"Look at Vila being brave"

Enjoyable and Michelle liked Kane and Renor.... Well until Kane went all psycho. I couldn't stop laughing at her reaction.

Not a huge lot to say here, Michelle likes Cally because its the name of one of our cats "Oh no Gan's going to hurt Cally!" She likes Avons quip about the aliens being intelligent for hating humans which led her to ask me when we'd see aliens in B7. "Ummm Cally?" "You know what I mean!" She's in for a bit of a wait there.

She LOVED it when Vila came in and pointed the gun at Kane and it's one of my favourite Vila moments myself.

The last this she mentioned after the episode had finished was that a lot of people die in this show. I didn't tell her the body count would get much higher as the show went along.

Gauda Cheese
Bounty

or

Leopard Wall Climber

"Is she really on a mission in a leopard skin coat?"

"It's probably not real leopard skin"

"Come on Vila you can do it"

"Zen is useless sometimes"

"Twinkle explosions!"

A nice little episode and no Michelle didn't buy that her beloved Jenna had betrayed the crew, but she enjoyed the story anyway. We both loved Sarkoff's belief that in the 20th century we all lived in houses like that one and agreed that Tyce has a really huge mouth.

Avon..... is kinda liked now! I'm not going to count that as Avon love just yet, but Michelle digs the sarcasm. "I told you I couldn't do it" "I believed you" made us both cackle and it gets me every time.

If there was one thing that annoyed Michelle it was Sarkoff taking his sweet time to man up!

I did ask her if she had a top two favourite characters, just to see if it was the same or if it had changed and Michelle likes Jenna and........

....drum roll

VILA! Big hugs to Michelle. She still likes Gan, but Vila has usurped him.

Now she did mention this in Project Avalon and she reminded me of it here. "Their tool box is an ice box isn't it?" Why yes, yes it is Grin

Gauda Cheese
Deliverance

or

Ditched Worshiper

"Ha that looks like a boat ship"

"Me cave man go after lady"

"Blake's a dick, uh remember when you left Cally behind?"

"I like Avon in this one"

"Wait did they totally ditched Meegat on the planet?"

And here we are with Deliverance the episode where Michelle sees another side of Avon and likes it. Even though he totally ditched her on Seflon.

She liked that there was a lot going on in this episode with the three subplots and how it'll obviously continue on in the next episode. One thing I really love in this story is Vila's ribbing of Avon and was happy to share some laughs with Michelle.

Avon doesn't wear the same style outfits as the rest of them and looks cooler as a result.

I surprised Mich when I told her that Servalan is the hottest woman on the show hands down. For some reason she thinks I dig blondes. My opinion might, just might change in series D.

We were both all "Hell yeah" when Avon big boots some scavenger in the chest.

This is very exciting! We've gotten much further than I thought we'd get and nearly finished series A! I know she's going to enjoy Redemption, get sad at the Many Deaths of Gan, but mostly I want to see her response to Travis mark 2.

Gauda Cheese
Orac

or

Blake's Way or the Highway

"Awwww no not the old man. Everyone dies in this show!"

"Why doesn't Servalan have a weapon?"

"She does, its name is Travis"

"Let me do things my way Cally" Repeated back in a childish tone "Blake's a douche"

Here we are the end of series A Woooo Frown

With Orac there wasn't much to say. She was excited for it, because its a season finale, but...... this is probably the weakest finale of all the seasons. They get Orac and then theres the cliffhanger, but this feels like a run of the mill episode. I always forget that Redemption is a season B story.

Now she wasn't disappointed, there were plenty of good lines and a sprinkling of action, but she didn't tell me to put the next one on right away. Now if I told her the storyline for next episode, we'd be watching it right now, BUT I want her going into every episode cold. Remember she has no idea how the whole show ends or the Blake and Jenna leave halfway through.

Clumsy Vila made us chuckle (head butting the door and teleporting into a puddle) and she's already predicting that Blake's going to use Orac against the Federation to get information etc.

Gauda Cheese
Season A round up.

Just a couple of tidbits here.

Michelle's top three stories were, Mission To Destiny, Project Avalon and Deliverance. Interesting choices there and if she ever rewatches the show maybe they will chance or stay the same, but I do like all three myself too.

Her least favourite was Cygnus Alpha, she really doesn't like stories with religious plots.

And for anyone wondering my top three would be, Mind Games, Raker Likes To Play Chicken and Dramatic Tree Sleeping.

My least favourite is probably the Dewey Decima System, but I don't hate it. Ugh wait till I get the Shevan Strikes!

Michelles favourite characters by the end of Orac are, Jenna and Vila and mine has been and always will be, Avon and Vila.

Roll on Season B!

Travisina
Gauda Cheese wrote:

Seek-Locate-Destroy

Michelle really liked this one and yeah the robot made her laugh, but not because it looked bad, but because it looked too damn cute!

"Is that thing supposed to be menacing?"

"Ha yep!"

"Looks like it wants to give robot hugs"

... and is now referred to in our household as the Hugbot 9000.

Thank you for providing such an entertaining thread - and to winnie-l for preserving it!

Oops

Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.64 seconds
9,188,543 unique visits since 8th January 2014