Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
The Gift of B7
Chase123
GOLD
Another wonderful episode but…maybe someone can explain the entire thing to me again. Why, once they stole the gold, did they have to meet the buyers? So they can turn the black gold back into gold? Who was delivering what to whom? From the way the hooded one walked, it had to be Servalan but it was still a bit of surprise that she’d only be in the last 11 minutes or so but what an 11 minutes. “He doesn’t know you like I know you,” Avon. To which she says, “Who does?” and hilariously, “Avon, do watch where were you’re pointing the gun.” Other than that, a lot of action but for once, the team kills guards and people I’m not sure really deserve it and not to really save anyone else…just to steal …for themselves. I forgot to mention last ep, Vila shot a guard. Here, almost everyone gets to shoot someone. I found Tarrant’s acting as if he were on drugs a bit…funny and/or annoying. The music as the drugged passengers move about on the ship as it flies in space is a cutsey, fun piece that is memorable. Once more, everyone has something to do and Avon gets to admit that Vila is frequently right. In the end, when Avon realizes Soolin is correct—they risked their lives to make Servalan rich---he just laughs as a full psychotic would…and it’s chilling this time. In fact, much of what Avon does is chilling in this episode and many of his lines, while sideline in funny are chilling. The bit with the doctor being shot was memorably chilling, too. Keiler was, at first a funny character with his asides and his “love” of Soolin…but then he turns to murderous (the doctor) and betrayer. I also like how Orac slightly laughs when he explains how the planet has no become part of the Federation and that the money they all have is worthless. It turns out our heroes are not heroes but fools…and this isn’t the first time they’ve done something this stupid….just look at last episode and GAMES for things they’ve done without thinking about the consequences or the traps they’d fall into…much. It does make for riveting viewing though and entertaining viewing at that. Again lots of interesting dialog, including Tarrant not believing in all of Slave’s “sorry, sirs.”

ORBIT
Despite Egorian and Pinders’s sometimes over the top behavior (even Servalan backs away from them and rolls her eyes at them), this episode is quite good. Before I forget, Vila says something similar here to what he said in Gold. In Gold, when Keiller says he has a criminal record, Vila says, “Hasn’t everybody?” and here Soolin says, “So he’s a criminal,” Vila says, “Aren’t we all?” Although I’m getting tired of old chubby men betraying the team, this episode builds quite a background and character for Egorian and Pinder. Soolin btw looks absolutely gorgeous. Okay, after the tachyon weapon is jettisoned, why can’t Avon (or that matter Servalan but not likely) retrieve it from outer space? In any case, grisly deaths for Pinder and Egorian. Lots of nice dialog and circumstances. BUT what lifts this episode from just a good one is the scene where psychopath/sociopath Avon stalks Vila in the shuttle after Orac tells him…”Vila weights 72 kilos.” Darrow plays this to the hilt and it seems that on the DVD we do see Vila crying---I was assured that there is a cut scene where Vila is crying hysterically while in hiding from the killer Avon. Avon is highly unlikable in this episode, mostly due to that…I say that but well, in a way, Avon is a likable villain in the same way that perhaps Anthony Perkins was a likable Norman Bates in all the PSYCHO movies. Was Egorian really in the belief that Servalan would liaison with him in any way? Apart from that he seemed to favor young, short funny men like Vila and the adolescent Pinder, only to discard them as he would Pinder for Servalan. What’s she doing all alone by the way in a two person ship? And if they gave the tachyon device to Avon, why couldn’t he use it to destroy the planet? Maybe it had nowhere to be connected to? In any case, a very entertaining episode and funny in some ways, morbid in others. BUT that scene in the shuttle were Avon hunts Vila seems as if the entire series was leading up to this sequence. It’s a classic moment to be honest and quite chilling. One can fully believe Avon would sacrifice Vila if there was no other way to save himself and Vila together. I wonder what the others would have thought about that? I wish there was some kind of story in between so we could find out. In all, a very good episode.

Warlord
Another good episode. Zukan is almost Servalan as a male, it’s a wonder she didn’t ally with him instead of planting a bomb on his ship. And btw why didn’t he have her watched as she left his ship? In any case, it’s the last time we see her, planting a bomb, unless you count the image of her face that Zukan sees just before his ship blows up. He’s a malicious evil fool, too. More from her about how she feels about Avon. Zeeona is a nice enough character, noble unlike her father, unlike Avon, who is growing more and more machine like, psychotic and anti social. Even Soolin admits that she’s rather not leave Zeeona to just him for company, yet Soolin defends his orders to have Tarrant go find out about Zeeona…and Soolin also saves his life on the planet (good plan telling the Feds that she was Zukan’s daughter). Still, she does betray Avon slightly by sending Zeeona back to the base…which in turn just about saves the others’ lives. Orac is damaged but in the next episode he’s got red bands around him (to hold him together?). Vila drinks again. The base is all but destroyed (and will be totally in the next episode thanks to the team thinking Zukan told Servalan where it was---HE DIDN’T and that’s ironic as he’s a monster). With Avon betrayed by Zukon again, he’s slipping into more and more of becoming a total monster/psychotic. Tarrant and Zeeona have a nice romance but Vila rolls his eyes at it and Avon finds it an annoyance (love how Avon ploughs into Tarrant in the background when Zukan returns to the base to confront her. The alliance of planet’s leaders wear some strange outfits. One thing I don’t get: why did Zeeona take off her glove? Did she do it on purpose? Was it a mistake? Did she do it because she felt her father’s death? Or was sad about her father? Or ashamed? Or that she saw Jarden die? Who was he to her? How did Avon know she was dead already? She didn’t answer? Why did he seem so happy about it? He’s crazy?! The opening scenes are odd as in a little square we see guards shooting at mesmerized civilians. It has a bit of 1984, Brave New World, Fahrenheit 451, and the Prisoner about it as drugs are used to control the populations (but then why shoot at them?). At times, it feels as if the planet the base Xenon is on is airless but it’s not. The base is underground so that gives that illusion and we rarely see the planet as we did in Power and Headhunter. It’s also interesting that the planet of Zukan and Zeeona is a planet that has no night. Maybe that’s what has driven Zukan to be such a nasty man. In any case, a good episode with plenty of back and forth and some great dialog again and a lot of it between Soolin and Avon. Soolin’s turned out to be quite a good character. And she looks beautiful again.

Blake

Ekkkk. Ewl. Well, the show had to end this way didn't it? I mean I used to think this was the greatest way to end a show like this but seeing it now, I'm not so sure. I'm more like 50/50. It seems such a tragic way to end the show...a test by Blake---who does not trust anyone easily (a theme of the show surely) and whom does not explain this to Avon when he most assuredly should...but mutters inane nothings instead. Avon's at his most psychotic but he does seem to be upset by Tarrant's approaching death. The line about Gauda Prime as Avon describes it ...Darrow's just brilliant when he reaches the word psychopaths..and smiles and nods his head as if that's the one he is. Still, it's very in with the show to have everyone die...and even so...

...the Federation lands and takes over far too easily...maybe this is some mind game Blake is playing in the heads of the crew as they neared Guada Prime (?). Other writers see no way out and it seems the writer or producer was told to end the show and he was so production intention was to NOT continue and that they're all dead. The biggest loss for me is Vila, of course but Slaves's last words are quite sad, too. Oh and why didn't Orac detect and warn everyone on Scorpio about the very close attack? Instead he prattles on about lines of infinity and stops Slave from warning everyone...and even Slave takes forever to set off the alarms.

That said, Soolin gets the best lines this time and she's had several over the season. I like that she might be as formidable as Avon. BTW, she "sells" her services to the highest bidder (as said in the terrible Rescue, the worst episode) so what? IS she getting paid by the others?

The crash is quite strange. The effects are well done from the model work angle but the interior sets getting knocked up and down look...kind of fake. I really thought Tarrant had had it. Which of course, later he does. Vila's shot looks as if he might have been stunned or wounded and we saw no blood but often we did not see blood on Blake's Seven. OR again, all of it could be a plot by Blake but then...why have Fed guards surround Avon? To see if Avon would kill Feds even at the last moment?

In many ways a quite satisfactory ending to the entire series and yet...who doesn't want more? BUT would more be worth it? Big Finish seems to think so but they also seem to be sure that most of the others are dead including Vila, Blake, Dayna, Tarrant, and Soolin but curiously not Avon...whom to me is also dead if the others are. In any case, the audios before Big Finish seemed...not to be worth it. BUT now BF's stuff is mostly great and worth a try. Blake could be the clone or A clone. It is clear he's not really a bounty hunter but only using that as a cover but the clone didn't really seem to be a killer of any kind (the Clone Masters didn't want to kill? or did they?). They were working for Servalan!

In any case, it's hard to dislike AND like Blake, the episode. It's quite a grim way to end a series and for that time, unheard of. Blake's Seven may have started the grim endings to series...and if not, certainly this was one of the most memorable. Only sad.

Next time: Episode One!

Gauda Cheese
trevor travis wrote:

Glad Michelle liked Sand... Tarrant & Servalan follow in the footsteps of Vila & Kerril by having sex while fully clothed Grin Well it was the BBC in the 1980s. Pfft

You now enter what I consider to be four-linked stories, which tell of the downfall of Avon. I love every single one of these episodes.

I love them as well. Gold will be watched verrrrry soon
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

Gauda Cheese
Gold

or

Alwaaaaaays Beelieeeeeve Innnnnn Yourrrrrrr Soullllll (Shady Fat Guy part deux)

"They aren't stunning these guards are they?"

Avon "He's usually right"

"Wow Avon compliments Vila!"

"Ew!" At Keller hitting on Pretty One

"Why are you saying "ew" Michelle is it because he's fat?

"What? No! He's a creep and a sleaze. Shut up idiot, try and make me feel bad I'll beat you up" I can't help but mess with her sometimes.

"I thiiiiink Tarrrrant isssss reeeeeeealy gooooood in thiiissss ooooooone" This cracked me up

"High heels. Totes Servalan"

"Tarrant and Avon the Staredown!" Right after Avon implies that a gangster is exactly what Servalan is.

Five in a row! Michelle really dug Gold and who can blame her? Heists stories done well are always memorable.

Michelle love that this was a straight up heist story, something that never would have been done during Blake's era. A lot of guards dropped and Michelle was a tiny bit uncomfortable, asking me if they were stunning them instead. Um no sorry hun, they're dead.

Character moments again! Sometimes its the little things that can make a story fun and memorable and this one had a few we both liked. Avon complimenting Vila, Soolin raising her gun so Keller backs off. "Soolin... shot them both" Tarrant acting drugged. Vila thinking everyone has a criminal record.

Michelle loved the end and the up close conversation between Avon and Servalan. That short exchange showed more chemistry than Sand and I LOVE Sand! Michelle kinda agreed, apparently I'm not allowed to say anything in anyway negative about Tarrant.

Mich seems to think the show is heading towards a final showdown between Servalan and Avon which will probably have a high body count. Now maybe if B7 was made today with story arcs etc etc in mind that'd happen, but I think Michelle is in for a shock.

She's made a few comments now about characters dying, most of them jokes, but Mich is realising they aren't having any luck except survival which might just run out.

Next up? My second favourite story of them all, Orbit

Sopron
Great to see that Mich is still with us, my heart breaks for her come Orbit and Blake, tho'... I hope she is fully recovered from Valentine's lurgy and well done to you for quitting the tabs.

littlesue
I am so enjoying these.I remember that Grandson, when he first watched Orbit, went strangely quiet at "Vila weighs 73 Kilos."
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

trevor travis
Waiting to see if Michelle goes off Avon a bit after Orbit. Angry

A disturbing but superb episode... one of the seven episodes in my top five. Grin

Gauda Cheese
Hmmm time for Orbit.

Gauda Cheese
Orbit

or

He Isn't My Brother and He's Heavy (Bad Bad Fat Man part 3)

"He (Pinder) looks like a rat"

"He's an abusive douche"

"That Orac fake?"

"Oh Vila....." Avon

"No way" Followed by total silence for the rest of the episode.

I'm going to go out and say this is six winners in a row, but only for me. Michelle hated this story and we all know the reason why.

For Michelle it was the complete lack of hesitation on Avon's part. He was willing to kill him in cold blood. Michelle thought that in their way, they were friends. I told her they probably were, but Avon always looks out for number one.

Michelle was quite enjoying the episode before Orac's "Vila weighs 73 kilos" She knew both parties were going to double cross each other but she didn't know how. Mich guessed the fake Orac, but not Egrorian's plan.

The episode is also very funny, mostly because of Vila and Michelle and I had chuckled. There were some amazing visuals too, when Avon and Vila are on the shuttle and you can see outside of the front window and the amazing effects of Egrorian and Pinder aging to death.

After the story finished I asked Michelle what she thought.... and she had Vila like tears in her eyes. She loves Vila and she loves Avon. Avon disappointed her in this story and she wanted to give Vila a giant big hug.

We're going to visit family in Canberra for a week and Michelle looks at me and says "So we leave it there!" Well the next two episodes won't fill her with joy. But yes we'll be back in a week. Hopefully I won't be too grumpy to everyone as I stay away from the fags.

Joe Dredd
Gauda Cheese wrote:
There were some amazing visuals too, when Avon and Vila are on the shuttle and you can see outside of the front window and the amazing effects of Egrorian and Pinder aging to death.

Yes, just like the scripts ramp up in the second half of the series, they seem to start pushing the SFX at the end too. I love all the views we're treated to from the shuttle's front window - Scorpio departing too, from memory. We see some more 'out the window' views from Zukan's ship in Warlord, which also has the Incredible Flying Troopers gymnastics act.

Ellen York
Orbit is another that I missed watching as a kid. I knew what was coming from spoilers in various fan-fics, but it was still hard to watch; poor Vila looked terrified. I don't think Avon wanted to kill Vila, but he was trying to convince himself that it was the logical thing to do. The flaw in that being that the logical decision isn't always the right one. And sometimes there isn't a right choice, but only the choice that one can live with. I question if Avon could have lived with himself if he had killed Vila. Avon does look out for number one, but he isn't the heartless SOB that he would like people to believe

GoldChannel
not surprised your sis was so upset with Avon re: wanting to chuck Vila out the airlock!!! lol

enjoy Canberra

Sopron
Poor Mich. I think a week's break is a good idea, she's gonna need all the help she can get.

You can always work on the 'he couldn't have meant it really, how hard can it be to find someone in a stripped-out shuttle' angle.

Meanwhile, well done on sticking with the non-smoking. Are you going cold turkey or have you tried those e-cig things?

GoldChannel
i forgot to say, re: Gold (#"G-ooold!"#)

.....that the bit where the security cameras are being faked always reminds me of Oceans 11

i know B7 was first but i only saw this myself for the first time at xmas *lol

Blakes 7.... ahead of the pack

Gauda Cheese
Hi all and we are back, though we have a busy couple of days. Warlord will be watched tomorrow night or Friday night.

It was good to go to Canberra and see some relatives again and do some sight seeing.

Sopron, I "quit" two weeks ago, but the first week was just cutting down. The week in the A.C.T to today i have been 100% smoke free. All cold turkey. I just picture John Sheridan from Babylon 5 saying "I win every-time I say no"

I'm sorry for all this drawing out of the finale, real life and all that jazz.

trevor travis
Has Michelle been asking for any hints to how it finishes?

I'm guessing, if she didn't like the end of "Orbit" (although it may change on subsequent viewing), then she also won't like the final 5 minutes of "Blake".

She wasn't a Blake fan was he? In which case, will the death of the others will have more of an effect than that of Blake?
Edited by trevor travis on 26 February 2014 12:39:58

Gauda Cheese
trevor travis wrote:

Has Michelle been asking for any hints to how it finishes?

I'm guessing, if she didn't like the end of "Orbit" (although it may change on subsequent viewing), then she also won't like the final 5 minutes of "Blake".

She wasn't a Blake fan was he? In which case, will the death of the others will have more of an effect than that of Blake?

Michelle joked that everybody will die (Assassin) but she isn't sure. Mich thinks it'll be a big showdown between Servalan and Avon and that people will probably die.

As for the ending? Her threat to beat me up might actually come to pass.

Sopron
Get the padded armour ready, GC. Looking forward to the next 2 posts (although I'm sure you're not...)

Michelle, be thankful you have such a brilliant big bro'...most of us had to suffer this alone... the horror, the horror...

Gauda Cheese
Watching Warlord in about half an hour-ish

trevor travis
Gauda Cheese wrote:

Pink wigs at the ready? Grin

I do like Warlord, though.

littlesue
Gauda Cheese wrote:

Oh dear, I hope Mich doesn't get too upset with Avon...again!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.45 seconds
9,859,649 unique visits since 8th January 2014