Login

Username

Password



Not a rebel yet?
CLICK HERE to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 1
Mark Stanfa

· Total Rebels: 925
· Newest Rebel: uazdah

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

 Print Thread
The Gift of B7
littlesue
Gauda Cheese wrote:

Angry Angel wrote:


I think that sounds fine, just post a spoiler warning before them, a nice big one for Fractures as people are less likely to have heard that yet. Have fun!


Don't worry I'll put a nice big Spoiler warning on them.

As for right now though its time for the gift that keeps on giving. About to sit down with the Mich for Sarcophagus.


This should be interesting........Smile
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!


sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/
 
Gauda Cheese
Sarcophagus

or

Goldcally Duh Duh Daaaaaaa


"What the #$%# is going on?"

"Are they watching weird space TV?"

"Are they aliens?"

"Is this a funeral?

"Avon's outfit is awesome" Yep she'll love season D

"Dayna looks pretty good too"

"Shut up bro!"

"God Avon kisses everyone.... Servalan, Dayna, probably Jenna, Alien Cally-"

"Um Cally is an alien"

"Shut up, you know what I mean"

"Look at that look, whats that about?"

"This ones probably my third favourite and I love it a bit more every time I see it" Me

"Really?"

"Yeah but the top two are just that much better" What can I say? Rumours and Orbit are sheer class. I refuse to tell her about Orbit.

"Ohhh does she write another one?"

"Yeah thats probably fourth for me"

"Can't wait"

Most of that talking was done after the episode had finished, but she was thrown by the start of it. This one seems to get mixed reactions and that always surprises me because I think its pretty much perfect. Michelle doesn't like this one as much as I do, but she did enjoy it.

Throughout I was wondering if she'd ask me to pause it and explain things to her, but there's me selling her short again, because she understood this perfectly.

We both burst out laughing to Vila saying "Jewels!" and Tarrant suggesting that Vila should learn self defence.

I keep waiting for Michelle to repeatedly say Tarrant is a dick, like she used to in nearly every season B episode with Blake. But Tarrant doesn't annoy her, he acts like the arrogant ex Federation officer that he is. That and I reckon she has a thing for Tarrant. Maybe I'll ask and maybe she'll tell me to shut up again. Mich did enjoy the verbal sparring between him and Avon, she sat right up in her seat eyes glued.

The bickering, the dialogue and characterisation all sparkled in the way it does in a Holmes or Boucher script, but thats just my opinion.

If Michelle is sick of Cally getting possessed she hasn't mentioned it to me. Maybe next episode?

She loved Alien Cally and thought Jan did a better job playing her than she did Zelda. I agree.

The confrontation with the Alien Cally was met with her sitting back up and leaning forward. Afterwards she told me that was one of the best moments of the series. Big hugs there.

As for the final look? She gave a similar reaction to the bit in Redemption when Jenna decides to sit reeeeeeal close and when Jenna gives Avon a very flirty "Good Luck" in Pressure Point. Though she thought this was more serious, very longing kind of look between two characters that have been through a lot together.

Next up...... More Aliens!
 
Gauda Cheese
Because of the road trip next week I showed her my copies of LC 3 and Warship then I pulled out the sleeve and showed her what the cast look like today. That was very amusing.
 
trevor travis
I do like "Sarcophagus". It was one of my favourite episodes as a child (along with Ultraworld, Terminal, Headhunter and Orbit) and still an episode that stands up very well when I watch it now.

It has a simple plot that is easily followed on first viewing, but has lots and lots of subtext which can be enjoyed on repeat viewing.

I would say it's outstanding television, but then again, most of Season C is outstanding television.
 
Gauda Cheese
trevor travis wrote:

I do like "Sarcophagus". It was one of my favourite episodes as a child (along with Ultraworld, Terminal, Headhunter and Orbit) and still an episode that stands up very well when I watch it now.

It has a simple plot that is easily followed on first viewing, but has lots and lots of subtext which can be enjoyed on repeat viewing.

I would say it's outstanding television, but then again, most of Season C is outstanding television.


Most of Avons 7 is outstanding television Happy
 
JustBrad
A very interesting episode coming on the heels of Rumors...

Regret is a part of being alive, but keep it a small part.
As you do?
Demonstrably.
 
Gauda Cheese
I've had Dayna's song on my mind alllllllllll day.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...
 
littlesue
One of the things my Grandson found most interesting about B7 was the 'looks' that each character gave to another...or the unspoken sentiments. He would often whisper...."I wonder what he/she is thinking", or he would even fill in the dots, so to speak, like "Avon's NOT happy about that...at all!"; usually just after something Blake had said!
And next 'Ultraworld'.
Will she also ponder that great question...what if Tarrant hadn't got the container's the right way round?GrinAngry
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!


sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/
 
President Solvite
Ahh a great missed opportunity..

A B7 body swap episode.. Avon getting all tetchy in Cally's body whilst Tarrant and Dayna fall about in hysterics!

Grin
 
http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Travisina
President Solvite wrote:

Ahh a great missed opportunity..

A B7 body swap episode.. Avon getting all tetchy in Cally's body whilst Tarrant and Dayna fall about in hysterics!

Grin


I read a fan fic that dealt with exactly that scenario. It was all a bit... adult (think 'Dalek bumps'!) Grin
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes
 
President Solvite
Well yes... *coughs*

Boys will be boys and all that.. its like I guess getting a new car.. lots of buttons to press and err *coughs*

Moving swiftly on..

Back to you Mr Cheese with your next installment.
 
http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Gauda Cheese
littlesue wrote:

One of the things my Grandson found most interesting about B7 was the 'looks' that each character gave to another...or the unspoken sentiments. He would often whisper...."I wonder what he/she is thinking", or he would even fill in the dots, so to speak, like "Avon's NOT happy about that...at all!"; usually just after something Blake had said!
And next 'Ultraworld'.
Will she also ponder that great question...what if Tarrant hadn't got the container's the right way round?GrinAngry


Thats one sci/fi trope the show never dealt with.

If it ever does... AHEM Big Finish... do it with Vila and Avon.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...
 
Gauda Cheese
President Solvite wrote:

Well yes... *coughs*

Boys will be boys and all that.. its like I guess getting a new car.. lots of buttons to press and err *coughs*

Moving swiftly on..

Back to you Mr Cheese with your next installment.


Haha no probs. Ultraworld coming up tonight (meaning a couple of hours)
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...
 
Gauda Cheese
Ultraworld

Or

One of These Ultras is Not Like the Other Ones


"Ewww green goo"

"I dare you to drink some"

"Will it make me smarter?"

"Yay Vila is saving the day!"

For me I like that this is a runaround. After the three episodes before it I don't mind something a bit lighter.

Michelle enjoyed it, but it doesn't keep up the consistency for her that began with Harvest. She liked seeing Dayna and Tarrant teaming up again, though found the whole "love" scene funny and awkward.

That Vila sort of saved the day was a big plus for her. The scenes with Vila trying to come up with more riddles were hilarious.

We both love Vila's reaction to aliens.

Michelle wanted to see how Avon would react to having boobs. That made me laugh.

Okay so I jokingly asked Michelle if she digs Tarrant...

"Noooo! he's annoying!"

"It's cool I totally got a crush on Servalan, Cally and Dayna"

"I have a crush on Servalan too!"

"Yeah, but you love Tarrant"

"Shut up!"

By this point I was laughing myself silly even when Michelle threatened to beat me up.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...
 
littlesue
And now Moloch.
Equality of the sexes goes out the window here..."Give her to your men."
And Servie looks so nice hiding behind that Buddlia bush.
Anyway, if she laughs at the big reveal of Moloch, she will be in good company.
Poor Mr D collapsed into a fit of giggles..and couldn't stop. Dear Uncle Vere couldn't get a decent take.
They had to take a break in the end.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!


sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/
 
President Solvite
Indeed so did Jan she had to squeeze was it PD's hand? In order to stop her going into hysterics.

I quite like the Kentucky Fried Chicken episode.. featuring buxom flight controllers and of course Betchworth Quarry.

I remember when showing this episode to my sons they burst into laughter when Col Astrid was revealed.. Think they laughed at the dummy in a nappy! (that's a diaper to you across the pond!
 
http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Gauda Cheese
littlesue wrote:

And now Moloch.
Equality of the sexes goes out the window here..."Give her to your men."
And Servie looks so nice hiding behind that Buddlia bush.
Anyway, if she laughs at the big reveal of Moloch, she will be in good company.
Poor Mr D collapsed into a fit of giggles..and couldn't stop. Dear Uncle Vere couldn't get a decent take.
They had to take a break in the end.


I don't dislike Moloch, but i prefer Steed's other two stories. I LOVE it when Servalan interacts with Vila.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...
 
littlesue
President Solvite wrote:

Indeed so did Jan she had to squeeze was it PD's hand? In order to stop her going into hysterics.

I quite like the Kentucky Fried Chicken episode.. featuring buxom flight controllers and of course Betchworth Quarry.

I remember when showing this episode to my sons they burst into laughter when Col Astrid was revealed.. Think they laughed at the dummy in a nappy! (that's a diaper to you across the pond!


Yes, I think Grandson said the same thing about Col Astrid.....well, that's young boys for you!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!


sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/
 
trevor travis
littlesue wrote:

And now Moloch.
Equality of the sexes goes out the window here..."Give her to your men."


But restored after Servalan goes on the warpath, and Vila finds a trail of dead men Grin

Moloch has grown massively on me over the years.... it has me chucking away at its black humour.
 
Gauda Cheese
imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/21/q0gk.jpg

imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/546/sahp.jpg

Here we are! Hi!
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...
 
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.60 seconds
9,887,637 unique visits since 8th January 2014