Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Which setting do you enjoy most in Doctor Who stories, old or new series?
Period/historical Period/historical 13%[2 Votes]
Modern/contemporary Modern/contemporary 0%[0 Votes]
Futuristic/space/alien Futuristic/space/alien 6%[1 Vote]
Other (ie the Land of Fiction etc) Other (ie the Land of Fiction etc) 13%[2 Votes]
An even mix An even mix 69%[11 Votes]
Total Votes : 16
 Print Thread
Dr Who: Robot of Sherwood
Spaceship Dispatcher
Doctor Who: Robot of Sherwood is on BBC1 this Saturday the 6th of September 2014 @ 7.30pm

Starring Peter Capaldi, Jenna Coleman, Ben Miller and Tom Riley

+++THIS WEEK'S POLL+++

Do you prefer Dr Who episodes with historical, contemporary or futuristic settings?

Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

BradPaula
I think I would have to cast my vote as 'an even mix', as I like historical and futuristic stories. I'm not too keen on all the contemporary stories with the last two incarnations of the Doctor nor the companions, but seeing the coming attractions for next weeks Doctor Who, I am excited and hope for the best. -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
I voted 'even mix' as well. That's the joy of a Time Machine, you can have stories set in the past, present and future - set anywhen from the Big Bang to the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. I think DW should always have a good mix of contemporary, futuristic and historical stories, and as the series has now passed its 1/2 century, the older contemporary ones are themselves somewhat historical. If you see what I mean...
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Klenotka
I look forward to this one....even for the shallow reason that 12 will have a different variation of his costume in which he looks really great Grin

And I also voted for "an even mix". Historical were never my favourite in classics, mostly due to the real cheap set and sometimes really silly behaviour of the Doctor ("Oh, they are gonna execute me? Great! And I am not gonna do anything about that!"Wink but some episodes in modern era were better. But we never really got a medieval episode in the new series, so I am curious how this is gonna look Smile

And we will finally see Peter´s comedy skills Smile

JustBrad
An even mix. As for the historical stories, I quite like the ones where something has gone wrong and The Doctor must fix it, while letting history run its course.

Gauda Cheese
I usually like anything thats not modern as I feel its used too much.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

Obsidian
An even mix for me, and I agree with Paula completely. Got put right off the whole thing by the stories surrounding the last two incarnations of the Doctor, but Peter Capaldi is a whole other thing. I read the BBC wanted him to be more authoritative and rude! Well PC can do rude. Looking forward to the all new Doctor.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.seraglio-design.com
Klenotka
Trailer Smile

https://www.youtu...NU4gP-nGVk

Lurena
Mix for me too.
Travisina wrote:

I think DW should always have a good mix of contemporary, futuristic and historical stories, and as the series has now passed its 1/2 century, the older contemporary ones are themselves somewhat historical. If you see what I mean...

Exactly so. Why, that makes me feel a somewhat historical personage now... Wink
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Space Chopper
While I generally prefer an even mix, I voted for Historical, because we hardly get those nowadays, and my favourite stories have almost always been historicals. The last true historical, because it didn't feature aliens or monsters as the main big bad, was Black Orchid, which is one of my favourites.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

Klenotka
I agree with this positive review but then, I LIKE Mark Gatiss and his writing. I am sure this won´t be a hit with everyone.

http://www.denofg...ree-review

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm a Mark Gatiss fan too, so that already means I'll probably love this one Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Klenotka
Well, you can judge by this short preview clip Grin

https://www.youtu...7U09LLdN-g

Spaceship Dispatcher
Klenotka wrote:

Well, you can judge by this short preview clip Grin

This PC doesn't play Youtube videos, but I have seen stills from the preview and all I can say is...

Jenna Coleman. Sexy red dress. *insert drool smiley* GrinGrinGrin

Spaceship Dispatcher
After taking into account my love of much of the first 6 seasons as well the period recreations from the Cartmell, Davies and Moffat eras I have decided to vote for historical or period settings as my favourite backdrop for the show. Victorian gothic is usually a winner, but there have been some good 1940s recreations in The Curse of Fenric, The Empty Child and Victory of the Daleks and Aztec Mexico was great in the first season too.

Klenotka
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

After taking into account my love of much of the first 6 seasons as well the period recreations from the Cartmell, Davies and Moffat eras I have decided to vote for historical or period settings as my favourite backdrop for the show. Victorian gothic is usually a winner, but there have been some good 1940s recreations in The Curse of Fenric, The Empty Child and Victory of the Daleks and Aztec Mexico was great in the first season too.

I think you may love this season since this is obviously the way Moffat wants to take it with the new Doctor. And Peter being a fan of this (and actually talking about it) suggest that as well.

Victory of the Daleks is my least favourite Gatiss´ episode and generally, I really disliked it. But then, I had problems with Matt Smith´s era (for many reasons, Moffat´s writing really was not that big problem if he picked different Doctor and companion)

But I think we are going off topic here.

I suspect Robots of Shewrwood will be a major hit mostly because it is a classic DW fun adventure. Peter is great in "being serious in silly situations" so I hope they will make out most of it even in following episodes.
But I really think this one will be loved or hated, nothing in between.

JustBrad
I expect a light hearted romp after last weks heavily dramatic Dalek episode. That said, I won't be surprised if we get a drama easter egg at the end.

President Solvite
Like anything an even balanced mix seems a reasonable choice of episodes in my view.

This episode I suspect will be comical is style too.
For the reasons Brad and others have said.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Spaceship Dispatcher
President Solvite wrote:

This episode I suspect will be comical is style too.
For the reasons Brad and others have said.

It will be interesting, considering the episode title, to see if there's any Robin of Sherwood jokes woven into the script or the visual design - I'll have to compare notes with you and AA afterwards, either here or on Nothing's Forgotten!

President Solvite
Now am back from Germany (I'll be in both locations)

Looking forward to this, the trailer looked a hoot!

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.47 seconds
9,863,162 unique visits since 8th January 2014