Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 3
JustBrad, littlesue, Ellen York

· Total Rebels: 908
· Newest Rebel: TheElfandherFriends

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
18% [17 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 94
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
How long a B7 fan?
Robe
I sort of watched series 1 and 2 when they were first shown, my late father would be watching and I would occasionally watch as well. I only started watching every episode from series 3 onward. Once the DVDs came out I bought them all.

Kally
Hooked from the start. As said above schoo
l mates all loved it. Even my English teacher loved the show , she looked like Jackie, so I got away with Sci Fi related homework all the time. Shock
There will be companions for my death. I plan to raid the complex. To destory until I am destroyed.

meegat39
Loved B7 when it was first aired as a child. Never stopped loving it really, but only became a fan, ie fanatic a couple of years ago after rewatching the entire series for the first time since it was aired.

Child Of Auron
From my childhood I have memories of the original transmission of Shadow. I had a few more memories of Series C, though a lot of stories were jumbled in my head which made an interesting story in itself.
I remember most of Series D but it wasn't until cable channel Super Channel started showing Blake's 7 in the late 80s that I really became a proper fan

b7gary
i have watched blakes 7 since the way back was first shown , and i have loved the programme ever since.

veda
Hello, I've recently joined Horizon. I've been a B7 fan from the beginning, when I was still at school. I seem to remember it was shown after a trendy 'yoof' programme hosted by Toyah Willcox?

scorpiogirl
thinking back, i think i found it and became obsessed with it when S3 and S4 were aired - and repeated. a good friend of mine was similarly obsessed but had obviously got in there before me and used to talk about these characters called jenna, gan and naturally, the eponymous blake who i had never seen - can you believe it??? obsessed and never even seen blake!!! that soon changed of course,,,, i remember she used to write scripts and everything and send them off - and her that got me a personally signed photo of the lovely avon..which i now can't find!! eek....

meegat39
Hello Veda and welcome Smile Glad to see you're back Scorpiogirl!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

scorpiogirl
meegat39 wrote:

Hello Veda and welcome Smile Glad to see you're back Scorpiogirl!

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

trevor travis
veda wrote:

Hello, I've recently joined Horizon. I've been a B7 fan from the beginning, when I was still at school. I seem to remember it was shown after a trendy 'yoof' programme hosted by Toyah Willcox?

Toyah Wilcox didn't emerge on the national scene until 1981. But I thought the fourth season followed Angels on a Monday night.

On BBC2, it was the the Five Faces of Doctor Who followed by the Adventure Game. Then a half hour gap (while Angels was on BBC1) before the main highlight of the evening... brand new B7!!! Grin

President Solvite
Err TT I'm not sure that you're correct about Toyah not coming onto the national scene until '81. She starred in various films and TV series in the late 70's it is quite possible that this memory is correct although maybe the trendy youth program was on another (or the other!) channel.

In any case welcome aboard Veda

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Spaceship Dispatcher
According to her Wikipedia entry, Toyah Willcox only appeared in three productions on television before 1982 (Quatermass, Shoestring, Minder) and made her first television appearance as herself on a celebrity quiz show in 1984. Mostly, her work in the late 1970s seems to have been on the stage plus four film roles.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
President Solvite wrote:

Err TT I'm not sure that you're correct about Toyah not coming onto the national scene until '81. She starred in various films and TV series in the late 70's it is quite possible that this memory is correct although maybe the trendy youth program was on another (or the other!) channel.

In any case welcome aboard Veda

PS, you could be right, but I've just used Wikipedia:

TV appearances:
1979: Quatermass as Sal
1980: Shoestring
1980: Minder
1982: Tales of the Unexpected as Marigold
1982: Dear Heart as Super Advice Person
1983: The Ebony Tower as Anne (The Freak)
1984: Pop Quiz - Christmas Special
1988: French and Saunders as herself
1988: Boudicca
1990: Cluedo as Miss Scarlet
1991: brum
1992: First Night on TV - hosting
1993: Doctor Who: Thirty Years in the TARDIS as herself
1994: The Ink Thief
1995: Kavanagh QC
1996: Good Sex Guide Late
1997: Presenting... Toyah on VH1
1997: Light Lunch
1998: Boys from the Black Country The Slade Story - hosting
1998-2005: Never Mind the Buzzcocks
1999: It's Slade
1999: Barmy Aunt Boomerang
2002: Rock Legends as herself
2002: Open House Panto Special
2005: QueenMania
2006: Proud Parents as herself
2007: Secret Diary of a Call Girl
2007: Loose Women - One Time Panellist
2008: In Your Dreams as herself
2008: Living with the Dead
2008: Celebrity Mastermind
2008: Ready Steady Cook - Celebrity Christmas Special as herself
2009: Psychic Therapy as herself
2009: Celeb Experiences as herself
2009: Hole in the Wall as herself
2009: Celebrity Brides Unveiled as herself
2009: Celebrity Life Skills as herself
2009: The One Show
2009: Casualty
2011: Celebrity Ghost Stories
2013: All Star Mr & Mrs
2014: Splash

Not much in terms of TV appearances (except the odd aciting role) while B7 was still running.

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

According to her Wikipedia entry, Toyah Willcox only appeared in three productions on television before 1982 (Quatermass, Shoestring, Minder) and made her first television appearance as herself on a celebrity quiz show in 1984. Mostly, her work in the late 1970s seems to have been on the stage plus four film roles.

SD, great minds think alike, I also checked Wikipedia Cool

Welcome aboard Veda!!

President Solvite
So did I, but as we all know Wikipedia isn't perfect and it is quite possible she appeared in a Youth TV program that isn't mentioned as a guest or whatever.

I was certainly aware of her pre 81.. Her early stuff starts from 77!

Spaceship Dispatcher
President Solvite wrote:

I was certainly aware of her pre 81.. Her early stuff starts from 77!

We'll just have to defer to your greater age and experience... Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

veda
Thanks for all the welcomes guys. I thought the Toyah programme was called something like See Hear or Look Hear - maybe I've been in the memory-alteration clinic and had some Toyah thoughts implanted, who knows. Anyway it's great to be aboard!

trevor travis
To have known Toyah pre-1981 (which is when she went mainstream, she hadn't had a single top 40 until then), PS must have been a punk rocker.

In which case I need to bring a pink wig on April 13th, so we can see what PS used to look like Grin

President Solvite
She was in all kind of things pre 81

Jubilee, Quadrophenia and Minder to list but a few.. Pretty sure she was on a few things like Nationwide..

Quite liked her, she was and still is a cool lady. (with a slight fetish for cybermen as well!)

EDIT
Here's a better reference for Toyah's work which started in the mid 70's and was started to be recognised in the late 70's as I said.. Even winning best Newcomer in 1980.

http://toyahwillcox.com/cv/

Program you may have seen Veda was Look Hear (started to air in 79) But she may have guest starred in another programme possibly on BBC2??
Edited by President Solvite on 12 January 2014 18:34:57

Travisina
We saw her in pantomime a couple of years ago - she was the Wicked Queen in Snow White (with Warwick Davis and his family as the 7 Dwarfs). A very cool lady, indeed!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.48 seconds
9,099,718 unique visits since 8th January 2014