Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 1
littlesue

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
* Ask the Producer - New Feature! *
Spaceship Dispatcher
The idea of a Dr Who/B7 cross-over has been discussed many times, but I believe the fact that both series are licenced from totally unrelated copyright holders would be the issue.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Inquisitor
Are there any plans for a cross through storyline, ie a story or set of stories with a link running through them, the 1st part set in Season 1 then 2 and 3?

Joe Dredd
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

The idea of a Dr Who/B7 cross-over has been discussed many times, but I believe the fact that both series are licenced from totally unrelated copyright holders would be the issue.

Now GT and Tom Baker are on board at Big Finish, I'd love them to do the "Hello Blake" "Hello Doctor" passing moment. Rather than derail any narrative build-up mid story, it could be added as an isolated track after the story finishes (with appropriate soundscape to let us know where in the episode it was meant to have occurred).

clareblues1
Joe Dredd wrote:

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Now GT and Tom Baker are on board at Big Finish, I'd love them to do the "Hello Blake" "Hello Doctor" passing moment. Rather than derail any narrative build-up mid story, it could be added as an isolated track after the story finishes (with appropriate soundscape to let us know where in the episode it was meant to have occurred).

Or you could work it that Tom Baker plays the part of a Doctor in Blake's 7, i.e. someone that Blake genuinely does know or is acquainted with...you could still have them say that line without it distracting from the overall story.
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

clareblues1
Travisina, may we also use this thread to make requests for B7 actors to appear as guests at Big Finish Day's or should that be separate?

I have already written to 10th Planet and made a request of this nature with a view towards next year's events.

Personal preference Mr Pacey please!
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Travisina
@Clareblues: To be honest, I don't know how the guesting is arranged at Big Finish Days - ie how much is organised by BF and how much by 10th Planet. However, we might as well use this thread to request the B7 actors - if Cavan Scott isn't the person to ask, I expect he will know who to pass it on to.

@Everybody - Just to let you all know, I have now passed the first batch of requests/comments/queries to Cavan and when he replies, I'll publish his answers as an article. Meanwhile, please carry on posting your questions and comments here, and the next batch will be sent in another month or two - possibly once the November releases have come out (Liberator Chronicles Volume 10, Ep1 of the next all cast and the next B7 novel - Xmas is early this year!)

Travisina
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Space Chopper
Thanks, Travisina, I look forward to Cavan's replies.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

clanger68
I was hoping to see some Blake's 7 guests listed for the upcoming Big Finish Day 5.

Gary is putting on a Blake's 7 costume display, I thought they might go for a bit of a theme, ah well, it will still be a cracking day.

- Andy
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Space Chopper
Well, Dan Starkey was in Battleground, and Alastair Lock (Zen, Orac, sound engineer) is there, so there are at least two...
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

clanger68
Very true, and a heap of production peeps.
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Travisina
I had planned just to turn up on the day, as I had the previous two Big Finish Days, but tickets have now all sold out. Sad

I suppose I should have realised how much of a draw Tom Baker's 80th would be, and it's my own fault for not pre-booking, but I'm still disappointed - I really enjoyed the other BFDs I've been to. Cracking days, as clanger said.

Ah well, just have to book early for the next one...

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

I had planned just to turn up on the day, as I had the previous two Big Finish Days, but tickets have now all sold out. Sad

Oh blast!!!!

Mind you, the B7 guest list for this one was very disappointing in any case.

Travisina
Space Chopper wrote:

Well, Dan Starkey was in Battleground, and Alastair Lock (Zen, Orac, sound engineer) is there, so there are at least two...

Dan Starkey was also in 'Spoils' in which he plays the male Dream Maker and the dream versions of Avon and Vila, as well as lots of other characters, including soldiers, prisoners, rebels, servants... a truly amazing performance.

BradPaula
I concur with Travisina, Dan Starkey was amazing as the male Dream Maker in 'Spoils'. He's also a nice guy and very funny in his own right. I met him last year and it was the highlight of the convention. -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

trevor travis
Thirded. Met Dan Starkey at Brit Sci-Fi, and I too thought he was amazing in "Spoils". I'm trying to work out who is the definitive Avon... Michael Keating or Dan Starkey Grin Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Yes, he was excellent in Spoils.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Thirded. Met Dan Starkey at Brit Sci-Fi, and I too thought he was amazing in "Spoils". I'm trying to work out who is the definitive Avon... Michael Keating or Dan Starkey Grin Grin

Actually, it's Alistair Lock - he does a superb Avon!

JannaKalderash
They need to do at least ONE that focuses on Cally's upbringing. Without having thousands of sisters with the same name! I always thought that was pretty stupid.

One, repeat ONE batch of sisters, all with different names and personalities, driving their parents cuckoo, with Cally being the tomboy toughie that gets them into all sorts of scrapes before leaving her home planet to fight for the Rebellion.

Her other sisters, except for Zelda, leave the planet as well (because it's rapidly stagnating, and these girls all want to leave the nest, have fun, make their own lives, etc.)

They all end up fighting against the Federation in their own way, especially when Cally's name and face become well known. Once that happens (and people mostly don't believe that they're all sisters.) they all decide to band together again and REALLY start making trouble for the Feds.

It could be an AU where Cally doesn't freaking die on Terminal, or her sisters find a way to revive her somehow, and then they decide that what they're doing isn't enough, but they have to up the ante in some way.

Joe Dredd
JannaKalderash wrote:
One, repeat ONE batch of sisters, all with different names and personalities, driving their parents cuckoo, with Cally being the tomboy toughie that gets them into all sorts of scrapes before leaving her home planet to fight for the Rebellion.

The Auron version of the Famous Five! Or perhaps the Famous Fifteen, given all those siblings.

JannaKalderash wrote:
and these girls all want to leave the nest, have fun, make their own lives, etc.)

...so they all move into the spare downstairs flat. Robert Gillespie stars as their dad, the put-upon but slightly disturbing Clinician Rush.

JannaKalderash wrote:
they all decide to band together again and REALLY start making trouble for the Feds.

Charlie's Auron Angels.

Interesting suggestions, Janna. Don't mind me, I just watch too much old telly!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.60 seconds
9,947,977 unique visits since 8th January 2014