Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
* Ask the Producer - New Feature! *
Travisina
Hi All,

As you probably know, Cavan Scott has taken over the reins from David Richardson as producer of Big Finish's B7 audio range. He would like to invite Horizon members to send in questions and comments, but instead of posting individual answers on the forum, these will be published as a regular feature on the website - a bit like the letters page in Vortex.

I know there's already an 'Audio Wish List' thread, and comments/queries have been appearing in other threads, but in order to keep things simple, please post (or repost) all questions to Cavan on this thread, or PM them to me. I'll be forwarding them to him in batches of ten at a time, so first come, first served!

Travisina

PS You can read some of Cavan's plans for future B7 releases here: Interview with Cavan Scott - Part Two
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Joe Dredd
Are there any plans to allow open submissions again in the future?

trevor travis
OK let's summarise some of the ones already asked on the other thread (it's not really four from me, more of a summary of things already posted):

1. Are there any plans to include the character of Soolin, as portrayed by Glynis Barber, in a future audio? Soolin is a character ripe for further development.
2. We've already some excellent guest characters return such as Del Grant and Rontane. Carnell is a character with lots of untapped potential. Any chance of a return for Scott Fredericks' smooth puppeteer?
3. Will Chris Boucher be asked to write an audio and/or book? His understanding of the B7 universe is second to none. There is a forthcoming Philip Hinchcliffe Presents box set for the Doctor Who range; could we possibly have something similar with Chris Boucher and Blake's 7?
4. Tanith Lee had a unique take on Blake's 7. Any chance of her being recruited to write for the Big Finish B7 range?
Edited by trevor travis on 20 August 2014 12:12:46

Gauda Cheese
Any chance of a novel set during Season C?

A story with aliens? (Aurons don't count!) How about those human hating ones mentioned in Breakdown or the ones who unleashed the Killer virus (see what i did there?)

And lastly because its after 1am.... Can we see the crew take on the Daleks? Doesn't need to be in continuity, but I think it'd be fun.

Oops
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

BradPaula
I agree we need to have Carnell back but also Babyan. Perhaps one of the writers at Big Finish could concoct a scenario as mentioned in City at the Edge of the World, where Tarrant mentions he has met Bayban earlier and go from there?

Also, how about exploring the early life of Del and Deeta Tarrant?

And of course, eventually we'll need a Scorpio Chronicles with Glynis Barber as Soolin. Also- since she was a mutoid in Project Avalon, perhaps a story from a mutoid's view, or even a Federation troopers view.

And what about Anna Grant? The mind boggles and mouth salivates at the prospect of these new story lines. -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

President Solvite
There's a myriad of characters I would like some stories on.
(some have been mentioned already)

Carnell would be a good choice along with Bayban.. I would also like a little story about Deva meeting up with Blake. I am personally more interested in the back stories of the little people than another adventure with the regulars. (But if we can have more full cast audios with some of these characters, that would be fine with me!)

Some Travis backstory would also be good, perhaps explaining his actions on Zirkasta and Auros (with perhaps a nod to the character trooper Parr)

Oops just realised I should probably read Pt2 of Cavan's interview. Will do that before I post anymore!

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
wall1885
well the Chris Boucher question was originally one of mine but I also would love stories featuring Soolin or Carnell

Also a Mutoids back story would be a very interesting spin on expanding on the B7 Universe

How about a Travis story that starts directly after the Liberator attacks Space Command HQ at the very end of his Trial - about how he escapes & what he does next or even the story about the massacre he orchestrated that led to his trial

I think you would need to be very careful in giving us the Blake/Travis original meeting story, that's probably one to avoid.

A Bayban story with Colin Baker would be amazing - there's not too much info from the TV show so there would be a lot of artistic licence there to develop a background- but dont make Bayban The Butcher comedic - he's a nutter & that needs to be remembered

You could get a 3 disc box set out of it if you did a Bayban back story, a Kerril back story then a third disc which sets the scene leading up to the TV story City at the Edge of the World.

There are so many one off discs you could release that if done right would be of interest to some if not all of us.

Brian Blessed as Vargas on Cygnus Alpha before he meets the Liberator crew

Tarrant - the Federation Years

well we've given you a few ideas here already, you may end up regretting asking for our ideas Grin

At Horizon we take our Blake's 7 very seriously.

and as a personal request please, please, please no stories featuring Ogg Pfft

trevor travis
wall1885 wrote:
and as a personal request please, please, please no stories featuring Ogg Pfft

AngryAngryAngry

Well yes, no stories involving Ogg (whoever or whatever that is), but plenty involving Og please, the true hero of the conflict PfftPfftPfftGrin

I resisted asking Big Finish about my "Og: Saviour Of The Universe" idea (basically Flash Gordon, but with Og in the title role), as I believe it would be so good, it would undermine the rest of their range. Grin
Edited by trevor travis on 21 August 2014 11:32:30

clareblues1
I think something that would appeal to me and I hope others too, is a piece that celebrates the actors themselves. We admire them, not just for the B7 characters that they portray so well, but for just being themselves too.

Daresay these talents could be celebrated in any number of ways, including the one that is currently on the go, but one feature that frequently stands out at conventions etc. is the ability of the actors to make us all laugh.

I know we've already got B7 Junction 7, but that wasn't with the original cast. How about strictly a one off that lampoons B7 in a respectful way, but would be incredibly funny!

Perhaps this would be a step too far I don't know...I've no doubt reactions would be mixed...but I'm sure we would all agree on celebrating the talents of our favourite actors!
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

JustBrad
clareblues1 wrote:
... How about strictly a one off that lampoons B7 in a respectful way, but would be incredibly funny!

A B7 version of "The Curse of Fatal Death?"

Michael and Steven and Stephan would be especially good at this.

BradPaula
A funny version of Blake's 7? Brilliant. I think if I were to make a request, I'd say to continue hiring such brilliant actors as they have been doing- Anthony Howell, David Warner, Louise Jameson, Tom Chadbon (of course I had to name him- I'm his unofficial press agent you see) and other actors of that caliber. I have been blown away lately listening to these discs and being in awe of such sterling talent. I mean just with the the latest LC#9- Paul Darrow, Michael Keating, Jan Chappell, David Warner, Tom Chadbon- all these actors are seasoned veterans with more than 40 years experience each. You cannot get much better talent than that. So my request would be to keep doing our beloved Blake's 7 and keep hiring great actors as you have been doing. As they say, you get more with Big Finish. -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Space Chopper
I'm in full agreement with Glynis barber and Tanith Lee. One other thing I'd like to know is if they plan eventually to do any full-cast audio dramas set after Blake, so as to answer the mystery of what happened, who died and who got stunned, etc. So far, only Paul Darrow's books from BF have addressed this timeline- I just wonder if the BF folks had other ideas, and would like to record them?
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

Space Chopper
JustBrad wrote:

clareblues1 wrote:
... How about strictly a one off that lampoons B7 in a respectful way, but would be incredibly funny!

That would be brilliant! With all the 'timey wimey' stuff in Fatal Death, you could have in this one Avon going after a new unique crystal to add to his collection, Cally becoming possessed by the Liberator's toaster, while Vila drinks the wine reserves dry as Blake goes off on another moody sulk over Gan...
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

Lentila
JustBrad wrote:

clareblues1 wrote:

I would love this! What a fantastic idea! Can I also join the applause for the calibre of actors we have had in these audios, and please add my name to the list of people that would like to see Carnell return.

I'm with Space Chopper. I would like post-Blake stories.

President Solvite
Aha some kind of spoof in the vein of the 5(ish) Doctors would be superb.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
clareblues1
JustBrad wrote:

clareblues1 wrote:

Sorry to say I've not seen that, but just looked it up and I'm inclined to agree with your comparison! LOL
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Travisina
Just to let you know that I'll be collating and condensing the above questions and sending them to Cavan by the end of the month.

However, do carry on posting your thoughts, comments and criticisms here, as Ask the Producer is planned to be an on-going feature, and not just a one-off. If you miss the first deadline, there will still be plenty of opportunities to voice your opinions.

NB Some of you may find your questions have already been answered in Part Two of Cavan's interview
especially with regard to bringing back Glynis Barber as Soolin and/or Mutoid, and doing a story from a trooper's point of view.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:
NB Some of you may find your questions have already been answered in Part Two of Cavan's interview
especially with regard to bringing back Glynis Barber as Soolin and/or Mutoid, and doing a story from a trooper's point of view.

Aww, can't Cav be asked that question every time until we get Glynis? Grin I've already spoken nicely to Paula, who's going to ask him about Soolin and the Scorpio Chronicles when she meets him at the US con later in the year Wink

#bringbackSoolin #bringbackGlynis Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Aww, can't Cav be asked that question every time until we get Glynis? Grin I've already spoken nicely to Paula, who's going to ask him about Soolin and the Scorpio Chronicles when she meets him at the US con later in the year Wink

#bringbackSoolin #bringbackGlynis Grin

Absolutely! Ask every time! It worked for Paula in her efforts to bring about the return of Del Grant. Just keep battering them with polite requests, insistent demands and Welsh street signs until they relent! Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

blencathra
I have a question but I don't know if this has been asked a gazillion times already as I'm not here very often. If it has been asked, can somebody point me in the direction of the answer. Grin What I'd like to know is what are the chances of a Doctor Who/Blakes' 7 crossover. I'd give a body part to have that happen. Even if it didn't feature the Doctor, an invasion of Daleks would be excellent.

Also if they do manage to get Glynis, please could we have a Chronicle with Vila & Soolin. I just adore the pair of them in Headhunter & think they are brilliant together.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.79 seconds
9,943,646 unique visits since 8th January 2014