Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Part Two of Interview With Cavan Scott
Travisina
In Part Two of our interview with Cavan Scott, he talks to Horizon about the transition from writing to producing Big Finish's Blake's 7 audios and his plans for the future of the range:
http://www.blakes...icle_id=62

and if you missed it, you can catch up with Part One here:
http://www.blakes...icle_id=61
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Spaceship Dispatcher
Thanks, I'll have a look later Happy
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Joe Dredd
Horizon: Do you find yourself dying to write crossovers, like Judge Dredd meets Dennis the Menace?

Cavan: That would be a story and a half, wouldn't it? Judge Dredd and Dennis!

School bully Dennis Mennis gets his come-uppance in the Judge Dredd story "Judgement Day" by Garth Ennis, 1992.

Travisina
I did not know that! I wonder if Cav does?
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Joe Dredd
Maybe.

On the one hand, "Judgement Day" is one of the longer 'epic' type stories in the Dredd timeline. Ennis has the dead of the world rising up in a zombie plague that sees various cities nuked to stop the living under siege joining them. A number of 'name' characters are killed off and Dredd is teamed up with Johnny Alpha (Strontium Dog), arguably 2000AD's second biggest strip. Most of it is drawn by the great Carlos Ezquerra and it ends with a panel every Dredd fan knows.

On the other hand, Mr Scott(*) has to keep up with a number of franchises as well as all his other professional work. There's a mountain of Dredd material out there (weekly stories for the last thirty five years, plus what's in novels, the megazine, annuals, specials, audio plays etc), and the Dennis element isn't a major part of the story (as opposed to, say, when Dredd riffs on 'Calvin & Hobbes'). Also, given all the things you can get out of a Dredd story - depth, humour, humanity, action, etc - it's not very good. So he's not missing much if he hasn't! (Other than some great art.)

(*) Not trying to sound too formal but I've never had the pleasure of meeting him. * Waves *

trevor travis
Horizon: Is there now a chance we might see The Scorpio Chronicles?

Cavan: I would love to. I am pursuing the idea. I can't say when, or how, or even if it's going to happen, but as producer of Blakes 7 it would be remiss of me not to explore it.

Wooohooo!!!!

I want to do a Liberator Chronicles story from a trooper's point of view, that's something that will definitely happen. It's the kind of thing I'd like to do. It's good to hear our heroes, but like Pol in Logic, it's interesting to have a new character's point of view, and get to see the world through their eyes. I want to see the world through a trooper's eyes or a trooper's visor! Seeing the world would be interesting through a mutoid's eyes, too.

Horizon: Then you could hire Glynis Barber to play the mutoid!

Cavan: Oh ho, I hadn't thought of that! I'd love to bring in Glynis. We're definitely going to be exploring mutoids. If I was still writing and not producing, that would be one of the stories I'd pitch.

Travisina, great suggestion to Cav. If it actually comes about and we end up with Glynis as a Mutoid, I will buy you a pint Grin

Lurena
Thank you Cavan for this generous interview!

It was nice to read about your introduction to the Blake's 7 series and interesting to learn about, among other, your view on the characters.

One thing that struck me the most was your remark about the humour in Blake's 7.
Indeed it is needed along side the dark and grim; there is a diversity of humour in the original series which creates a good balance.

I admit, I am awfully behind in purchasing the audios, but I will correct that as soon as possible.
Meanwhile, I wish you much success and joy with producing the audios and with your other work as a writer.

Also thank you, Jackie, Diane and Jude for your time and effort!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Spaceship Dispatcher
Fascinating interview - I second Lurena's gratitude for a job well done! Happy
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

BradPaula
Very interesting interview. I look forward to bigger and better things with the future of Big Finish. Thanks to all involved! Good job. -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Lentila
VERY interesting interview! Thank you! I like a lot of Cavan's ideas - particularly having a story from a trooper's point of view. Another fan of the Scorpio Chronicles here. I don't like the final tv series as much as the others - but there is plenty of scope for new stories there, and there seems to be more space around each individual episode to slot in new adventures. It would be great to have some post-Orbit stories; Soolin deserves more character development; and we could learn more about the base and how the crew get by now they don't have the treasure room and a self-repairing ship.

What about Fifth Series adventures? I haven't read the Lucifer books, but is that Big Finish's definitive take on what happened after Blake? (I would love more adventures Post Gauda Prime myself, and it gets round casting problems if Josette Simon and Glynis Barber don't want to be involved - their characters would be dead/whereabouts unknown/escaped separately/turned traitor).

Spaceship Dispatcher
Lentila wrote:

Soolin deserves more character development...

For the word 'more', personally I would insert the word 'some'... but yes, it would be very welcome.

Gauda Cheese
Joe Dredd wrote:

Horizon: Do you find yourself dying to write crossovers, like Judge Dredd meets Dennis the Menace?

Cavan: That would be a story and a half, wouldn't it? Judge Dredd and Dennis!

School bully Dennis Mennis gets his come-uppance in the Judge Dredd story "Judgement Day" by Garth Ennis, 1992.

I do love me some Garth Ennis
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Lentila wrote:

Soolin deserves more character development...

For the word 'more', personally I would insert the word 'some'... but yes, it would be very welcome.

Ahem, what about "Headhunter", "Assassin", "Gold" and "Warlord" for starters. Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
What about them? Grin

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

What about them? Grin

They all develop the character of our favourite female gunslinger. Wink

Gauda Cheese
In a way I understand not having too many B7 audios come out. I pick and choose the Who ones based on the eras I like the most. Way too much Who output, but I know Who is a larger beast.

But on the other hand..... gimme more B7!
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.64 seconds
9,176,306 unique visits since 8th January 2014