Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Australia - Deliverance - Saturday 23 August
trevor travis
Well that was a fun episode. Avon turns out to a rubbish leader... I hope they never put in charge of the Liberator permanently... who knows what he'll do to it Wink

Gauda Cheese
trevor travis wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:
I kinda think timeline is 10 to 15 years. Call me strange

I consider there be around a decade from The Way Back to Blake. Avon undergoes a hell of a lot of character development in that time.... too much for 4 years.

I'm more flexible. I won't say timey wimey though that annoys me. I give it 10-15. I also think Servie goes through too much for it to be four years.

Around 10 years means anything from 8-14 for me.

The journey of the London alone is 8 months, so I agree that it has to be more than 4 years.

Yep. Also look at both Avon and Servie.... they look so different. Vila is Vila though.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

Gauda Cheese
Obsidian wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

I love the end theme of B7 LOVE IT. Well except disco Season D. I love Season D but well.... not that

Yeah, wish Radio National would play it when they're doing their space themed things. Much prefer to the Star Wars theme.

I love SW, but wow soooo cliche

trevor travis
Thanks for your company everyone. Have fun with Orac next week... us UK based guys will be in Abingdon, visiting the Pressure Point location.

Obsidian
trevor travis wrote:

Thanks for your company everyone. Have fun with Orac next week... us UK based guys will be in Abingdon, visiting the Pressure Point location.

Lucky guys. Have rellies in Abingdon. Must check out the location some day.

Thanks everyone! See you next time.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.seraglio-design.com
Gauda Cheese
That was awesome

Tyce
trevor travis wrote:

Avon saves the day by turning the computer off and on again... you can tell he works in IT.

Many years ago I worked in a office with older people who were all computer incompetent - I was the 'young one' and was therefore expected to know all this stuff. So every time the printer didn't work they didn't just call on me they whinged to me. (It was one of those old fashioned printers that used continuous paper and had perforations on both sides so it could be wound through).

Anyway almost always when I was called to 'fix' it was either just not plugged in at the power point or the printer itself wasn't turned on. One day it wasn't working but I was too flat out to look at it. They kept whinging and finally I just screamed from the other side of the room "Is the printer turned on?", "Yes" was the answer, I said "Oh I don't know then and I'm too busy to look at it now". Then I remembered how silly these people where and again shouting across the room I asked "Is it plugged in?" There was a lot of kerfuffle then ten full minutes later after they had got down on their hand and knees to look. They said "Yes". I said "Oh well, I'll look at it after this presentation is over".

Anyway the next day a techo arrived. I didn't say anything I just though they obviously couldn't wait for me to fix. But the techo was leaving almost before I could finish this thought. I said "That was quick. What's was wrong?" He said with a grin from ear to ear "They work better if they're turned on at the power point." Since they had spent so much time on the floor looking to see if it was plugged in it didn't occur to me that they were too stupid to look to see if it was actually 'on' at the power point.....
Edited by Tyce on 23 August 2014 13:34:05

Joe Dredd
When I first started work, I doubled as the entire IT department. Every morning the MD would have a problem logging on to his computer. The problem was that he couldn't type without looking at the keyboard. The log-on box would pop up, then, as he looked down to type in his user name and password, the Norton Anti Virus splash screen would appear. He never saw it as he was never looking at the screen, so he didn't realise it blocked whatever he typed. The splash screen would disappear before he'd finished his one finger typing. He'd finish typing, look up and hit enter and get a failure message every time, then call me yet again. He'd repeat the exercise to demonstrate, and of course would log on successfully because there was no splash screen interrupting his typing. This just made him more frustrated....

Travisina
Obsidian wrote:

Meegat (Gamete)...

Good grief, I hadn't realised that! Despite having a degree in Biology and a love of anagrams, that never, ever crossed my mind.

So was that Terry Nation being a genius, or pure coincidence? When we interviewed him back in whenever it was ('89?) we asked about his choice of various character names - if only we'd made the Meegat connection, we could have asked him that as well. And now it's too late Sad
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Hugbot
And the Meegat/gamete thing gets even better as the real name of 'our' Meegat means 'life' ...

Travisina
Hugbot wrote:

And the Meegat/gamete thing gets even better as the real name of 'our' Meegat means 'life' ...

... and I hadn't made that connection, either! That's spooky-cool.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.88 seconds
9,155,392 unique visits since 8th January 2014