Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
***Server Outages 12th August & 7th Sept***
Sopron
Thanks, Travisina, and there was me thinking I'd lost the way after a long absence! Let's hope, with all those 'important' sites affected, that won't happen again...

Cool

Travisina
Hi All,

You may have noticed that Horizon suffered a major server outage on Tuesday 12th August. However, this was not just our host server, but also several others worldwide, including eBay and Skype. The reasons for this are deeply technical and probably best explained by those more computer-savvy than me.

These issues are being addressed by the servers' owners, so hopefully Horizon will be up and running properly again before too long.

Apologies to all members, but there was nothing we could do about it at our end.

Travisina
Edited by Travisina on 07 September 2014 12:53:20
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

BradPaula
And I thought it was only me. I was unable to connect to Horizon for over 4 hours, kept getting that dreaded white screen with MySQL. Glad things have come back to normal. I missed my 'fix' for the day. -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Seems I picked the right evening to be out after all!

...even if my team did lose at home and get knocked out of the Football League Cup in the first round Angry
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 12 August 2014 23:49:06
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
Orac unplugging half the world's computers to wash his hair again.... pesky supercomputer UnsureAngry

Space Chopper
Thanks, Travisina- I was having major issues trying to post last night and wondered what was up!

Someone should remove the Tarriel cells from the SQL servers, then maybe Orac won't affect them so badly! Or maybe it was Federac?!
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

Spaceship Dispatcher
Space Chopper wrote:

Someone should remove the Tarriel cells from the SQL servers, then maybe Orac won't affect them so badly! Or maybe it was Federac?!

Who in time and space is Federac?! And can he beat Djokovac? Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

clareblues1
Ahhh...that explains it...though I note the problem with the posts gettting out of sequence is still with us...classic case in point with this thread!
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

clareblues1
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Space Chopper wrote:

Who in time and space is Federac?! And can he beat Djokovac? Grin

Very good!!
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Travisina
Hi all,

You may have noticed that the website disappeared for several hours this morning, Sunday 7th September. Once again, it was a server issue over which we had no control.

Thanks for your patience - and welcome back!

Travisina

President Solvite
Indeed Travisina, may be a few emails coming your way, feel free to disregard! Grin

FWIW Server seemed to be down from about 06:45-13:45 BST

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Travisina
President Solvite wrote:

FWIW Server seemed to be down from about 06:45-13:45 BST

Thanks. I was checking it from about 8.00am, but I'll let Diane know the more exact times, so she can let the hosts know.

trevor travis
OK, SD and myself must NEVER agree on two different subjects during the same day again, we confused Horizon and caused the servers to short-circuit Grin Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Lol TT Grin Grin we messed up the normal routines by not arguing!

Oops

Travisina
Aargh, please stop agreeing with each other! I really can't be doing with another outage Angry

Ela
Glad to hear the reason for the outage (though not glad about the outage!!!).

I kept clicking and clicking and thinking I'd lost my new-found contact with other Blake's 7 fans.

Then I gave up and hoped we'd be back in a few hours.

Glad we are. Smile

wall1885
I thought the Federation had caused a DDoS- glad the Rebels defeated them (again) Angry

BradPaula
ORAC!!! You've got some 'splaining to do! Seriously though- glad the site is back! -paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

President Solvite
If Orac does it again I'll stick him a service pack where the sun don't shine Angry

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Ela
LOL! Grin

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.55 seconds
9,943,338 unique visits since 8th January 2014