Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Space:1999
Spaceship Dispatcher
This series excelled in simple but effective fantasy concepts.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
Its a shame that TT's not into this show.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

BradPaula
Deadwood was a series on HBO or similar. It was quite popular a few years ago. Haven't had the time to watch it. But Ian was great in Pillars of the Earth as the 'evil' cardinal. -P
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

BradPaula
You know my ideas about excessive CGI effects. I would rather see the real actors any time. In this program you can really see where the money was spent. -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
Oh, by the way - if the server goes down, or one of us gets flood banned, I'll see you on FB as usual?

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

You know my ideas about excessive CGI effects. I would rather see the real actors any time. In this program you can really see where the money was spent. -P

Yes, so much is real - even the ships are all achieved with model work, which is a sort of reality in production terms.

BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Oh, by the way - if the server goes down, or one of us gets flood banned, I'll see you on FB as usual?

Plan 'B', yes. I see this exact post got sent upstream! -P

Spaceship Dispatcher

Yes, I had one go upstream - I reposted it and deleted the erroneous one.

And that one! Posted at 7.42, ended up at 7.27 Angry

BradPaula
Make-up! They need a bit of powdering down. -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
He's not feeling well.

BradPaula

He's not feeling well.

He caught a 'cold'. -P

BradPaula
And the 'Avon' shot from Assassin- shooting right up the nose. -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
I wonder if Don Houghton had seen this when he wrote the Doctor Who story Inferno? Not saying he intentionally took inspiration from this, but there are one or two similarities in the concepts and themes. The creature that has a special relationship with heat, and that heads for the reactor as a source of energy even though it can't reach the core; a creature that is formed when a man comes into contact with an energy source that changes him, but which isn't actually 'possession' as such in the usual horror sense.

BradPaula
The dvd says this was made in 1975. Wasn't Inferno in about 1973? -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
Love the sense of claustrophobia created when John and Victor speculate that the force is in the base with them. My favourite era of Doctor Who is the late 60s, with all the base under seige stories, so I suppose its logical that I like this show too!

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

The dvd says this was made in 1975. Wasn't Inferno in about 1973? -P

Good point - Inferno was 1970, so it was probably the other way around. This creative team had seen Doctor Who!

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm looking at my Inferno art now, just to my left on the wall of the dining/rewatch room Happy

Spaceship Dispatcher
The white of the main sets in this show also remind me of late 60s Doctor Who... Happy

Spaceship Dispatcher
Incredible lighting and camerawork in the solarium scenes!!

BradPaula
Must have the same malady as Gan. -P

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.75 seconds
9,148,267 unique visits since 8th January 2014