Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 3

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Which destination would you choose for a nice holiday?
Skonnos Skonnos 17%[1 Vote]
Vortis Vortis 33%[2 Votes]
Cygnus Alpha Cygnus Alpha 50%[3 Votes]
Total Votes : 6
 Print Thread
Best Holiday Destination?
Spaceship Dispatcher
If you had a speedy spaceship, which of these destinations would you choose for your summer hols?

My vote is for Vortis, obviously. How about you Trevor Travis?
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Travisina
My vote is Other. Or would be, if that option was there Oops

As I'm unfamiliar with the two Doctor Who planets, and unlikely to opt to spend my hols on Cygnus Alpha, I vote for Magrathea!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Spaceship Dispatcher
Voting 'other' is an offence against the Federation, so you get sent on a free holiday to Cygnus Alpha anyway Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

BradPaula
Let's see- Skonnos if I recall correctly is the planet where the Nimon come from in Horns of Nimon. Vortis is from The Web Planet where we have the Zarbi and Menoptera. Then we have Cygnus Alpha... tough choice there. 'Lord Nimon, it is I, Soldeed, and I have to choose between these planets for a holiday destination'. Sorry, hard not to joke about with that actor's delivery.

I'll go for Cygnus Alpha. Sure, it's the galaxy's armpit of a planet but you have lots of entertaining and loud shouting by Brian Blessed and complimentary extra strong mints daily, so.... Cygnus Alpha, it is. -Paula Grin
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
Curses! Or should that be, 'Curse of Cygnus?' Angry
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Lurena
Ah...well, no need to choose for me.
Summer hols are not found in my dictionary...

In spite of that I'd like to know a bit more about the two planets that are not Blake's 7.
If there is some employment available I may consider a choice.

Love from work station Crete (Greece)
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Let's see- Skonnos if I recall correctly is the planet where the Nimon come from in Horns of Nimon -Paula Grin

Skonnos was the planet that THoN was set on; the Nimon themselves arrived from Crinoth.

TT would probably say that you need to rewatch it, so it's a good job we have another THoN rewatch planned Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Lurena wrote:

In spite of that I'd like to know a bit more about the two planets that are not Blake's 7.

Vortis is a beautiful and fascinating world located in the Isop Galaxy. You can visit such scenic locations as the Crater of Needles and the Sayo Plateau, or admire the local fauna that includes giant ants and humanoid butterflies. There are caves and tunnels to explore too, although you must always be careful about the numerous pools and rivers of acid. Historical tours cover the site previously occupied by the Animus, a hostile invader that was defeated by the Doctor and his friends Vicki, Barbara and Chesterfield... or something like that. A perfect spot for a week in the great outdoors.

For a perfect city break, you could instead try The Power Complex on Skonnos - but I'll leave TT to explain that Grin

Lurena
Hmm..
Vortis doesn't sound bad. I do love nature/adventure trips.
Coincidentally, at this moment, in between work, I am exploring caves and flora-fauna.

Thank you for that explanation SD, now I'll wait for TT's about Skonnos (which btw sounds pretty Greek to me)

BradPaula
Another Horns of Nimon rewatch planned?

NOOOOOOOOO! -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Another Horns of Nimon rewatch planned?

NOOOOOOOOO! -Paula

I'm afraid so, it was a condition imposed upon my Leisure Hive rewatch due to happen a week later (date tba)

GrinAngry

trevor travis
Skonnos, obviously Grin

trevor travis
Anyone got any ant killer I can borrow? Wink

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
For a perfect city break, you could instead try The Power Complex on Skonnos - but I'll leave TT to explain that Grin

Yes, come to Skonnos.

You'll be amazed with our maze - which is famous all across the galaxies.

We also have bullfighting every Tuesday. Our trained bullfighter Romana looks splendid in her red costume.

We have a free shuttle to our twin planet of Crinoth. Travel at speeds unknown to man, through our ingenious wormhole technology.

Skonnos is also famous for its ballet dancing bulls, while we have a Blue Peter presenter on hand, who will show you how to make a model of the Power Complex using sticky-back plastic.
Edited by trevor travis on 07 August 2014 17:11:22

Joe Dredd
I vote for Del 10. Of course, they've replaced the atmospheric vita particles with atmospheric beta particles since I were a lad...

Lurena wrote:

'Hols' is an abbreviation for holidays.

Lurena
Joe Dredd wrote:

Lurena wrote:

'Hols' is an abbreviation for holidays.
That I already knew, but I meant to say I'm always at work. Thank you anyway.
And to be fair, working where I stay at this moment isn't bad at all. Plenty of health particles available!

Space Chopper
I'll take Cygnus Alpha, and hope that the Liberator passes by-although if I had any choice of world in the B7 or DW universe, I'd plump for the Eye Of Orion.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

littlesue
I've voted for Cynus Alpha too.
Anything would be better than the place we returned from last week; Park Resorts Romney Sands.
Go there at your peril...and I mean that. Daughter No 1 stepped outside the caravan and the stairs gave way!!!
One very bruised leg and sprained ankle. They are very lucky she didn't break anything!!!
I was not a happy bunny and let them know in no uncertain terms!
A four page letter of complaint has gone off this morning.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Ellen York
littlesue wrote:

I've voted for Cynus Alpha too.
Anything would be better than the place we returned from last week; Park Resorts Romney Sands.
Go there at your peril...and I mean that. Daughter No 1 stepped outside the caravan and the stairs gave way!!!
One very bruised leg and sprained ankle. They are very lucky she didn't break anything!!!
I was not a happy bunny and let them know in no uncertain terms!
A four page letter of complaint has gone off this morning.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate holiday. Hope Daughter 1 is feeling better soon.

RichardMk2
I vote for Metebelis 3. At least the human inhavitants do a mean Mutton Broth!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.68 seconds
9,177,889 unique visits since 8th January 2014