Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 1
thewayback7

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Australia - Project Avalon - Saturday 2 August
Travisina
Obsidian wrote:

Adore Servalan's politically incorrect fox fur. Here are two terrific actors.Sad

It's a marvelous scene, isn't it Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Spaceship Dispatcher
This episode imo is the closest B7 comes to being like Doctor Who; the style of direction, the sets, the music, the pacing and narrative style, and the sort of dangers and special effects we see. Travis killing the prisoner reminded my stylistically of the death of Prof Kerensky at the hands of Scaroth...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
Servalan is almost perfect in this... just her second episode. She's a brilliant character from the very first time she appears on screen.

Obsidian
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

This episode imo is the closest B7 comes to being like Doctor Who; the style of direction, the sets, the music, the pacing and narrative style, and the sort of dangers and special effects we see. Travis killing the prisoner reminded my stylistically of the death of Prof Kerensky at the hands of Scaroth...

Agreed. Haven't seen DW in a while but, yeah just your saying that took me back.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.seraglio-design.com
trevor travis
OOOh, nasty!!

Obsidian
trevor travis wrote:

Servalan is almost perfect in this... just her second episode. She's a brilliant character from the very first time she appears on screen.

She's the best. Love her! Stylish and mean.

trevor travis
This became before City Of Death, didn't it? Dudley reused part of the score for the latter.

Travisina
Hugbot in the snow! Oops

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

SD, I'm interested you think Dayna puts Vila down more than anyone else. I would say it's Avon. Although there's a mutual respect between all of them.

Its more in the delivery than the lines: Paul delivers it as blokey banter, but Josette Simon says her lines to Michael as pointed and snipey and sort of sneers at him. Paul always has a slightly unreadable, sardonic* quality to his delivery.

*Dictionary def: showing little respect in a humorous but unkind way, often because you think that you are too important to consider or discuss a matter
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 02 August 2014 10:36:47
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis
It's the Hugbot!!!!!

The Hugbot with its own built-in flame thrower!

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

This became before City Of Death, didn't it? Dudley reused part of the score for the latter.

Yes, it was just an example of a style similarity from the same period. I didn't mean that B7 was copying Dr Who.

Obsidian
I like the Soolin Mutoid. The way she speaks is quite pointed, as though she quite enjoys Travis's sadism.

Travisina
Post went upstream, but I noted that the interceptors on Zen's screen came up as a group of Federation logos. Bit of a giveaway, that!

trevor travis
I always think of the episode which best sums up Season Albert. A bit like Gold and Derek.

trevor travis
Obsidian wrote:

I like the Soolin Mutoid. The way she speaks is quite pointed, as though she quite enjoys Travis's sadism.

But it does poor Glynis no favours. It just doesn't suit her. Where's her lovely blonde hair?

The Mutoid costume suited Carol Royale more.

Travisina
Official introduction to the Federation handgun 'new weapon from the armoury'. So what were they using before...?

trevor travis
They don't need Jenna anymore do they? Cally can do fast turns, while Avon showed a bit of piloting skill in "Time Squad".

Obsidian
Travisina wrote:

Official introduction to the Federation handgun 'new weapon from the armoury'. So what were they using before...?

They remain the weapon of choice for such a long time through later Series, non?

Obsidian
trevor travis wrote:

They don't need Jenna anymore do they? Cally can do fast turns, while Avon showed a bit of piloting skill in "Time Squad".

Yep. Just what I was saying in a post that went awol. She's writing herself out.

trevor travis
They missed an opportunity here.

While they're looking at the mug shots of the prisoners, it should have been:
A1 Nation
G3 Boucher
B5 Maloney

With accompanying photos Grin

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.60 seconds
9,828,456 unique visits since 8th January 2014