Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Dr Who: Deep Breath
Ela
I think I'm going to hold off on voting until I get a re-watch in. I watched it for the first time in the cinema, which was great fun. I always enjoy watching Doctor Who in the presence of other Whovians. Smile

I enjoyed Peter Capaldi very much, but I have to say I found the that the storyline jumped around quite a bit. All these hints and bits. Wink

Loved the bit where Matt gets on the phone with Clara, I have to say. It brought tears to my eyes.

I'll check back in after my re-watch.

Lorna
It is interesting to read all the views from fans of the series.
However, I have been talking to people who do not watch Dr Who on a regular basis, and none watch SF in general.
My sister decided to watch with me, but couldn't get past the Lizard Lady. "Why didn't people around her comment?" So, she went into the other room to watch cricket.
One friend who only watched the first half hour before being required to be a taxi service for daughters, said "It was a bit cerebral."
Another friend watched because she liked Peter Capaldi, and loved it. But her husband said "Why was the Doctor so silly?"
I was having a pedicure and my therapist said she enjoyed it but her 9 year old son was a little frightened and spent the second half facing away from the TV screen, but carried on listening!

JustBrad
Lady Vastra, A giant T Rex in the Thames, and the nineteenth century...

Suspend disbelief for Time Travel: Check
...For a far far too large T Rex: Check
...For the inspector believing that Mandam Vastra has a skin disease: Check

Suspend disbelief that a Victorian (or Edwardian?) white male in a position of authority takes advice from a female.... That's stretching it a bit.

Klenotka
JustBrad wrote:

Lady Vastra, A giant T Rex in the Thames, and the nineteenth century...

Suspend disbelief for Time Travel: Check
...For a far far too large T Rex: Check
...For the inspector believing that Mandam Vastra has a skin disease: Check

Suspend disbelief that a Victorian (or Edwardian?) white male in a position of authority takes advice from a female.... That's stretching it a bit.

Two words - Doctor Who. *shrugs*

peladon
A lot of the people I know are not particularly PC and when a discussion of DW came up yesterday someone commented - 'who is it with influence in the media who wants to marry their pets I wonder, cos it looks liek they are starting another campaign for the steamrollering of attitudes to a sexual minority.'

I thought it a bit harsh, though I had noted something about it at the back of my brain, but having rewatched the ep on iPlayer last night (no more gripping the second time around - in fact this time I did get up and make a sandwich), I have to say that I can see what he meant. What the hell is SM up to, as its hardly needed by the storyline? Did I miss something?

Spaceship Dispatcher
As the next episode begins in just under an hour, the Deep Breath comments are now closed.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.30 seconds
9,128,531 unique visits since 8th January 2014