Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,042
· Newest Rebel: Sirius Fox

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [29 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [18 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [21 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
6% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [7 Votes]

Votes: 127
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Dr Who
Spaceship Dispatcher
Ah, Richard Todd Happy

Love the anecdote about MW trying to advise him on acting for television Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
British colonial attitudes under examination.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

This story is sensible to get rid of one of the companions early on... three is one too many.

Agreed, but they get rid of the wrong one! Angry
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

British colonial attitudes under examination.

More a straight forward criticism than an examination imo.

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

This story is sensible to get rid of one of the companions early on... three is one too many.

Agreed, but they get rid of the wrong one! Angry

Nyssa is as boring as Adric is irritating. As long as Tegan is in it.

Spaceship Dispatcher
The acting in the dome is a little ott at times, not all the time though.

trevor travis
Having now been to a theatrical production, I can appreciate this story even more.

trevor travis
This story completely creeped me out in 1982. A monster that gets into your head is the most scary of all.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Nyssa is as boring as Adric is irritating. As long as Tegan is in it.

Fair comment! Tegan is one of the all time great characters, who isn't as recognised as she would be if she had been the only one at the time. Matthew and Sarah do detract from Janet and Peter sometimes, but the dream scenes here are some of Janet's in the series.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Having now been to a theatrical production, I can appreciate this story even more.

It does have that element, which does indeed stand in its favour.

trevor travis
The BBC Radiophonic score really works for this story....

.... while Adric messes up already Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

This story completely creeped me out in 1982. A monster that gets into your head is the most scary of all.

Watching something at the right age certainly influences how much you appreciate it later on.

Spaceship Dispatcher
The chimes look good, sound good and work well in the plot.

An extra, if minor, good thing... Grin

trevor travis
If you cut open one of the Kinda, would they have a little toy inside?

Spaceship Dispatcher
I wonder if S14 is anywhere near Vortis? Now that would be a great rewatch Happy

trevor travis
Peter Grimwade is the best director of this era. Just look what he does with the scenes inside Tegan's head. That shot of Tegan' eye was done perfectly.

He could handle this and he could also handle Earthshock. Shame he wasn't quite such a good writer!

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

I wonder if S14 is anywhere near Vortis? Now that would be a great rewatch Happy

It would be a solo rewatch Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

If you cut open one of the Kinda, would they have a little toy inside?

hahahaha LOL GrinGrinGrin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Peter Grimwade is the best director of this era. Just look what he does with the scenes inside Tegan's head. That shot of Tegan' eye was done perfectly.

He could handle this and he could also handle Earthshock. Shame he wasn't quite such a good writer!

Yes, he is quite a decent director - although I do find his use of camera angles apart from the effects shots quite poor in this story.

trevor travis
There's almost an Alice In Wonderland feel to be scenes in Tegan's head, with its far out characters.

And the lighting of these scenes of just glorious.... so rare for the eighties era.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.50 seconds
14,634,729 unique visits since 8th January 2014