Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
If the DVD's were repackaged...
wall1885
I would like them to have some decent extras on them.

It's not happening but if it were - what extras would persuade you to buy them a second time around?

I would want 'Making of' documentaries for each series (the 3 that were made & not used are excellent!)

I would like 'Production subtitles' for each episode -as done on the Classic Doctor Who DVD's

New interviews with cast & crew sharing their memories of a particular episode

maybe even a CD ROM with scripts or Production documents

If the Beeb said they would do this but release them as 2 episode DVD's (like the videos were ) would you be happy to buy them?

I think I would - especially if they did extras like charting the shows history & brought it right up to date with features about B7 Media, Big Finish & of course us on here @ Horizon

what are your thoughts & opinions???

JustBrad
The 'Making Of' Docos already exist, it's just that the Beeb didn't include them. http://www.youtub...Qn-iXhepyI

wall1885
JustBrad wrote:

The 'Making Of' Docos already exist, it's just that the Beeb didn't include them. http://www.youtub...Qn-iXhepyI

Yeah I know but I was just saying that I would love to see the DVD's officially re-released but with a lot more effort put into them- 'Those Making Of' docs are wonderful - they really do deserve an official release - I'm just glad that we've all managed to be able to grab decent quality copies off YouTube- I've put mine onto disc but I'm useless with technology & have no Idea how to create a decent quality DVD cover for them, lol

sweevo
I'd slap each series/season onto its own single Blu-ray Disc (Blu-ray doesn't have to be HD - SD content can use the increased storage space).

exterminator
How about some proper digital remastering? The footage can be quite blurred and fuzzy at times, it looks like a VHS tape!

Also, what about getting rid of the matte lines around the spaceship models in Series 4? The "halo" around all the models rather ruins the illusion!
----------------------------------------

"There it is!"

President Solvite
Yes a bit of enhanced clean up (a la Lucas, but without changing the plot) of some fx shots
Cleaned up but not replaced.. or if they were to be CGI enhanced, it would be an optional switch. Again very much like the Doctor Who DVD releases

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Space Chopper
wall1885 wrote:
Yeah I know but I was just saying that I would love to see the DVD's officially re-released but with a lot more effort put into them- 'Those Making Of' docs are wonderful - they really do deserve an official release - I'm just glad that we've all managed to be able to grab decent quality copies off YouTube- I've put mine onto disc but I'm useless with technology & have no Idea how to create a decent quality DVD cover for them, lol

I'd love to be able to do that. How do you go about putting them to DVD from Youtube?
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.27 seconds
9,173,924 unique visits since 8th January 2014