Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
GallifreyOne 2014
Peter Anghelides
I hope to meet B7 fans at the GallifreyOne Convention in Los Angeles (14-16 FeCool:
http://www.gallifreyone.com/

Other B7-related guests include:
Gareth Thomas
Colin Baker
Dominic Glynn
Mark Oliver
Richard Franklin
Jason Haigh-Ellery
Peter Anghelides
anghelides.org

JannaKalderash
Why are the good B7 conventions all the way over in LA, or the UK, where I can't go?

I remember back in the 80's before the unions got involved, all of the Creation Conventions that would take place at the Penta Hotel in NYC, on 34th street and 7th avenue.

The line to get in would stretch around the block! Especially the ones in the summer and the one for Thanksgiving! Those were great times. I was on the mailing list for Creation and would get a free pass whenever there was a con scheduled.

Then the unions started getting all grabby, and Creation moved out to LA!

That was when my B7 obsession went by the wayside, although I did pick up some really GOOD fanzines from the dealer's room.

BradPaula
I can't talk for New York cons, but Creation Cons in general were professionally run and their main aim was to get the attendees money and the heck with anything else. I've been to two and they were badly run and nothing like a good old fan run con. Just for reference, I've attended over 15 cons both here (USA) and in the UK.

Gallifrey One is the sister convention to the one we attend each year, TARDIS con, outside of Chicago. In the old days, it was Vision's con and they would have guests from many programs- Doctor Who, Blake's 7, Forever Knight, Red Dwarf, Babylon 5 and Robin of Sherwood. The newer incarnation, TARDIS con, is a Doctor Who convention only but as avid Blake's 7 fans, we still attend and always wear our Blake's 7 t-shirts, badges and of course, Horizon pins. We are unapologetic but always try and represent our fandom and fan club with honor. We actually got a Doctor Who fan to join our club last year- so we do make small progress!

Last year had four Doctors- Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann, plus a whole gang of companions. This year we have Billie Piper, Camille Coduri and three of the Troughton companions. We also always have a Big Finish presence- this year Jason Haigh-Ellery and Nicholas Briggs. The only Blake's 7 presence this year will be Mat Irvine, BBC special effects and model maker. We are looking forward to meeting him again.

If you are interested in a Chicago con, then check out the link below:

www.chicagotardis... or check them out on Facebook.

The only other option for a Blake's 7 convention is to stay tuned here for word if we are to have another Return to Gauda Prime convention. The last two were a blast, having most of the hard-core fans attending and having first, Gareth Thomas, Michael Keating, surprise guest Steven Greif, and Big Finish as guests, and the second con having Mat Irvine as guest, along with artist Damien May and with both- a Horizon table. Of course, these are all in the UK, but we are from the States and we've attended both and will gladly attend another RTGP. So- perhaps I cannot help you with a local convention in your area, but at least you have found your way to Horizon and are accepted and welcome here!

You may like to check out the Return to Gauda Prime threads on this Forum for photos and reviews of the day.

In the Fan Activity-B7 thread, on the Forum, check out Return to Gauda Prime Oct. 2011 and B7 Fan Event, Sunday 13th April, 2014.

Also in the Articles section on the left side of the Home page listing, check out Articles, then General Articles, Return to Gauda Prime 2 for photos and reviews of our little con. Or click here -Paula

Edited to add links
Edited by Travisina on 19 September 2014 08:32:56
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
I used to love the fan-run cons. I went to four in the USA - DSV2, Orbit, Gambit (all in New Jersey) and one of the Chicago Scorpios.

Here in the UK there were the regular Space City and Who's 7s conventions, and of course Deliverance, Horizon's 20th Anniversary convention in '98, with more guests than you can shake a graphite writing stick at

But that was then and this is now... hopefully there will be another RTGP before too long, because I missed the previous two!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.23 seconds
9,177,252 unique visits since 8th January 2014