Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 918
· Newest Rebel: Wooks63

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rating the episodes
meegat39
Here's how I currently rate the episodes:

A1. The Way Back 10
A2. Space Fall 10
A3. Cygnus Alpha 8
A5. The Web 8
A6. Seek-Locate-Destroy 9
A4. Time Squad 7
A7. Mission To Destiny 9
A8. Duel 9
A9. Project Avalon 9
A10. Breakdown 8
A11. Bounty 6
A12. Deliverance 9
A13. Orac 8

B1. Redemption 9
B2. Shadow 10
B3. Weapon 8
B4. Horizon 9
B5. Pressure Point 9
B6. Trial 7
B7. Killer 9
B8. Hostage 7
B9. Countdown 10
B10. Voice From The Past 8
B11. Gambit 9
B12. The Keeper 5
B13. Star One 9

C1. Aftermath 10
C2. Powerplay 10
C3. Volcano 5
C4. Dawn Of The Gods 7
C5. The Harvest Of Kairos 8
C6. City At The Edge Of The World 8
C7. Children Of Auron 9
C8. Rumours Of Death 10
C9. Sarcophagus 10
C10. Ultraworld 7
C11. Moloch 8
C12. Death-Watch 10
C13. Terminal 9

D1. Rescue 9
D2. Power 8
D3. Traitor 7
D4. Stardrive 7
D5. Animals 3
D6. Headhunter 8
D7. Assassin 9
D8. Games 7
D9. Sand 10
D10. Gold 10
D11. Orbit 10
D12. Warlord 9
D13. Blake 10
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

trevor travis
Meegat, I see we're both big fans of the closing set of episodes Pfft

Rodney
I've only rated the episodes I've so far written on for my critical guide, but here goes:

The Way Back
Seek-Locate-Destroy
Orac
Redemption
Star One
Aftermath

Space Fall
Time Squad
The Web
Duel
Bounty
Shadow
Horizon
Pressure Point
Trial
Hostage
Countdown
Gambit
Power Play
Dawn of The Gods
The Harvest of Kairos

Cygnus Alpha
Mission to Destiny
Project Avalon
Breakdown
Deliverance
Killer
Volcano

Weapon
Voice from the Past
The Keeper

***** Classic
**** Very good
*** Reasonable
** Poor
* Dire
Vila: Where are all the good guys?
Blake: You could be looking at them.
Avon: What a depressing thought!

Phibian
I just began a re-watch yesterday after about a decade of not watching any episodes at all. So far I'm at this:

A1. The Way Back 8 (I'd previously rated this as a 5)
A2. Space Fall 9 (I'd previously rated this as a 4)
A3. Cygnus Alpha 9 (I'd previously rated this as a 7)
A4. Time Squad 6 (I'd previously rated this as a 6)
A5. The Web 10 (I'd previously rated this as a 8)
A6. Seek-Locate-Destroy 9 (I'd previously rated this as a 4)
A7. Mission To Destiny 10 (I'd previously rated this as a 7)
A8. Duel 10 (I'd previously rated this as a 8)
A9. Project Avalon 9 (I'd previously rated this as a 4)

So far season 1 (one which I never really enjoyed that much, feeling it took far too long to find it's feet) is massively impressing me in tone, characterisation, intent and sheer enjoyability!!

So glad to be back in the mode of watching the series!

ScorpioSurvivor81
Series One:
1. The Way Back 10/10
2. Spacefall 7/10
3. Cygnus Alpha 9/10
4. Time Squad 8/10
5. The Web 6.5/10
6. Seek-Locate-Destroy 10/10
7. Mission To Destiny 5/10
8. Duel 10/10
9. Project Avalon 9/10
10. Breakdown 7/10
11. Bounty 5/10
12. Deliverance 9/10
13. Orac 9/10

Series Two:
1. Redemption 6/10
2. Shadow 9/10
3. Weapon 9/10
4. Horizon 5/10
5. Pressure Point 10/10
6. Trial 9/10
7. Killer 7.5/10
8. Hostage 8/10
9. Countdown 9/10
10.Voice From The Past 4/10
11. Gambit 10/10
12. The Keeper 8.5/10
13. Star One 10/10

Series Three:
1. Aftermath 8/10
2. Powerplay 9/10
3. Volcano 6/10
4. Dawn Of The Gods 6/10
5. The Harvest of Kairos 5/10
6. City At The Edge Of The World 10/10
7. Children Of Auron 8/10
8. Rumours Of Death 10/10
9. Sarcophagus 10//10
10.Ultraworld 8/10
11. Moloch 7/10
12. Death Watch 9/10
13. Terminal 9/10 (previously a 6 but I liked it more when I rewatched it)

Series Four:

1. Rescue 10/10
2. Power 8/10
3. Traitor 7/10
4. Star Drive 8/10
5. Animals 9/10 (Sorry, I love it!)
6. Headhunter 8/10
7. Assassin 8/10
8. Games 8/10
9. Sand 10/10
10. Gold 10/10
11. Orbit 10/10
12. Warlord 8/10
13. Blake 10/10
Edited by ScorpioSurvivor81 on 29 August 2016 21:49:51

meegat39
Hi ScorpioSurvivor81 and welcome to the forum! I agree with quite a lot of your scores but I was shocked that you only rated Horizon and Harvest of Kairos as 5/10. I don't know how long you have been a fan or how many times you have seen these episodes, but my experience was that they improved with multiple viewings. Anyway just my opinion...

briggsy1
I watched Harvest of Kairos only yesterday and can assure you that Brian the spider definitely doesn't improve on repeated viewing - in fact it distracts from what is otherwise quite a good episode.

ScorpioSurvivor81
meegat39 wrote:

Hi ScorpioSurvivor81 and welcome to the forum! I agree with quite a lot of your scores but I was shocked that you only rated Horizon and Harvest of Kairos as 5/10. I don't know how long you have been a fan or how many times you have seen these episodes, but my experience was that they improved with multiple viewings. Anyway just my opinion...

Thank you for such a warm welcome. I've been a fan for three years and have seen both "Horizon" and "Harvest of Kairos" twice and each time I've found them to be a bit of a struggle to get through. I'd like to know what you enjoyed about them.

Anniew
I'd like to know what you enjoyed about them.

It helps a lot if you fancy Avon but I do take delight in Travis 11 and ' the word' and 'Crimmos' and Jenna's face when Blake kisses Inga. Also Avon in a net and his inexplicable 'leave me' when he only has a small arm wound. ( a moment which launched a thousand ships) I also love Ro's performance. In Harvest ...well I'd defend it to the hilt ( and have at length) but in short form I adore the Sophron, Jarvik cave manning Servalan, the curly straws, the look on Paul Darrow's face when the ant thingy arrives - the humbling of Tarrant. None of them good reasons...very, very bad reasons
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

ScorpioSurvivor81
Anniew wrote:

I'd like to know what you enjoyed about them.

It helps a lot if you fancy Avon but I do take delight in Travis 11 and ' the word' and 'Crimmos' and Jenna's face when Blake kisses Inga. Also Avon in a net and his inexplicable 'leave me' when he only has a small arm wound. ( a moment which launched a thousand ships) I also love Ro's performance. In Harvest ...well I'd defend it to the hilt ( and have at length) but in short form I adore the Sophron, Jarvik cave manning Servalan, the curly straws, the look on Paul Darrow's face when the ant thingy arrives - the humbling of Tarrant. None of them good reasons...very, very bad reasons

I love "Hostage", it was "Horizon" I said I didn't like.
I'm seeing a few Brian Croucher Travis fans around lately which is very pleasing as I really like him myself.
Ben Steed's other two episodes are really quite good but Harvest just doesn't click with me for some reason.

Angry Angel
I enjoy the political elements of Horizon, watching Ro start to doubt all the the things the Kommissar has been telling him as he starts to listen to Blake and Cally.

Harvest of Kairos is a pantomime of an episode, great fun, especially Servalan's performance.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
JustBrad
Angry Angel wrote:

I enjoy the political elements of Horizon, watching Ro start to doubt all the the things the Kommissar has been telling him as he starts to listen to Blake and Cally.

Harvest of Kairos is a pantomime of an episode, great fun, especially Servalan's performance.

Agreed, but a good Panto every now and then is not a bad thing. I can almost hear Tarrant and Avon talking about the Sopron and diving into a hearty round of 'Oh no it isn't, Oh yes it is...'

Re Horizon, my take is that Ro always had his suspicions, what he lacked was courage, confidence, and conviction. Three things Blake is good at inspiring.

Mistletoe12
Horizon has everything! Avon saving the day and the manner in which he saves the day. His interactions with Orac. The entire exchange in the teleport bay starting with schooling Cally: "You don't feel it - you reason it," through to his threatening glare aimed at Vila, playing with the controls, and responding to Vila, Gan and Cally in turn with his iconic "I'm not going" speech.

I love the political intrigue. Ro reluctantly facing the truth. Selma’s steadfast defiance against the Federation. The episode highlights what the Federation are willing to sacrifice in order to expand.

Blake's jealousy re: Avon saving the day. Avon's realisation (not that he would admit it) that he needs the others.

I never tire of watching Horizon!

Anniew
Goodness I'm getting old. I conflated the two episodes!!! I have to say I much prefer Horizon to Hostage.

President Solvite
I quite enjoy Hostage Smile

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Travisina
Mistletoe12 wrote:

Horizon has everything!...I never tire of watching Horizon!

What Mistletoe says. Eloquently put, and I completely agree!

Don't much like 'Hostage'. Not overly fussed about that chaste kiss (and although inadvisable, it's not incest) but the line 'The girl, regretfully, dies' makes my teeth itch - it should have be regrettably, not regretfully!

Signed,
A Pedantic Editor
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Anniew
'The girl, regretfully, dies'

Well I bet Inga would have regretted it if Travis had killed her!

President Solvite
I'd have regretted it too..

She's a bit of alright is Inga Grin

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Angry Angel
JustBrad wrote:

Angry Angel wrote:

Agreed, but a good Panto every now and then is not a bad thing. I can almost hear Tarrant and Avon talking about the Sopron and diving into a hearty round of 'Oh no it isn't, Oh yes it is...'

Re Horizon, my take is that Ro always had his suspicions, what he lacked was courage, confidence, and conviction. Three things Blake is good at inspiring.

Oh yes, Kairos, or 'Carry On Captain Shad' is done wirth gusto, so it's very ejoyable.

I think you've got a very good point about Ro.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
meegat39
ScorpioSurvivor81 wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Thank you for such a warm welcome. I've been a fan for three years and have seen both "Horizon" and "Harvest of Kairos" twice and each time I've found them to be a bit of a struggle to get through. I'd like to know what you enjoyed about them.

Sorry for the late reply! I love Horizon because Avon tries to talk himself into leaving and fails... he then shoots a load of federation troopers before narrowly missing Blake - a great sequence! I love all the scenes with Ro and the Commisar and the way Cally tells Ro he (the Commisar killed Ro's father himself! Also the dialogue is cracking the whole way through! The more you watch it, the more you like it. As for The Harvest of Kairos I find the interaction between Servalan and Jarvic delicious. Yes it's sexist but Servalan clearly loves the cave man behaviour and it gives me shivers when Servalan says " I should like you to do it again" to Jarvic. Love the whole bluff thing with the Sopron and the lunar module and the way Servie falls for it... I hope that answers your question!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.43 seconds
9,450,597 unique visits since 8th January 2014