Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 16

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Posts losing the correct time of posting
President Solvite
There seem to be occasional issues with time when posting on this board. Which posting, particularly at a busy or popular time (early evening BST, 6-9pm) where posts 'backtrack' about 10 minutes earlier than the time actually posted. This may be due to congestion with data traffic flow on our server.

I think therefore it may be helpful to create a log of these to help diagnose the problem

IE.
Time you ACTUALLY POSTED

Seems to be during the UK early evening slot, but I'm fairly sure its happened at other times of the day too. No doubt data collected here will confirm or dispute this.

Appreciate some data which might help to resolve this problem.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
trevor travis
PS, it has happened at other times of the day as well, I'll let you know the next time it happens. Cool

clareblues1
I know it happened to me the other night during the Ultraworld re-watch...I posted at 7.40pm, but it showed 7.30pm on the thread.

Get ORAC on the case! Or maybe that's the problem?! LOL
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Thanks for setting this up PS, I'll report all occurances I see and hopefully we can find a pattern! Happy
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

President Solvite
No problem, to be useful we do need thread location, times and dates for the data to be meaningful. Smile

On a recent thread I remember posting at 20:44 and it appears as 20:30
I even appears before a post I did 5 minutes earlier!

(Looking for it, a cookie for anyone who finds it before I do! Pfft )
EDIT:
It was the "Adventures with the Wife and Blake" Thread.. It reads okay but the post about good Tarrant episodes should actually appear later. (pg 36 i think!)

But it does reinforce the theory about the problematic issues happening during an evening that 7-9PM slot (of course there might be other spacetime warped zones as well!)

EDIT 2:
Brad reports a time issue in a thread at 3AM GMT

Am curious if any other of our friends across the water or at the bottom of the world have noticed anything strange in this time frame?
Edited by President Solvite on 03 July 2014 14:16:10

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Thanks for setting this up PS, I'll report all occurances I see and hopefully we can find a pattern! Happy

I wonder if the pattern will reveal the location of Star One. Or maybe it will give us the ingredients to Cally's Veggie Chilli Auron Burgers. Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
This applies to logging out times too by the way - often I see people online and then when they log out the counter at the bottom of the main page says they were last online 6 or 7 minutes ago! Sometimes the site shows someone having logged out 5 minutes before their latest post...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

President Solvite
Hmm maybe we shouldn't see time as a linear progression but instead see it as more kind of timey-wimey *hand gestures* kind of flow.. Pfft

Spaceship Dispatcher
LOL Grin

Lurena
I had difficulty to log in last night, about 1.15 am UK time.
The site was very slow and I could not access the thread about Ghibli by sweevo. I tried to log out, but it didn't work. On the counter at the bottom of the page it said I was logged out 7 minutes ago! But I was still logged in.
I logged out again and the site took 4 minutes to log me out.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Travisina
Thanks for letting us know, Lurena - and sorry you were having problems. We're collecting all this information to try and build up an accurate picture of what's going on with the server, and it was useful to know about your issues with logging in and out.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

trevor travis
Perfect example here:

http://www.blakes...post_17595

Location - somewhere near either Star One or Oxford, or you could follow the link above (no not a furry Link from Terminal).
Time posted - it says 12.55
Time you ACTUALLY POSTED - but actually posted at 13.07

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
President Solvite wrote:

Hmm maybe we shouldn't see time as a linear progression but instead see it as more kind of timey-wimey *hand gestures* kind of flow.. Pfft

Sally Sparrow: Started well, that sentence.

The Doctor: [on video] It got away from me, yeah.

Sally Sparrow: OK that was weird, you're talking like you can hear me.

The Doctor: [on video] Well I can hear you.

Sally Sparrow: [turns off TV] OK, that's enough of that!
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Tyce
I don't know if I should post this hear or start a new thread, it's half a posts getting the wrong time problem and half posts not appearing at all. It's mostly a problem during rewatches. I'm wondering if it's an idea to find a free Instant chat program on the web to use for the rewatches. We could organise the rewatches on Horizon and then switch to the Instant Chat program at the time of the rewatch. Anyway just a thought, I would be interested in hearing the Admins thoughts on this suggestion. :-)

Spaceship Dispatcher
Hi Tyce,

the admins are working with the host server to try and rectify the problem, but it may take some time so all we can do is continue to ask everyone to be patient and keep soldiering on! Travisina is unable to post for a day or so, otherwise I would leave her to reply herself as an Admin; and the idea of a chatroom has been mentioned but I believe it might not be possible with the current software. Sorry for the vagueness, and I'm sure those better qualified will reply more fully when they are able, but everything you raise has definately been on the agenda...

SD

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.48 seconds
9,790,264 unique visits since 8th January 2014