Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 925
· Newest Rebel: uazdah

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Dr Who
Spaceship Dispatcher
This is basically Charlier Hungerford in period costume Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
Trevor Travis banned at 2005, rewatch continued on Facebook
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher
That reprise was a cheat... it had extra scenes Mind you, I always find that a homage to the old 1930s film serials (Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, etc) when they always dd that.

Always a bit of a cheat...

Spaceship Dispatcher
This season inspired new Who... we've got two famous historical figures in it...

Yes, the way the new series uses historical characters and gives them a good share of the action is a big plus point - this story was one of the best examples in later classic Who...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

So the Master says that if the Rani didn't make mistakes she would still be on Gallifrey - so does that mean he sees his renegade life as second best to living on the home world? A different view to the Doctor...

TT replied:
Think the Master would be bored out of his brain at Galifrey.... nowhere to carry out his crackpot schemes.

Oops

Spaceship Dispatcher
The Rani's TARDIS is a bit swish

More good set design...

Spaceship Dispatcher
The Rani and the Master appear to be holding a stack of circular cans...

Power of the Daleks perhaps?? Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Peri's main concern is having to wear a skirt. She wants the hot pants back. So do I Grin

Oh no!! Not the awful pants!!

I guess you had to be a certain age in the 80s to appreciate them...

Maybe GrinGrin

Oops

Spaceship Dispatcher
So the Master says that if the Rani didn't make mistakes she would still be on Gallifrey - so does that mean he sees his renegade life as second best to living on the home world? A different view to the Doctor...

Spaceship Dispatcher
The little T-Rex embryo is nicely done.

Not quite Primeval or Jurassic Park though...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Peri saved by a fake tree Grin

The only truly awful scene/effect of s22...

That really does look silly.... and nearly as dodgy as Erato's phallic pertrubance. Grin

Oops

Spaceship Dispatcher
It's actually the Master's best story for a while... he's been saddled with rubbish like Time-Flight and the King's Demons, and evenPlaent Of Fire is patchy.

What would you say is the best Ainley Master story?

Survival

Yes, good choice.

Spaceship Dispatcher
"What exactly do you do in there?" "Argue mainly" GrinGrin

That question would be answered with a different spin these days...

Travisina
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Trevor Travis banned at 2005, rewatch continued on Facebook

TT reinstated at 6.00 this morning - I was out last night, sorry.

The fact that posts were going upstream, even though there were only two of you posting, seems to indicate what we suspect, that it's the collision of posts arriving simultaneously, rather than the number of people taking part. Have a look at around 19.17 - 19.20, there are three or more posts per minute, all with the same time stamp. Try to leave at least a minute between posts, guys? Also, it seems that the time stamp isn't the moment you press 'post reply', it's when you start typing the reply.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Spaceship Dispatcher
The time stamps are all wrong though Travisina! Those are not the actual post times, but are times up to ten or fifteen minutes earlier than was actually the case. The server seems to get stuck on a time, say 10 minutes in the past, and everything you type for the next five or ten minutes gets stamped with that same time. If you watch the episodes with a schedule in your hand of when those comments were made, you will be waiting a long time into the story to find out what we were talking about after reading the posts. There was very little conversation in reality until about 7.25 as I recall.
Edited by Travisina on 03 July 2014 17:51:07

President Solvite
There seem to be occasional issues with time. Which may coincide with peak traffic flow with our fellow server issues.

It may be helpful to create a log of these to help diagnose the problem

IE.
Post link
Time posted
Time you ACTUALLY POSTED

Seems to be during the UK early evening slot, but I'm fairly sure its happened at other times of the day too.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
trevor travis
Travisina wrote:
TT reinstated at 6.00 this morning - I was out last night, sorry.

The fact that posts were going upstream, even though there were only two of you posting, seems to indicate what we suspect, that it's the collision of posts arriving simultaneously, rather than the number of people taking part. Have a look at around 19.17 - 19.20, there are three or more posts per minute, all with the same time stamp. Try to leave at least a minute between posts, guys? Also, it seems that the time stamp isn't the moment you press 'post reply', it's when you start typing the reply.

Cheers Travisina. Cool

The forum was particulary bad last night for whatever reason, SD's posts all went to Page 1, it was rather confusing at times! Ironcially I was banned just as we re-started the second episode, so I don't think I'd posted immediately before this. I did have to post several times on a number of occasions before anything appeared, I wonder if one of these was floating around and collided when I pressed "post reply".

Spaceship Dispatcher
Yes indeed TT - you hadn't even been posting for about 5 minutes when you were suspended as we were between episodes...

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.54 seconds
9,890,271 unique visits since 8th January 2014