Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
New Horizon Poll
Travisina
VILA: Where are all the good guys?
BLAKE: You could be looking at them.
AVON: What a very depressing thought.

So who is your favourite B7 main character? Choose from the list, or select 'Other' for another main character, eg one of the computers. No guest characters please, and crew members only - so no sneaky voting for Servalan or Travis!

Vote in the Horizon poll in the left-hand panel, and discuss your choice here
Edited by Travisina on 30 June 2014 12:34:49
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

trevor travis
I've voted Vila.

I normally vote Avon, but he's a bit of a git at times, well OK most of the time, whereas Vila is a good bloke.

Vote Vila - let's stop Avon winning for once Grin

Travisina
I voted Vila, because I always vote Vila - he's my favourite character. Smile

meegat39
I've voted Avon. He's the smartest, wittiest, handsomest and cutest. My second choice would be Soolin. She is both stunning and smart, a shame we didn't see more of her (character I mean).
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

trevor travis
meegat39 wrote:I've voted Avon. He's the smartest, wittiest, handsomest and cutest.

But he's also frequently a git, and makes two huge errors in Terminal and Blake, leading to destruction and death both times. Everything he accused Blake of, he was eventually guilty of himself.

Vote Vila Grin Grin

BradPaula
I voted for Vila for all of Trevor Travis's reasons. Great minds think alike, and then there are our warped bits of grey matter! Cheers, TT. -PaulaAngry
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

meegat39
trevor travis wrote:But he's also frequently a git, and makes two huge errors in Terminal and Blake, leading to destruction and death both times. Everything he accused Blake of, he was eventually guilty of himself.

Vote Vila Grin Grin

He's also frequently a hero! Blake was also a git when he felt like it.
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Travisina
meegat39 wrote:

He's also frequently a hero! Blake was also a git when he felt like it.

Blake was also a git when he DIDN'T feel like it, eg in 'Voice from the Past' Shock

Blake was deeply flawed, but it's the flaws in each of the characters that makes them so fascinating, that's the joy of B7. If Avon had been heroic all the way through, he'd have been quite a dull, predictable character. If Vila had been 'clever and brave' throughout the series, 'City' would have been a nothing special episode. The fact that they all have different motivations and sometimes do the right thing for the wrong reasons (and vice versa) is what keeps us watching - and fuels our discussions!

For what it's worth, Meegat - I agree that Avon was the most handsome of the men, and the cleverest. But I still like Vila best Smile

Lentila
I voted for Vila. He's the least violent of the characters, has some brilliant lines, and is possibly the most complicated and mysterious member of the crew. Despite this, his aspirations seem to be (mostly) quite modest and everyday and human - and that's easy to identify with. On the other hand, someone deeply selfish and ruthless could be lurking under that affable façade. I find that interesting.

Spaceship Dispatcher
My favourite series actor might be Michael Keating, but Avon is still my favourite character Happy
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
meegat39 wrote:
Blake was also a git when he felt like it.

Oh, I agree. Blake is a git. Probably an even bigger git than Avon. Blake tries to justify totally unjustifiable actions. At least Avon is usually honest about his gittiness!

Of course, it’s one of the reasons we love B7, the flaws in the characters. Blake is a git, Avon is a git, Travis is a git and Servalan is a complete psychopath (although she is the sexiest psychopath in the galaxy!!). But Blake is sometimes the hero, Avon is sometimes the hero, etc, etc.

Vila is great, though. He’s not even a coward – that’s just a show. Vila is the everyman of the Liberator crew.

Vote Vila!!!PfftPfftPfft

littlesue
meegat39 wrote:

I've voted Avon. He's the smartest, wittiest, handsomest and cutest. My second choice would be Soolin. She is both stunning and smart, a shame we didn't see more of her (character I mean).

I've voted for the same as Meegat and for the same reasons...and I'm sure TT agrees with the sentiments about not seeing more of Soolin in DerekGrin
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

trevor travis
littlesue wrote:
I've voted for the same as Meegat and for the same reasons...and I'm sure TT agrees with the sentiments about not seeing more of Soolin in DerekGrin

I have the original unedited master of "Power"... complete with shower scene. So I see enough of Soolin in Derek Grin

Vote Vila PfftPfftPfft

trevor travis
I notice that Vila & Avon are currently tied, while one person was feeling sorry for Blake and voted for him. Probably his mum Grin

Angry Angel
I can't decide. It's a three way tie for me - Tarrant, for shallow reasons (he's handsome and charming) and because I like his reasonably straightforward heroic/chivalric character. Vila, because he's the one it's easiest to identify with, and he does get a lot of funny Lines. And Blake, because he is a really interesting protagonist, he really drives the plot in s1 and s2, I appreciate what he's trying to do, and the frustrations of trying to achieve that, and he also gets some really good lines.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Lurena
Blake’s 7 is the favourite show of mine and all of its characters are strong, so it ought to be difficult to choose. I am very fond of the Vila character, a brilliant role by Michael Keating, but I even like Gan, who could have been developed interesting if the creators had been given more time. Cally was designed a very interesting concept of which I had high expectations at first watching. It was a brilliant decision to have Servalan portrayed by a female actor, especially by Jacqueline Pearce. And I can go on…

But here I have to vote for one character in particular.

I’ll try to explain:

Watching at first airing (1979 in my country, at adult age) I very soon got a soft spot for Kerr Avon, but being kind of a geek, my favourite character, as soon as it was introduced, was portable super computer Orac! (!at that time portable computers were just a dream!)
The subsequent combination of Orac and Avon became the pinnacle of entertainment for me.

Then my life experiences started to highlight ( and love, if you insist) Avon, the survivor, brilliant scientist, forced to be involved in dark events, full of wit, heroic, honest and loyal behind his mysterious mask of self-interest.

He had the role of being anti-hero, the cynic bastard, but like all (except Zen) the original Blake’s 7 crew, who started off being convicted a crime ( even Cally was convicted rebel activist by Auron Justice) he gained the audience’s empathy. He already had mine, but got a bit more.

The Avon character has been a wonderful support for my ill child to survive a severe illness. (brain tumor) and has been/still is a fabulous subject for me to distract from daily life and to dream of.
Yes, some dreams are worth having!

Avon, if you take a good look at him, is hard to define. One can take different views on him.

If you like the hard, cool and selfish bastard, you will find it.

If you want to see him being cautious, hiding his emotions and true nature, not wanting to kill unnecessary (he only does when there is threat and there is no other choice), caring, being able to love, you will find it.

Can you understand why I vote for Avon?
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Spaceship Dispatcher
Travisina wrote:

So who is your favourite B7 main character? Choose from the list, or select 'Other' for another main character, eg one of the computers. No guest characters please, and heroes only - so no sneaky voting for Servalan or Travis!

Good point raised in your edit Travisina - that its basically a 'favourite crew member' poll rather than overall fave character; all being well a favourite Federation/villain character poll will follow in the fullness of time as they say...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
I always find Travis more heroic than Blake, though Grin

In particular, Travis is portrayed as the hero figure in both "Trial" and "Gambit". Or am I watching those episodes wrong ? Wink

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

I always find Travis more heroic than Blake, though Grin

In particular, Travis is portrayed as the hero figure in both "Trial" and "Gambit". Or am I watching those episodes wrong ? Wink

"Oh yes, I'm a hero too" (Travis in Gambit)

So for even further clarity, I have re-edited the edited opening post so that it reads CREW MEMBERS rather than HEROES (per SD's suggestion above). Happy, now?

BTW, Og was never a crew member, but it does look as though Del Grant will be in the not too distant future!

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:
Happy, now?

Very happy. Well apart from maybe...

Travisina wrote:
BTW, Og was never a crew member

But isn’t Og a crew member of Og’s 7, along with the Sopron and the Hugbot? Grin

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.46 seconds
9,938,794 unique visits since 8th January 2014