Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 16

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
READ ME - Important! 'Quotes' & 'Sigs'
President Solvite
Following some recent issues, a few code of conduct and guidance articles have been written,
one for the quoting of posts.

http://www.blakes...icle_id=53

The second article is details some constraints for maximum account signature size, extent and content

http://www.blakes...icle_id=52

Please do take some time to read, take note and adjust your profile settings if needed.
As with anything on Horizon, if there any questions on these elements after reading these articles, then contact a member of staff or post here on this thread.

Thanks for reading!

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Lurena
Hi President Solvite,
Can you tell me please if my signature exceeds the limit? I think it is.
I will change, or delete the Avon if that pic is too large, or too animated.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
JustBrad
Lurena, your Sig clocks in at 82x99 pixels and 156K with minor animation. I'm willing to stick my neck out and say you're fine.

You can check the parameters of your image by saving it to your desktop (right click on it and select 'Save As'). Then go to your desktop, right click on the image icon, and select 'Properties'
Edited by JustBrad on 29 June 2014 03:42:58

Travisina
Hi Lurena,

As Brad said, your total sig (link, pic and quote) just about fit into the maximum overall size. But you could also consider putting the Avon quote beside the picture instead of underneath it, which would also save space. There's no need to delete it!

Edit: Oops, I stand corrected. Ignore me, and see President Solvite's more detailed explanation below!
Edited by Travisina on 29 June 2014 11:41:03
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

President Solvite
Lurena,

To answer your question.. Your signature is NOT compliant to the rule specified. (ie maximum height in pixels) The animation and file size is minor so on those issue it complies. (Sorry, Mod'thra! to contradict you!)

(I will check my text, to see if there is some ambiguity in the constraints)

To make it compliant you would need to put the text next to the image to keep it within the constraints specified. IE. Signature is no more than 100 pixels total height. You are close though, but a slight tweak is all that is required to bring it into line. Perhaps compare your sig to a Mod's to get an idea. (mine is only about 80px high) but the limit should be around 100 (will be tolerant with the odd pixel so 101-102px will be fine)

You can keep your Avon picture, if he doesn't mind sharing a horizontal line on screen with his memorable quote, I think
Alternatively we could scale the image down a touch, but I don't think it is necessary if we do the former.

Thanks for asking though, proves that these articles do get read! Give me (or another staff member a shout) should you require anymore assistance Grin
Edited by President Solvite on 29 June 2014 11:47:15

Lorna
I am really glad that the issue of multiple quotes has been tackled. I for one found it very annoying. So hopefully we will have a tidier forum. Angry

trevor travis
Apologies, as I think I was a little guilty on the quote front, so I'll be more careful from now on - especially when getting involved in weighty discussions with Henry.

I won't do it again.... please don't ship me off to Cygnus Shock Wink And if you do ship me to Cygnus, can I share a room with the blonde Grin
Edited by trevor travis on 29 June 2014 14:00:07

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

I won't do it again.... please don't ship me off to Cygnus Shock Wink And if you do ship me to Cygnus, can I share a room with the blonde Grin

Deportation was costing too much in transportation, so its just solitary confinement with Voice From the Past playing on continuous repeat for the duration of the sentence these days; its more humane. Allegedly.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Lurena
Thank you all for the replies.
I've corrected my signature; the Avon quote sits besides his picture now. Can you confirm this is fine now?
(I tend to change pictures in my signature from time to time and I will take the rule in account. Please correct me when I forget about it and another one doesn't comply)

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
Deportation was costing too much in transportation, so its just solitary confinement with Voice From the Past playing on continuous repeat for the duration of the sentence these days; its more humane. Allegedly.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shock Pfft

President Solvite
@ Lurena that seems fine now. Thankyou for taking the time to edit the sig.

Have a choccie chip cookie Grin

Lurena
President Solvite wrote:

Have a choccie chip cookie Grin

Yummy!

Space Chopper
It seems my banner was oversized, but it's been scaled to fit. I'll re-scale any future banners to the correct size.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

JustBrad
Space Chopper wrote:

It seems my banner was oversized, but it's been scaled to fit. I'll re-scale any future banners to the correct size.

Thanks for understanding, Space Chopper. These new rules are here to keep the board running as smoothly as possible. Have a cookie. i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/cookie_zps76a86820.jpg

Treeko
trevor travis wrote:

Apologies, as I think I was a little guilty on the quote front *snip*

Ah, yes, the quote pyramids... Sorry about that as I too used to have a habit of creating them back on the old forum.
Maguffin!
Sad points: 1
Total Discworld book count: 21
Current book being read: The Two Towers
Current strategy game: Third Age Total War

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.53 seconds
9,862,711 unique visits since 8th January 2014