Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Winspit Quarry location visit Sat 10 May
clareblues1
Hi folks, just getting the chat going again for this outing...

Meegat?, Spaceship Dispatcher, Trevor Travis, RichardWho, clareblues1, clanger68 & Karyn?, Hugbot + Carol (astrogirl)... *Pls put your name down if I've forgotten anyone*

I've just booked my B&B for the Friday night so I'll be down and safe.

We'll need to start the walk to the quarry at about 10.30am I'm afraid as it takes about 35-40 mins to reach it from the village of Worth Matravers...it's best part of 3 miles in distance and it's all uphill on the return journey. Otherwise we won't get back in reasonable time for lunch.

http://www.thesco...m/eat.html

*EDIT* to update names list...
Edited by clareblues1 on 14 April 2014 15:57:43

RichardMk2
Hi Clare,

I shall be there. I was RichardWho but as the site won't recognise my user name or e-mail I've had to re-register.

Richard

clareblues1
RichardMk2 wrote:

Hi Clare,

I shall be there. I was RichardWho but as the site won't recognise my user name or e-mail I've had to re-register.

Richard

Thanks Richard...will have to remember that Smile

clanger68
Still hoping Karyn and I will be coming along.

If the South coast keeps getting battered the way it is I think we need to see this location sooner rather than later!
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
clareblues1
LOL I know...hopefully it won't get washed away though...

Hope you can join us, will be great to have you on the 'expedition' Smile
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Getting back in time for lunch is indeed an important consideration!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

clareblues1
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Getting back in time for lunch is indeed an important consideration!

It is with the way my stomach growls...LOL

Hugbot
There is a slight possibility that I may be in merry old England on the weekend in question. Is it still possible to join the crowd on the Winspit Quarry outing? Would be great to meet some of you folks!

Spaceresearcher
Man would I like to go.

Please take lot's of photos and share them with all of us. The last visit looked fantastic. It's really something to know that a lot of these locations are still there for all to see.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Have just booked my room for the Friday and Saturday evening Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

President Solvite
Unfortunately the Solvite clan wont be now present (much though I would love to go)

One reason is I am likely to be in Copenhagen at the time (or flying out there)

But will be there for RTGP Part Deux in April.. Looking forward to that!

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
meegat39
I'm not sure we will be coming to this now. We've just booked a holiday in Swanage for Easter, right next to Winspit, so I imagine we will visit it then ... however, you never know!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

clareblues1
Hugbot wrote:

There is a slight possibility that I may be in merry old England on the weekend in question. Is it still possible to join the crowd on the Winspit Quarry outing? Would be great to meet some of you folks!

Yes, certainly, the outing is open to all Smile

clareblues1
President Solvite wrote:

Unfortunately the Solvite clan wont be now present (much though I would love to go)

One reason is I am likely to be in Copenhagen at the time (or flying out there)

But will be there for RTGP Part Deux in April.. Looking forward to that!

Hi PS....sorry to hear you're no longer able to pay a visit to Mecron...will have to see about visiting Quex Park later in the year, so fingers crossed you may be able to come to that one instead Smile

clareblues1

Have just booked my room for the Friday and Saturday evening Grin

I've got a B&B booked for the Friday night, will drive back on the Saturday...

clareblues1
meegat39 wrote:

I'm not sure we will be coming to this now. We've just booked a holiday in Swanage for Easter, right next to Winspit, so I imagine we will visit it then ... however, you never know!

Smile ok, well nearer the time, just let me know, no problem.

trevor travis
I'm planning to come down on the day, meet up with SD at his hotel, and then we'll head to Mecron Grin

Hugbot
The die is cast. I've just booked my holiday in Swanage in May, so I will join you in the Mecron expedition!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Hugbot wrote:

The die is cast. I've just booked my holiday in Swanage in May, so I will join you in the Mecron expedition!

Fantastic! See you there* Grin

*and hopefully at RTGP2 of course...

Hugbot

Hugbot wrote:

Fantastic! See you there* Grin

*and hopefully at RTGP2 of course...

Thank you! And, yes, it will be a reunion in May as I am going to attend the Grand Event in April, too.
Funny thing, though. Last year I treated myself to a complete rewatch of All Creatures Great and Small, and I thought to myself: Hey, I haven't been in Britain for a quarter of a century! I should go there on holiday next year ... maybe in Thirsk (= Darrowby).
Then I read about the Horizon activities for this year. It seemed to be out of the question that I would have time for a short trip to Steventon in April, so I settled for the next best, i. e. the Winspit outing as part of a longer holiday in the area. And now suddenly I'm able to attend both events.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.63 seconds
9,168,470 unique visits since 8th January 2014