Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 908
· Newest Rebel: TheElfandherFriends

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Welcome Back!
Travisina
Hi All,

It's been a bit of a stressful day, to say the least. Website Mutoid has worked her socks off to bring you this brand new version of our website. It will take a few days to restore normal services and as much previous content as we were able to save. Thank you for your patience.

There's lots of exciting news, cast & crew interviews and articles in the pipeline, so stay tuned and watch this space!

President Solvite
Applauds WM... I had a few problems logging in, but that's probably more due to my fried brain after a long day.

Will do my best to restore what needs to be restored! Grin

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Angry Angel
Good job WM, like the new look!

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Cygnus-K
Well done WM! I like this new look too!
"Take me up the sky ways
Show me what you've seen
I want to cruise the universe
In your super space machine"

Hawkwind / Nuclear Drive

Lorna
I like the new look. Well done everybody!!

Spaceship Dispatcher
One thing I did notice yesterday was that when you post after yourself, the new post gets automatically added to the previous post as a modification. Can this setting be changed please? There's a couple of reasons why its good to be able to post multiple times without reply:

#sometimes you want to bump a thread, perhaps for a product or a meet - and perhaps you're the only one who knows anything new about it for a certain time (like Clare organising location visits)
#it might be a thread that's one person's experiences of something (like TT's reviews of Survivors or GC's Gift of B7) and you would end up with the whole thread fitted into one post which would never be on the active threads list
#rewatches. Sometimes you will post several unrelated comments about an episode while others are just watching the show and reading what you say until they have a comment of their own.

If this setting could be changed it would be great. Many thanks, SD

Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Website Mutoid
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

One thing I did notice yesterday was that when you post after yourself, the new post gets automatically added to the previous post as a modification.

I suspect that this is a software "feature" tied in to both the ability to edit one's own posts and the mod's ability to merge posts. I have not found any setting that allows it to be changed, but it may be possible through changes to code. Looking into it. :)

Supreme Commander
Hello everyone, welcome back to Horizon and my very grateful thanks to Website Mutoid for doing an amazing job, and Travisina & Decima for their tireless efforts, and all our wonderful dedicated Mods for their sterling work on the new site (and the old).

As has been said before, it's going to take a while to get used to and to re-populate the site with content (and of course add LOTS of new content) but we know our community will be supportive and join us on this new adventure.

I will leave you to enjoy exploring, and please continue to give us your feedback so we can continually improve and provide Blake's 7 fans with a happy place to chat, and find out everything they could want to know about our favourite show.

Happy New Year and Happy New Website to you all.

- Diane Wink

MockingbirdGirl
Is there a way to jump to the first unread post in a thread without scrolling down the whole page? I feel I may be missing something obvious...

Angry Angel
If you track the thread (click on text at top right of page) you get emails when there are new posts, and when you click on the link in the email it takes you straight to the first unread post.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Frankymole
What happened to the old forum and all its posts? There was a lot of useful stuff in there. Was it hacked, or just deleted?

Website Mutoid
Frankymole wrote:

What happened to the old forum and all its posts? There was a lot of useful stuff in there. Was it hacked, or just deleted?

There was a scheduled upgrade with a couple of weeks' advance notice posted on the front page so people could secure anything they wanted to keep in case of a problem. The site staff meticulously backed-up all content that it was possible to easily restore, but we knew if there was a database issue during the upgrade the forum would be lost. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts that's exactly what happened and we had no choice but to start from scratch. We did everything we could to maintain the integrity of the data, but... :S

So, yeah. That's what happened, and we do apologise for the inconvenience.

Frankymole
Please pardon my ignorance, but isn't it standard practice to only shut down an old site once the new one has been set up (and proven to work / has all the relevant data)?

I'm not criticising anyone, just wondering if it's standard to migrate stuff whilst deleting the old version. Depends on the memory space available, perhaps?

scorpiogirl
yay!! it's good to be back -things sure have changed around here.....

BradPaula
Frankymole wrote:

Please pardon my ignorance, but isn't it standard practice to only shut down an old site once the new one has been set up (and proven to work / has all the relevant data)?

I'm not criticising anyone, just wondering if it's standard to migrate stuff whilst deleting the old version. Depends on the memory space available, perhaps?

In a perfect world, yes, that would be the ideal. Unfortunately that requires obtaining and paying for double the necessary resources for duration of the transition, and this is a non profit, all volunteer site. - Brad
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

President Solvite
BradPaula wrote:

Frankymole wrote:

In a perfect world, yes, that would be the ideal. Unfortunately that requires obtaining and paying for double the necessary resources for duration of the transition, and this is a non profit, all volunteer site. - Brad

Indeed yes I believe we went for a focus on bandwidth and speed. Indeed the new software seems so far to be a big improvement on the old version.

scorpiogirl
having had a nose round the new site,i feel i have to say a massive thanks and well done to all you guys involved in the upgrade - the site looks great although i do miss the black 'n' orange (personal taste -2 of my fave colors) but some great new stuff especially the link to twitter - i cannot for the life of me work it all out so it is very handy to have it all there...i do miss the bouncing laughing smillie - is there any chance of it being restored?
a great job done people - interestied in seeing what is still to come...
the one issue i did have was with registering - my first effort seemed to send but obviously it disappeared somewhere and after waiting patiently for a couple of days, decided to re-register and was sorted out immediately - has anyone else had this happen?
anyway, great to be be back in action again at horizon......withdrawal symptoms are not good..
Smile

President Solvite
Re Colour schemes.

I believe that this board software shell can support different 'skins' (colours).. It may not be a priority at the moment but it might be something that can implemented in future.

scorpiogirl
also just noticed another handy feature - a direct link to all posts that you have made a neat little list....cool indeed....or maybe i missed something on the old forum.....

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
managed to find My Way Back..

will our old profiles be intergrated into our new ones or not??
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.50 seconds
9,106,784 unique visits since 8th January 2014