Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 14

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
All those Dr Who moments that make you go 'AH HAA', that's a Blakes 7 comment or tie in
Joe Dredd
Angry Angel wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

You could perhaps also count Tanith Lee's "Kill the Dead", with it's Bop Ad hero.

What does Bop Ad mean?

Sorry AA, only just saw this. Douglas Adams used to get referred to as Bop Ad by his fans as that's what his signature looks like. The main character in "Kill the Dead" is Parl Dro, a name likewise based on PD's signature.

Frankymole
Joe Dredd wrote:

It's a great design. I wish they'd use it more in nuWho than the other circle things.
Of course it's a great design, it's by the man who designed the (proper) Liberator!

Space Chopper
The latest one is in the recent episode 'Inside The Dalek'. When the Doctor, Clara and the team are put into the nano scanner to be shrunk, they are given clip-on control bracelets to restart the growth process after the mission is completed. The bracelets bear an uncanny resemblance to Liberator teleport bracelets, but are instead painted silver. I found the production drawings on the BBC's Dr Who page.

i.imgur.com/S5CeuNt.jpg
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

meegat39
Space Chopper wrote:

The latest one is in the recent episode 'Inside The Dalek'. When the Doctor, Clara and the team are put into the nano scanner to be shrunk, they are given clip-on control bracelets to restart the growth process after the mission is completed. The bracelets bear an uncanny resemblance to Liberator teleport bracelets, but are instead painted silver. I found the production drawings on the BBC's Dr Who page.

Shame you can't like stuff on here! Great Space Chopper! Grin
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 03 September 2014 08:24:44
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

BradPaula
I also noticed the bracelets in last weeks episode. What is the old BBC doing? Teleport bracelets, and the phrase 'seek, locate, destroy'...homage to our dear program perhaps, or just coincidence? -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Frankymole
In 1979, Terry Nation's Dr Who story "Destiny of the Daleks" had the titular monsters intoning "Seek - Locate - Exterminate - do not deviate".

I think it was Nation having fun with himself.
Edited by Frankymole on 02 September 2014 22:20:47

Ela
I noticed the bracelets and "seek, locate, destroy" too.

rojkerr1
isn't that phrase in the chase/ dalek masterplan too?

Ela
rojkerr1 wrote:

isn't that phrase in the chase/ dalek masterplan too?

I didn't see that exact phrase in transcripts of the dialog of either story.

I was assuming that a Dalek would have said it. If someone else said it, it's possible I blipped over it.

Wolfwoman
There's that feather wrap Servalan wears in Weapon, I believe, and Romana I wears in one of the Key to Time episodes.

JustBrad
Gareth Thomas tells this story:

He was working on Blake when Tom Baker was the fourth Doctor. Blake and The Doctor spent a lot of time walking down corridors. Both wanted a scene in which the two characters pass each other headed in opposite directions.3

Hello, Blake.
Hello, Doctor

And that's it, they both keep going, no other explanation. This scene would appear in both shows on the same week, but of course, the BBC never even considered it.

Ela
Wolfwoman wrote:

There's that feather wrap Servalan wears in Weapon, I believe, and Romana I wears in one of the Key to Time episodes.

She does. I don't know if it's the same one, but I wouldn't be surprised.

JannaKalderash
Space Chopper wrote:

i.imgur.com/S5CeuNt.jpg

Not to mention they FIT better than the classic bracelets!

Wolfwoman
Look at the bracelet in the trailer for The Caretaker--that big pink button!

JannaKalderash
The trailer was too short to really see any detail.

Angry Angel
Joe Dredd wrote:

Angry Angel wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

You could perhaps also count Tanith Lee's "Kill the Dead", with it's Bop Ad hero.

What does Bop Ad mean?

Sorry AA, only just saw this. Douglas Adams used to get referred to as Bop Ad by his fans as that's what his signature looks like. The main character in "Kill the Dead" is Parl Dro, a name likewise based on PD's signature.

Thanks for the clarification! Maybe it's evolved, but I've always thought PD's autograph looks like Pal Dunn.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Frankymole
. ignore .

Space Chopper
In the recent Mummy On The Orient Express, the B7 teleport sound effect is clearly heard when the train carriage unmasks as a laboratory.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

blencathra
There was a mention of a planet called Obsidian in Mummy on the Orient Express.

Joe Dredd
JustBrad wrote:
Blake and The Doctor spent a lot of time walking down corridors. Both wanted a scene in which the two characters pass each other headed in opposite directions.

Hello, Blake.
Hello, Doctor

And that's it, they both keep going, no other explanation. This scene would appear in both shows on the same week, but of course, the BBC never even considered it.

I'm always hoping Big Finish will take up the gauntlet (or the mantle or whatever) and do an audio version of this, even if it's thrown on as an after-the-credits type bit. Actually, I'm surprised the BBC technical crews didn't film something like this for one of their internal "VT Christmas" tapes, or whatever they were called. There's one (the Doug Who one?) with John Cleese asking Tom Baker for his autograph, for his blind nephew. They find a piece of paper but neither has a pen. "Don't worry," says Cleese. "I'll just tell him it's signed." How much better if they'd done "Morning, Blake" "Morning, Doctor" instead?

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.46 seconds
9,845,975 unique visits since 8th January 2014