Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 2

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 908
· Newest Rebel: TheElfandherFriends

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
All those Dr Who moments that make you go 'AH HAA', that's a Blakes 7 comment or tie in
Spaceresearcher
Yes, lay down those sad points but while watching Castrovalva (the first Peter Davison Dr Who episode), Part Two at 5:40(5mins, 40secs or there abouts) into the episode the new Dr declares: "...remembering of course not to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow..."

Yes straight away I had echoes of Blake and Jenna declaring "activate the neutron blasters".

Please share your 'scratching to find more Blakes 7 in Dr Who' moments. Smile

GoldChannel
Frontios, where i keep expecting the guards to turn direct to camera, zap the viewer and have a big face with the word 'ELIMINATE' flash up onscreen Wink

BradPaula
GoldChannel wrote:

Frontios, where i keep expecting the guards to turn direct to camera, zap the viewer and have a big face with the word 'ELIMINATE' flash up onscreen Wink

You beat me to it! I think the main draw of Frontios for me is the men in the Federation helmets! Loved it.

There's also the after-regeneration scene in the Doctor's wardrobe where he is looking for a new outfit and what is hanging up there but a ZVP silver suit from the episode Gold. I think it was the Davison into C. Baker regeneration- perhaps someone can confirm that. -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

rojkerr1
Twin Dilemma, not to mention the sea devil in the vault from rescue! warriors gate, uses the wall from servalans office, as well as the hhgttg set

Angry Angel
I've moved this thread from 'Fan Activity' to here as it fits better here.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Space Chopper
Servalan's office wall turns up quite often in Who. Nyssa and Tegan's bedroom walls in the Tardis is one instance I can recall. I've also seen Omega's costume from The Three Doctors (sans head piece) on one B7 episode.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

Joe Dredd
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Yes, lay down those sad points but while watching Castrovalva (the first Peter Davison Dr Who episode), Part Two at 5:40(5mins, 40secs or there abouts) into the episode the new Dr declares: "...remembering of course not to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow..."

Yes straight away I had echoes of Blake and Jenna declaring "activate the neutron blasters".

Not that I doubt it reminded you of B7, SR, but isn't that really a nod to Pertwee-era Who?

Frankymole

Servalan's office wall turns up quite often in Who.
Yes, it was made for the 1972 Jon Pertwee story "The Mutants" and appears in loads of SF shows after that date.

The "reverse the polarity of the neutron flow" also dates from The Sea Devils, same year.

There's a ton of Dr Who costumes on view in episodes like "Assassin", including the first Time Lord, Omega's, armoured breastplate.

Ellen York
Bit of a tangent, but has anyone found a B7 reference in general fiction? This probably earns me some Mad-Sad points, but I was tickled to find one in Sharon McCrumb's "Bimbos of the death Sun". It is a murder mystery set at a small sci-fi con and the descriptions of various con-goers includes a Tom Baker Dr Who costume and someone sporting a pin that reads "I'm not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going".

GoldChannel
not to mention the sea devil in the vault from rescue!

god yes, how could I have forgotten THAT??! Grin

I wonder if he was called Sid. I like to think so.

BradPaula
If I recall correctly, the warlords of "Warlord" are in cast off Doctor Who costumes too. Boovra seems to have a Time Lord insignia on his chest, and doesn't Chalsa has Omega's breast plate? One of them is seen at the beginning of the scene with what looks to be a modified Ice Warrior helmet. -Paula
Edited by BradPaula on 15 June 2014 20:13:33
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

rojkerr1
Warlords, guy wearing a draconian costume from Frontier -and time lord/vogan symbols, one guy wearing a v-shaped tabard sprayed gold, it was silver when used in Horns of Nimon....

Space Chopper
City At The Edge Of The World has a few that started in Blake but ended up in Who. The obvious one is Colin 'Babe' Baker, but there's also Valentine Dyall, who shows up later as The Black Guardian. (He first appeared in this role in 1978 during the Key To Time story arc.) When Vila and Kerril go through the door and end up in the starship, look at the two dead people that arrived earlier. Their grey flight jumpsuits were later painted silver, and became the basis for the revised design Cybermen in Earthshock two years later.

i.imgur.com/dUfHgM3.jpg
Space corpse

i.imgur.com/cho5oGO.jpg
Cybermen

Look at the pipes and tubes on both suits- a dead giveaway.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg

Joe Dredd
Ellen York wrote:

Bit of a tangent, but has anyone found a B7 reference in general fiction? This probably earns me some Mad-Sad points, but I was tickled to find one in Sharon McCrumb's "Bimbos of the death Sun". It is a murder mystery set at a small sci-fi con and the descriptions of various con-goers includes a Tom Baker Dr Who costume and someone sporting a pin that reads "I'm not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going".

A few off the top of my head:

All of the Barbara Paul "Marian Larch" novels have B7 references, but one of them is stuffed to the gills with them - (almost?) every character, street, business etc uses a B7 name. It's dedicated to the "Avon-without-guilt gang".

There's nods to B7 in two Star Trek novels (one being a twist on the "I'm not expendable line").

B7 is mentioned by David Tennant in a cover blurb on one of the (non DW/non B7) novels published by Big Finish. [Green cover, can't think of the name!]

Gauda Prime (& Auros) are mentioned in Trevor Baxendale's DW novel, "Prisoner of the Daleks" (n.b. Trevor is one of the writers of the new S3 full cast B7 audios (Scimitar I think).

Elizabeth Lang has written two novels, "The Empire" and "The Rebels" which, er, uses a lot of B7 as it's starting point (Adrian Stannis, loner technical genius with alien companion Kali etc). As Vila always says, "Using's quicker."

You could perhaps also count Tanith Lee's "Kill the Dead", with it's Bop Ad hero, and maybe Gillian Taylor's Sheriff Darrow/Deputy Keating novels.
Edited by Joe Dredd on 18 June 2014 23:39:04

Angry Angel
Joe Dredd wrote:

You could perhaps also count Tanith Lee's "Kill the Dead", with it's Bop Ad hero.

What does Bop Ad mean?

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Spaceresearcher
Joe Dredd wrote:

Spaceresearcher wrote:

Not that I doubt it reminded you of B7, SR, but isn't that really a nod to Pertwee-era Who?

Well for Pertwee as with Peter Davison, the trigger is: "It's alright I've reversed the polarity of the neutron flow". (That seems to get them out of pickles many times).

Spaceresearcher
BradPaula wrote:

GoldChannel wrote:

You beat me to it! I think the main draw of Frontios for me is the men in the Federation helmets! Loved it.

There's also the after-regeneration scene in the Doctor's wardrobe where he is looking for a new outfit and what is hanging up there but a ZVP silver suit from the episode Gold. I think it was the Davison into C. Baker regeneration- perhaps someone can confirm that. -Paula

Frontios is simply scary in terms of how many Blakes 7 costumes, models and props are recycled for the episode. But oh the horror at all those modified Trooper helmets. Sacriledge.

Space Chopper
BradPaula wrote:

If I recall correctly, the warlords of "Warlord" are in cast off Doctor Who costumes too. Boovra seems to have a Time Lord insignia on his chest, and doesn't Chalsa has Omega's breast plate? One of them is seen at the beginning of the scene with what looks to be a modified Ice Warrior helmet. -Paula

Yes, the Seal of Rassilon was quite blatant, wasn't it? Omega's outfit actually appears in Cancer, on one of the slave traders. The repaint on the Ice Warrior suit looks so much like the guy from The Pirate Planet, it's uncanny.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg

rojkerr1
The seal of Rassilon is the vogan symbol from Revenge of the cybermen, they reused it in deadly assassin then it became the timelord symbol

Joe Dredd
It's a great design. I wish they'd use it more in nuWho than the other circle things.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.58 seconds
9,107,541 unique visits since 8th January 2014