Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Avebury outing 20th September
Spaceship Dispatcher
The pub is a more likely candidate on these occasions.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

clareblues1
Yes I did look for pubs in the area, there's 2 to choose from, the Red Lion in Avebury and the Waggon and Horses in nearby Beckhampton...unfortunately the Google reviews, some of which were quite recent, didn't speak very highly of the food at either venue, which is what made me consider the NT café...

However the White Horse Inn at Compton Bassett is spoken of more highly...
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Sopron
Stopped off at the Red Lion in Avebury on my tour back from RTGP II. Only had a coffee but the food certainly looked pretty good. Prices were probably what you'd expect from a tourist destination and the service was a little erratic, but I suspect that may have been down to new staff as it was right at the beginning of the season. If that's any help...

Cool

Spaceship Dispatcher
Sopron wrote:

Stopped off at the Red Lion in Avebury on my tour back from RTGP II.

Noted, thank you! Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

RichardMk2
It's a while since I've been in either the pub or cafe at Avebury. Last year I went for a walk with some friends from Avebury to the monumnet on Cherhill downs. We ate at the Black Horse at Cherhill which is about 4 miles west of Avebury along the A4 towards Chippenham. The food was quite good.

clareblues1
*thumbs up* Righty'o, we'll see you in the car park at 11am Richard Smile

BradPaula
i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/1382329_10153357740405611_491085870_n-Copy_zps09453984.jpg

Just thought I'd share the photo of us all when we visited Avebury last year in October. What a blast we all had and what a memorable site! -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

sweevo
Where is the meeting point? I am interested in coming, but I would like to know if there is a particular rendezvous point. Smile

clareblues1
Hi Sweevo, we are meeting in the main tourist car park at 11am.

clareblues1
BradPaula wrote:

Just thought I'd share the photo of us all when we visited Avebury last year in October. What a blast we all had and what a memorable site! -Paula

He he! I hope Baby Og behaved himself!

Incidentally I have just learned that there is a River Og that flows into the Kennet near Marlborough. So it seems there is another river connection with names in Blake's 7....we have the Avon(s), the Tarrant in Dorset and now the Og in Wiltshire!

sweevo
Main tourist car park... I see. Smile

clareblues1
Sweevo, if you're definitely going to join us, would you mind sending me a PM to let me know, then we know to expect you.

Thanks Smile

meegat39
Hi Clare, I am also coming Grin
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

littlesue
Have a great time you guys. Grandson has a cup match tomorrow, but I will get him there one day. Last time it rained so hard we had to turn back!
Oh yes, see if the shop has got the Children of the Stones DVD in stock. When Daughter no. 2 and I were there some time back, they had never heard of it...by the time we left, they had!!!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

sweevo
Is there a general routine/plan set in terms of what is going on (activity-wise)?

clareblues1
sweevo wrote:

Is there a general routine/plan set in terms of what is going on (activity-wise)?

Sort of...we'll be meeting at 11am, most likely followed by a walk around the stone circle and other points of interest in the village with lunch and general chin wag after that.

Suggested lunch venue is either the Red Lion pub, NT café or the Black Horse in nearby Cherhill (off the A4). We'll see which one we fancy when we get there.

clareblues1
meegat39 wrote:

Hi Clare, I am also coming Grin

Righty'o *thumbs up*

clareblues1
littlesue wrote:

Have a great time you guys. Grandson has a cup match tomorrow, but I will get him there one day. Last time it rained so hard we had to turn back!
Oh yes, see if the shop has got the Children of the Stones DVD in stock. When Daughter no. 2 and I were there some time back, they had never heard of it...by the time we left, they had!!!!!

Will do! We'll poke our nose in the shop and see if they now stock it! LOL

sweevo
They'd better - if it's there, then I'm picking it up and purchasing it and I don't care how much it costs. Smile

Ellen York
Have fun in tomorrow. Happy Day! (Yes, I've been watching Children of the Stones Cool )

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.55 seconds
9,837,874 unique visits since 8th January 2014