Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 997
· Newest Rebel: AVALON

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [25 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [16 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [19 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
15% [17 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
6% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [7 Votes]

Votes: 116
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
NEW TITAN FIND Blakes 7 Model KIT Run
Joe Dredd
Coser wrote:
Unfortunately I can't work out how to get the pictures up here, but she sure looks big!

I've cropped these down but they give you an idea. Click for a bigger view.

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/Scorp1_zpsa758c713.jpg

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/Scorp2_zps0375152f.jpg

RB
Evening all, this Titan kit is bigger than expected, looks ace...
lh3.googleusercontent.com/--WfVaDnlzVY/VA2LjIHDqUI/AAAAAAAAgF0/-aR849NWwaY/w967-h544-no/20140908_115700.jpg

Joe Dredd
It really is a "Titan" kit!

Space Chopper
I'd love to see one of the Scorpio kits built and painted!
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

Joe Dredd
Here you go SC, here's a Titan Find kit made up, though is from the original run of Scorpio models.

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/Scorpio0.jpg

Click on the picture for a better look at the detail. Lovely!
Edited by Joe Dredd on 10 September 2014 16:59:35

Joe Dredd
i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/Scorpio1.jpg

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/Scorpio2.jpg

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/Scorpio3.jpg

Space Chopper
Oh, boy that looks beautiful. Way out of my price range, though, so for now only something to aspire to.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

Coser
So just got my notification that mine are on the way. Now all I have to worry about is the GPO stinging me for more money when they get here.

Hope to hear more about the London soon.
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

Coser
And they arrived today, 4 days after being posted from the USA. Will try and get some pictures tonight.

Unfortunately other projects prevent me from starting them, well, probably before 2016, but they will be stored well and I will start a build thread once I do.
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

Coser
OK, so here are the box contents on these, with a little bit of good news to follow.
i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/SfWeaponsmith/WIP%20pictures/Titan%20find%20Liberator%20Model/Liberator01_zps8d289aa2.jpg
i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/SfWeaponsmith/WIP%20pictures/Titan%20find%20Liberator%20Model/Liberator02_zps5ad20dfa.jpg
i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/SfWeaponsmith/WIP%20pictures/Titan%20find%20Liberator%20Model/Liberator03_zpsbec7406a.jpg
i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/SfWeaponsmith/WIP%20pictures/Titan%20find%20Liberator%20Model/Liberator04_zps4ebcf9ff.jpg
i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/SfWeaponsmith/WIP%20pictures/Titan%20find%20Liberator%20Model/Liberator05_zps9ad77671.jpg
i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/SfWeaponsmith/WIP%20pictures/Titan%20find%20Liberator%20Model/Liberator06_zpsf43d903e.jpg
i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/SfWeaponsmith/WIP%20pictures/Titan%20find%20Liberator%20Model/Liberator07_zpsb81e0d59.jpg

The Liberator is a big kit, easily twice the size of the old Comet Miniatures version. Some parts require some minor straightening, but the brass rod in the arms will be a great help in keeping them straight.

i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/SfWeaponsmith/WIP%20pictures/Titan%20Find%20Scorpio%20model/Scorpio01_zps5b78a7d1.jpg
i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/SfWeaponsmith/WIP%20pictures/Titan%20Find%20Scorpio%20model/Scorpio02_zpsfb4f2e74.jpg
i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/SfWeaponsmith/WIP%20pictures/Titan%20Find%20Scorpio%20model/Scorpio03_zps7a23a3f1.jpg
i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/SfWeaponsmith/WIP%20pictures/Titan%20Find%20Scorpio%20model/Scorpio04_zpsa21dd1a6.jpg
i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/SfWeaponsmith/WIP%20pictures/Titan%20Find%20Scorpio%20model/Scorpio05_zps7984daee.jpg

And the Scorpio is huge! Plenty of scope for lighting both kits, and a scratch-built launch platform for the Scorpio may well be in order.

However, the good news is that John is moving ahead with the London, and it should be available in the first half of next year. It's too early to be saying more or taking orders yet, but I should be able to let you all know when John is taking orders for the first model of this craft.

clanger68
They look very nice don't they.

I received my Scorpio kit from Titan Find a while ago and I'm really happy with it.

Also very happy with Johns customer service, he kept me informed about the progress of the kit, it arrived when he said it would and was extremely well packed.

The model is bigger than I thought and it is a very nicely realised.

When I first saw the images of the Scorpio model at the 3/4 front view I thought she was a bit stubby and the radar dish was a little too big.

I'm guessing this was down to camera distortion as in actuality the proportions are great.

I agree Coser about the landing platform, as they landing gear/feet are included in the kit, and look fantastic, it's crying out to be displayed on the platform.

I didn't go for the Liberator but looking at your photos maybe I should have.

Look forward to seeing what you do with yours.

- Andy
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Coser
Just in from John,

"Hi everyone

Today I shipped the last preorder for the B7 kits. Its been quite the year for Titan Find. I reissued 3 kits and the masters for the London will be finished before the end of the year.

Yes, you read that correctly!! The London is finally happening and should be going preorder early in the new year, maybe sooner if its possible!

In case you were on the fence about getting any of the reissues I do have a few of each of the Pursuit Ship, Liberator and Scorpio kits left over. Let me know if you want any of those. Once the last few kits are gone then thats it. Tell your friends also!!

Anyway, I want to thank everyone for supporting Titan Find this year and wish you all a very Happy Christmas season.

Best

John
Titan Find"

So if you still want one of the releases, you'll need to act fast. And let's get saving for that London.

Spaceresearcher
I've emailed John back about that terrific email but alas have yet to receive a reply. Has anyone else received a response since the 'London Model Kit' is happening email went out?

Dale
Hay guys and girls, Newbe here, can anyone tell me if these kits are still available and if so how to get hold of them ?

Spaceresearcher
Just in from Titan Find:
Greetings B7 modelers

I have some good news for those of you who have been waiting patiently for a kit of the London from Blake's 7. Well its finally happening. The masters are finished and were made by Alfred Wong who did such a great job on the Scorpio and Liberator. This will be a pretty big kit and I think you are going to like it!

In order to do this I would ask for a deposit on the kit if you are interested. As before this is to ensure true interest as I have had a few bad experiences with expressed interest not translating into sales once I had inventory on the shelves. At this point I expect the kit to cost about US$220 and I would need a 50% deposit of $110. The balance plus shipping would be due once the kits are in stock. This is exactly the same approach as I did for the recent reissues.

Please let me know if you are interested by responding to this email. .

Cheers

John

So there we have it, an effort to bring 'The London' spaceship into a model kit form. What ever you do, don't wait, grab it now while there's a production run on.

I'm looking forward to seeing fellow fans display pictures of 'The London' and a tube docking with the Liberator in the not too distant future. Smile

Spaceresearcher
Oh yes, that email is simply: titanfind@gmail.com

Enjoy. Smile

Coser
And don't forget, the "London" is a 'studio scale' replica the same size as the actual prop.

However, it seems that she is looking to be more expensive than John originally thought. He has told me that

"I am finalizing the numbers for the casting order and balancing the actual paid deposits and the expression of interest. I will order extra but not too many as its an expensive kit to produce." ..........
"Actually this will be the most expensive, even more than the Scorpio!! Hoping I break even!!"

Whillst I would be happy for him to increase the final payment to reflect the increase in cost, if he doesn't then I will simply increase what I pay him anyway.

Although this is likely to be one of the last models I ever buy due to changing conditions and deteriorating health, I would not want him to think that I do not appreciate the quality of his work. These are by far the best resin kits I have ever seen, and I would like to know that he would still consider producing more if teh demand was high enough.

Joe Dredd
I love these kits but am lousy at putting them together and finishing them off. I still have a Comet Miniatures Liberator with a terrible paint job buried in a box of shame somewhere. My problem is always trying to find a pro who is willing to assemble and paint the thing for me.

Coser
And just in from John, If you want a bargain, let him know!

"Greetings B7 fans

A quick update on the London kit progress. Some good and bad news. I'll start with the bad. I am sorry to say the the caster that I have worked with for almost 10 years is exiting the business for health reasons. I am very bummed as we worked well together and he does good quality work. But his health comes first and I completely get and respect that. So what does that mean for Titan Find?

Well I had to find a new caster to work with and the good news is the London is now in the hands of John Geigle at J&S Technologies. John comes well recommended and has done really nice work for Allen Ury at Fantastic Plastic among others. This is the first time I have worked with John so we are figuring things out but so far so good. John has the London masters and has started molding them. Now all this has delayed the production by several weeks unfortunately so my apologies for that but there was nothing I could do. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Just to show that progress is being made attached is a photo of the London decals.

I am doing a run of 30 kits. and about 20 have deposits. This has turned out to be a very expensive project so I will really have to evaluate the economics once this run is over. If there is enough interest and I ever do another run the cost of the kit will go up and I know its not cheap already. Please remember this is a studio scale kit so its pretty big and with that goes a lot of work and cost. So if you want one at this price $220 + S&H now is the time. I am still accepting 50% deposits. Just let me know and I can send you an invoice through Paypal.

Thanks to everyone that has already preordered.

Stay tuned

John
Titan Find"

Coser
Ahem.

Just received this from John.

"Hello B7 Fans

Quick update!

Some good news on the progress of the London project. I received the first casting of the kit this week and its impressive. See attached pic. Being studio scale this kit is huge and heavy!

I am going to start working on the instructions now that I have the kit in hand and I have given the green light for the rest of the run of 30 kits which are almost all sold out.

All the best for now and I will post some better pics later.

Cheers

John

Titan Find"

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.59 seconds
12,115,629 unique visits since 8th January 2014