Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
NEW TITAN FIND Blakes 7 Model KIT Run
Spaceresearcher
For those who may be wondering what some of us are excited about, check these photos out where I compare the studio scale London to the Scorpio model kit(which is a pretty big kit in itself) and my hand(180mm approx from wrist to tip of index finger), to give you an idea of the size of this magnificent kit. Enjoy. Smile
http://s1272.phot...y.jpg.html
http://s1272.phot...a.jpg.html
http://s1272.phot...g.jpg.html
http://s1272.phot...l.jpg.html
http://s1272.phot...2.jpg.html
http://s1272.phot...u.jpg.html
http://s1272.phot...k.jpg.html
http://s1272.phot...d.jpg.html
http://s1272.phot...4.jpg.html
http://s1272.phot...y.jpg.html

Model on fellow B7 fans. Smile

Mod edited to make links clickable
Edited by JustBrad on 22 August 2015 15:56:14

Spaceresearcher
Many thanks JustBrad.

Frankymole
Spaceresearcher wrote:

For those who may be wondering what some of us are excited about, check these photos out where I compare the studio scale London to the Scorpio model kit(which is a pretty big kit in itself) and my hand(180mm approx from wrist to tip of index finger), to give you an idea of the size of this magnificent kit. Enjoy. Smile
What? Wait... there's a SCORPIO KIT?????

Joe Dredd
Frankymole wrote:
What? Wait... there's a SCORPIO KIT?????

Yes, and it remains a thing of beauty! Have a look at the photos here: Click!. You can click on them to see larger versions.

Spaceresearcher
Contact Titan Find, Frankymole and put in a request. If I'm not mistaken there were new molds created to produce some more Scorpio kits due to the demand so you never know. As far as I'm aware there is no present stock, however if enough interest is voiced, then Titan Find will eventually do a run.

As Joe Dredd mentioned, it's a superb kit. Be sure to check out Joe's version too for painting ideas. It's very well made.

Joe Dredd
London calling

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/005_zpsmb5zyllv.jpg

...the sun's zooming in

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/004_zpsagzdrjoz.jpg

Engines stop running, but I have no fear

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/007_zpslue6w7zi.jpg

London calling

clanger68
Very nice job indeed Smile
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
exterminator
That's the first built London I've seen - nice job, looks very authentic to the original!
----------------------------------------

"There it is!"

Coser
We really do need a "Like" or "Exhault" button on this site.

That's an amazing buid of a brilliant kit. Can't wait to get my hands on mine [expecting a letter from the Grasping Post Office any day now!]
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

Space Chopper
Nice job- love the weathering on that!
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

Coser
Mine landed this morning. Must have been a reasonably hard landing, I'm going to have to do some repair work before I can start on her properly.

Nothing that major. Worst is one of the rings around the landing gear locations is damaged and will need a replacement as I don't want to trust a model this weight to a repair. Other than that it's mainly detail work under the chin. Might have to start a Blog on the build when I finally get round to it.

Unfortunately home life is like Work at the moment. been at work all morning, not got a single constructive thing done yet!
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

Spaceresearcher
Superb weathering, I really like that London build. The matt white and the decals will be a snap but getting that 'well used' weathering is a tuff job.

For those who may be interested and something I'm going to try on one of my London's is one of the very talented actual designer of spacecraft props for Blakes, 'Martin Bower' who gave me the following tip.

For weathering that you will see on many of his models from the Alien movie through to The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy Vogon constructor spacecraft for example, he uses..... 'actual soot'. No joke. He get's a lot of powdered soot and really packs it in, then carefully dusts it back. I've wanted to try it for a while now and I think the London is the perfect contestant for this neat trick.

I've tried the Tamiya weathering kits and there so so. Still not the deep weathering that you see for spacecraft like 'The London' or 'The Scorpio' etc.

Anyone else got some handy tips on weathering your spacecraft?

Coser
Personally, I'm not going to weather mine as much as Joe has done - although his may be as much to the pictures as anything.

Given how we see it move in the show, I'm going to concentrate the weathering along the underside and around the nose. The London obviously climbs out of the atmosphere nose first, and it is logical to assume it enters the same way before transitioning to vertical for final landing.

So my thinking is that it gets dirty fairly evenly along the underside as stuff is bounced up at the belly during landing, and to a lesser extent the early stage of take-off - presuming that it lifts then fires the main engines to fly out. It may not do that on take-off from Earth if they have some sort of trolley launch sytem in place.

During atmospheric flight the vast majority of dirt and damage will be on the front as it flies throught the air. Once in space, there is no appreciable wear, but damage is possible. I like the idea of possibly working a very clean panel in there somewhere to represent one that has just been replaced, with possibly another couple doen in shades that are lighter than average for the area to represent older repairs.

How I achieve this I'm not entirely sure right now, and will probably depend on where in the overall scheme I am working, but I plan on painting it 'factory fresh' until I have the decals on and sealed in, then going to town with the Tamiya weathering kits I have, a little thinner, a pencil or two, and if I can scrounge one from the love of my life, a make-up brush [probably by suggesting I buy her a more expensive one for herself, then offering to throw the old one away for her.] I will then try and brush the 'dirt' in the appropriate directions (Back from the nose, directly away from thrusters on the underside, generally back along the underside, and some up and back along the edges of the wings and of the ship in general.)

Spaceresearcher
Looking forward to seeing the shots of your build Coser, hope you have lot's of fun building a classic Starship there.

Coser
Fun is guaranteed. Just have to finish off a little bust I am working on at the moment from a tabletop game series that I spotted on another forum, but I'm already planning the sanding sessions that I'll need to remove the flash, and making the moulds from other areas of the baseplate so I can cast the components I'll need to affect the repairs.

Then I'll probably do the major assemblies, look at the remaining parts and paint them. Then paint the main craft, then finally get the minor components glued to the main body and it will be finished.

Anyone want a Blog of the build? Don't normally do that sort of thing, but if I was to 'lose my cherry', this'd be the project to do it! (Won't be that fast as I don't get that much time to myself these days between work, overtime to pay for the good things in life [Woman I love, large resin spaceships] and a long distance to go home. But I'll try and put something in every week showing my progress.)

Coser
OK, the build of my London is going to take some time. The main underside piece is not flat.

I had planned on taking it into work and running it on the surface grinder, but there is a 3mm drop from the centre to each end. This is greater than the amount I needed to take off, so I will have to sand it by hand, then heat it and flatten it before I proceed. At the same time I will deal with the other main parts so that they all fit together properly.

However, I have heard from John that there are still a couple left if anyone wants one of these beauties, don't wait if you do - he also said that "Once they sell out I am not sure I will ever release this kit again. It was a true labor of love but it was also the most difficult kit I have ever produced."

Spaceresearcher
Without doubt there is a touch of Dremelling required but hey, this is not a shake and bake kit. Personally I think it's a work of art and without doubt a lot of time and effort went into this kit. Compare this to the Monsters in Motion Blakes 7 shuttle and there's simply no comparison in terms of quality.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.39 seconds
9,938,898 unique visits since 8th January 2014