Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
NEW TITAN FIND Blakes 7 Model KIT Run
kmorris12
Hi,

I was wondering if there were any of the Liberator kits still available?

Thanks

BradPaula
I read on page two of this thread that the London kits were being readied. I have no idea about Liberator models. Perhaps you could email Titan Finds to ask them.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Coser
Anyone heard anything else from John on the London?

Just seems such a long time since we heard anything, although it's possible that I'm just being an impatient little kid.

I do want it though.
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

Coser
And another 3 weeks has gone by, still not heard anything more.

.......*........Y........

Grin
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

clanger68
Not heard anything recently.

I expect John is waiting till the kits are in hand before letting us know.

Looks like quite a comprehensive kit from the photos.

- Andy
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
RB
Email today.......looks like a great kit,, about 3kg in weight.....

Coser
........................*...................Y............

This takes much longer, I'm going to start hearing Banjos. I want to pay John the rest of the money!

[Starts whistling "Do not Forsakeme, oh my Darling"]

exterminator
Good news - I've just received an invoice from John. Looks like the London kits are ready to ship!!
----------------------------------------

"There it is!"

RB
Me to, got an invoice for the rest, not as bad as I had expected......Grin

Coser
Agreed. £120 is a hefty whack, but still good value for what is coming!

exterminator
Even better news, the kits are on their way!

"There it is!"

clanger68
Woo Hoo.....

Bringing new souls for the faith?

Grin
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
exterminator
My kit arrived today ... !

"There it is!"

Spaceresearcher
Sensational exterminator, I've placed an order for 2 of them and look forward to receiving them as well, although I've got a very nice pile of photos on the ore freighter and have been trying to get the time to finish that first before I embark on another kit(then there's the morphy richards spaceship and other scratch builds) but the Titan Finds are very nice kits.

Who would have thought we would have an almost studio scale London kit to build. It's a Blakes 7 fans Christmases all at once. Smile

Oh and exterminator there's a nice USB stick of photos building up. Just want to get it all set for you.

Let the building begin!!!! Smile

Spaceresearcher
Say for those of you who have purchased London kits. Does anyone have any plans or ideas on building a linking tube to dock with a similar sized Liberator?

You might be able to use 1/144 scale aircraft figures to use as crews crossing exterminator. Smile

Coser
You would need to build a lot more than a docking tube, I'm afraid.

It looks like, and I'm sure Exterminator will confirm, that the London kit is bigger than the TF Liberator. So the two kits are of completely different scales. You would have to decide on which you want to base the diorama from, then scratch-build the tube and the other craft to the same scale - or have some sort of 'forced perspective' effect going on.

And that's without the usual debate on the exact size of each individual vessel - something that has been talked about on this very site.

If you base the size from the TF London, that Liberator is going to be huge, any way you look at it. (And personally, I think basing from the TF Liberator, the London will be tiny) A real challenge either way.

Spaceresearcher
Coser wrote:

You would need to build a lot more than a docking tube, I'm afraid.

It looks like, and I'm sure Exterminator will confirm, that the London kit is bigger than the TF Liberator. So the two kits are of completely different scales. You would have to decide on which you want to base the diorama from, then scratch-build the tube and the other craft to the same scale - or have some sort of 'forced perspective' effect going on.

And that's without the usual debate on the exact size of each individual vessel - something that has been talked about on this very site.

If you base the size from the TF London, that Liberator is going to be huge, any way you look at it. (And personally, I think basing from the TF Liberator, the London will be tiny) A real challenge either way.

Or just have a really long tube and use good old trick photography to capture the right scale. Smile

exterminator
As far as I remember, the Titan Find Liberator is about 14 inches long, so that would make an in-scale London just over 1 inch long. Conversely, if you want to build a Liberator in-scale with the Titan Find London kit, it's going to be approaching 15 feet long!!

The TF London is studio scale, whereas the TF Liberator is (I think) one-third studio scale.

@Spaceresearcher - just re-read your post from the 8th August. Thanks, looking forward to "the magic stick"!!

"There it is!"

Coser
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Or just have a really long tube and use good old trick photography to capture the right scale. Smile

Only works if you are shooting from the Liberator and have the London a long way away (Which sort of makes the tube redundant, or at the very least exceptionally hard to pull off.), sort of a reverse angle to that used in the show. Would be easier to do a digital composite so you could shrink the London to the correct size to fit in front of the Liberator, surely?

Spaceresearcher
Coser wrote:

Spaceresearcher wrote:

Only works if you are shooting from the Liberator and have the London a long way away (Which sort of makes the tube redundant, or at the very least exceptionally hard to pull off.), sort of a reverse angle to that used in the show. Would be easier to do a digital composite so you could shrink the London to the correct size to fit in front of the Liberator, surely?

Precisely. Or as Exterminator suggested(and if you would like to do it traditional Blakes 7 style with real models), make a 1 inch London to sit near your Liberator, problem solved. Smile

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.51 seconds
9,143,738 unique visits since 8th January 2014