Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Crooked dice figures
Spaceresearcher
markab2 wrote:

These little things look really good! The closest I've ever came to having any kind of figure from B7 was when I converted my action man into Blake and my sisters cindy doll into Jenna (This was the 70s not now). I actually kitted them out with tele-port bracelets and weapons - until the fateful day when Blake was stripped away and turned into a Cyberman with tin foil.

That's brilliant. I remember adding things to my Corgi Liberator when I was a kid, extra pins for more authentic looking neutron blasters (I'll never know what happened to that ship it was my favourite figure ever but thank goodness the Season 3 boxset brought it out again for a limited time for us hard core Blakes 7 fans).

littlesue
Spaceresearcher wrote:

markab2 wrote:

These little things look really good! The closest I've ever came to having any kind of figure from B7 was when I converted my action man into Blake and my sisters cindy doll into Jenna (This was the 70s not now). I actually kitted them out with tele-port bracelets and weapons - until the fateful day when Blake was stripped away and turned into a Cyberman with tin foil.

That's brilliant. I remember adding things to my Corgi Liberator when I was a kid, extra pins for more authentic looking neutron blasters (I'll never know what happened to that ship it was my favourite figure ever but thank goodness the Season 3 boxset brought it out again for a limited time for us hard core Blakes 7 fans).

And I was lucky enough to get one of those box sets last week off Ebay.
Mint, still sealed and only 19.99! with free postage!!!
I've never pressed the buy button so quickly Grin
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Joe Dredd
Space Chopper wrote:

Some news from Crooked Dice is that four new minis are due out in March. They now do 3D printing based on renders, and the models are incredibly detailed. Shown below are the renders for the new batch of Future Freedom Fighters, from L-R: Servalan/Commisioner Sleer, Travis 2 (Brian Croucher version) and series 4 Avon and Vila. The facial likenesses look incredible.

i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj278/pez47/Crooked%20Dice/Future%20Freedom%20Fighters%206/untitled.205_zpskyphmhww.jpg

Avon's got a clipgun but he's wearing his clobber from Terminal, so they've obviously based it on a shot of him from "Rescue". I wonder if they realise that's not his standard S4 outfit. Perhaps they thought it would be too fiddly to do with all those studs.

Vila's clutching a bottle in his right hand/crook of his left arm, but is there something in his left hand? (Edit: it's a cup. He's also got a holstered clipgun.)

Anniew
I love that a company called Crooked Dice make them. Do you think it's run by an ancestor of Vila? Or Krantor?
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Spaceresearcher
littlesue wrote:

Spaceresearcher wrote:

markab2 wrote:

And I was lucky enough to get one of those box sets last week off Ebay.
Mint, still sealed and only 19.99! with free postage!!!
I've never pressed the buy button so quickly Grin
\

Smile Way to go Littlesue. A splendid acquisition indeed. Hang on to that one and never let it go. Absolutely love Season 3(well all seasons to be honest), this edition has a magnificent collection of extra's and be sure to check the internet for details on finding all of the hidden easter eggs. Your going to have a ball. Enjoy. Smile

Spaceresearcher
Anniew wrote:

I love that a company called Crooked Dice make them. Do you think it's run by an ancestor of Vila? Or Krantor?

You'll have to ask Vila on that one, but don't expect any honest responses. Smile

Doc Covert
Thanks for all the great pictures, and well done on the paint jobs!

These are certainly going on the "must have or else die in agony" list if they ever become available on this side of the pond.

President Solvite
Little pedantic note... the print files would be generated from mesh and polygon, ie. Modelling and export tools rather than renders (which are the visual output)

But pedantry aside they are excellent figures which would be a welcome addition to any fan collection.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Spaceresearcher
President Solvite wrote:

Little pedantic note... the print files would be generated from mesh and polygon, ie. Modelling and export tools rather than renders (which are the visual output)

But pedantry aside they are excellent figures which would be a welcome addition to any fan collection.

I'd say that would be correct or close to PS. I was envisioning CAD files of the figures to generate .STL files which could then be 3D printed.

Incidentally, does anyone know if the new Crooked Dice figures will be classic metal miniatures like the rest of the figures or have they gone for the evil plastic route(because the plastic can be more detailed. So can metal people with a touch more work. Don't mind me, it's a rant of mine to do with current miniature manufacture)?

ollie
Crooked Dice have today announced that on the 1st November 2016 they will release the six season 1 Liberator crew members in their 'away' outfits. The sculpts have been modified from those released previously and in addition to the new outfits they are in different poses and have different weaponary in some cases.

The cost for the set of six (unpainted) figures is fifteen pounds.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6751920/MMM-029.jpg

Mark

Spaceresearcher
ollie wrote:

Crooked Dice have today announced that on the 1st November 2016 they will release the six season 1 Liberator crew members in their 'away' outfits. The sculpts have been modified from those released previously and in addition to the new outfits they are in different poses and have different weaponary in some cases.

The cost for the set of six (unpainted) figures is fifteen pounds.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6751920/MMM-029.jpg

Mark

HOORAY!!!!! I'll be there. To give folks an idea, there's a game called Warhammer 40K that war gamers play on table tops with miniatures and those can sell for the price of these six figures and you only get 2 figures or even 1 in a pack. Worst of all is that there plastic. (rip off)

So 6 miniatures for this price is a bargain fellow fans.

You know if there was time, I'd even bring along my collection so some interested people could play with them at Blake con. However let's face it, with 4 wonderful guests and all you wonderful people there(if you can't make it we know you will be there in spirit with a teleport bracelet on wondering why it's malfunctioned again), as if there would be time. Which is a good thing, but never the less still dreaming up ideas to cram into the day. I keep telling myself. 'Remember he/she who tries to please everyone, pleases no one.' (excitment rant, just omit as desired).

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.29 seconds
9,177,362 unique visits since 8th January 2014