Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Crooked dice figures
paulm
i102.photobucket.com/albums/m105/paulalan/DSCF8214_zps2f8ecf59.jpg

Kerr Avon and Orac

Roj Blake
i102.photobucket.com/albums/m105/paulalan/DSCF8211_zpse22bbac9.jpg

Jenna Stannis
i102.photobucket.com/albums/m105/paulalan/DSCF8207_zps3bb9dc8e.jpg

Vila Restal and Box of tricks

i102.photobucket.com/albums/m105/paulalan/DSCF8206_zps639166c7.jpg

Cally
i102.photobucket.com/albums/m105/paulalan/DSCF8205_zpscbbf53f0.jpg

Olag Gan
i102.photobucket.com/albums/m105/paulalan/DSCF8204_zpsa778644d.jpg
Edited by paulm on 13 June 2014 20:40:58

BradPaula
Very good work, paulm. Now it seems I'm going to have to paint my figurines. I was thinking of just leaving them as is, but yours look so nice I had better get the paint and brushes out now. -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

paulm
thank you. I have ordered Tarrant and Dayna as i have been so pleased with these ones

Space Chopper
Nice work, paulm. I've put my figures on their bases, and decided to do Dayna in her Ultraworld outfit. I filed the thigh-boot tops off, and used greenstuff to look like her trousers are tucked into knee-length boots, which I think are closer to her outfit. I've also wound fine fuse wire around an opened paperclip to create coiled wire to put on the Liberator guns, connecting to their battery packs. They were the very devil to get on! As soon as I've painted them, I'll put up pics- it may take me a while!
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

paulm
sounds like yours will be spot on. Think i will get the file out for Dayna as well and go for the ultraworld outfit

Space Chopper
Here's a link to a handy site that gives a costume guide to the characters.

http://www.hermit...tumes.html

From what I've been able to see, the figures' costumes are as follows:

Blake: As seen in The Way Back, Space Fall, Cygnus Alpha, Time Squad.
Avon: As seen in The Web, Seek-Locate-Destroy, Mission to destiny, Duel, Project Avalon, Breakdown, Deliverance.
Jenna: As seen in Cygnus Alpha, Time Squad, Seek-Locate-Destroy, Breakdown., although the neckline looks more like the costume in The Web, Mission to destiny. The fact that this one is a dress rather than a blouse makes me plump for the former.
Vila: As seen in The Way Back, Space Fall, Cygnus Alpha, Time Squad.
Cally: As seen in Trial, Countdown, Star One, Aftermath, Powerplay., although you could get away with the red suit from Time Squad.
Gan: As seen in The Web, Seek-Locate-Destroy, Mission to destiny, Duel, Project Avalon, Breakdown, Bounty, Deliverance, Orac.
Tarrant: As seen in City at the Edge of the World, Children of Auron.
Dayna: As seen in Ultraworld, Terminal, Rescue. Although the thigh boots will need filing down.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg

paulm
Thats a very useful list, i wish i had that when i was painting!

Space Chopper
Crooked Dice now have two more figures in the Future Freedom Fighters range, listed as 'female gunfighter' and 'weary bounty hunter'- basically, Soolin and Blake from the final episode. Below is a pic of the minis from Crooked Dice.

www.crooked-dice.co.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/FFF5nb-300px.jpg

I've ordered mine, and will post pics of them as and when I've painted them all up. I'm a bit tied up with work and a Liberator refit at the moment!
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg

Spaceresearcher
So great to see, thanks for sharing the figure painting too Paulm, there terrific.

Now all that is needed is a Season 4 Avon and Season 4 Servalon to complete a terrific collection. (Well that is unless they would like to do each and every character in the entire series. Anyone for Zill, Moloch and a certain robot to seek out Orac?). Smile

Coser
Don't forget there are the opposition too!

http://www.crooke...-security/

And although not actually a season 4, there is a Servalan

http://www.crooke...y-travers/.

Must admit, I'm not that struck on the http://www.crooke...vy-weapon/ which is pretty much made up of whole cloth (as in was never seen on screen and is made up for the purposes of their game, not as a model for us appreciators.).

I am on holiday next week and will be spending a week at home doing jobs around the house. I'll see if I can't get to putting up a painting blog afterwards on working on one of these figures. does anyone have a particular one they want me to concentrate on? I have the last 2 on order to be delivered home so I should have all of them next week, and I am preparred to put up a detailed walk through on painting them to a fairly high standard, including using primer as pre-shader.
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

paulm
Thanks for the comments. I wouldnt mind seeing a work in progress for the soolin figure which i dont have yet, Thanks coser.

Coser
www.crooked-dice.co.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/FFF5nb-300px.jpg

I know I have a really dirty mind, and it doesn't half make normal conversations much more interesting when at work, but was that the best picture they could do? I mean, should Blake really be pointing his weapon there?
Grin Angry
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

paulm
thats what you get with a wonky eye

ollie
Hello All,

In their January 2016 newsletter, released today, Crooked Dice have announced four new Blake's 7 figures are upcoming:

'March should see four additions to the Future Freedom Fighters range with new versions of both heroes and villains.'

Maybe a season D version of Avon will be included?

Smile

Mark

clanger68
ollie wrote:

Hello All,

In their January 2016 newsletter, released today, Crooked Dice have announced four new Blake's 7 figures are upcoming:

'March should see four additions to the Future Freedom Fighters range with new versions of both heroes and villains.'

Maybe a season D version of Avon will be included?

Smile

Mark

Great news They do great stuff.
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Spaceresearcher
That's terrific news. There was a Season 4 Avon figure published many years ago (just a second while I check the official 'Blakes 7 The Merchandise Guide."Wink, oh yes in 1998 by Imar models. Smile I still look for these figures with growing sadness as there nearly impossible to find and when they do, there snapped up almost immediately on collector sites.

So in short, I think a Season 4 Avon figure would be a massive seller for them.

As for copyright, it has caused far to many missed opportunities for Blakes 7 as it is. If only people who actually care about Blakes 7 could have a chance to own the license. I'm glad Big Finish at the very least was given the rights or we'd still be crossing our fingers for this alleged TV 're-boot', which not surprisingly has died off as usual.

So way to go Crooked Dice for bringing out some terrific figures that look a lot like our favourite heroes in Blakes 7. Smile

Space Chopper
Some news from Crooked Dice is that four new minis are due out in March. They now do 3D printing based on renders, and the models are incredibly detailed. Shown below are the renders for the new batch of Future Freedom Fighters, from L-R: Servalan/Commisioner Sleer, Travis 2 (Brian Croucher version) and series 4 Avon and Vila. The facial likenesses look incredible.

i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj278/pez47/Crooked%20Dice/Future%20Freedom%20Fighters%206/untitled.205_zpskyphmhww.jpg
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg

Anniew
Slightly chunkier than the actors would have wished but amazingly recognisable - especially Vila.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Spaceresearcher
Thanks for the update Space Chopper. Does this mean that they will now become plastic figures instead of classic metal miniature figures?

markab2
These little things look really good! The closest I've ever came to having any kind of figure from B7 was when I converted my action man into Blake and my sisters cindy doll into Jenna (This was the 70s not now). I actually kitted them out with tele-port bracelets and weapons - until the fateful day when Blake was stripped away and turned into a Cyberman with tin foil.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.49 seconds
9,932,599 unique visits since 8th January 2014