Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Crooked dice figures
paulm
I am doing some of the crooked dice figures which although branded as "freedom fighters" are the liberator crew. I have a question. Does anyone know which episode Cally has on the green leather suit, as it would appear her model is wearing that costume.
http://www.crooke...ighters-3/

*Edited to make link clickable
Edited by Travisina on 25 May 2014 18:48:51

BradPaula
Hi paulm- If I remember correctly, Cally is wearing that green full leather costume in Star One. I'll always remember her clambering up the hill to dispose of the explosives in those green boots. Poor thing! -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
Hi Paul,

Cally wears lots of green throughout Season 1, but this might be the one you're thinking of (Trial):

www.blakes7online.com/images/articles/vila_cally_200px.jpg

(PS I fixed the link in your post to make it clickable).
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

GoldChannel
just had a look at that website. Their attempts (presumably successful) at evading copyright infringement lawsuits is almost as impressive as their miniatures!!

paulm
Brilliant thanks. I want to get the paint shades right if i can.

paulm
GoldChannel wrote:

just had a look at that website. Their attempts (presumably successful) at evading copyright infringement lawsuits is almost as impressive as their miniatures!!

Yes especially the Servalan and Travis figures

Spaceresearcher
I look forward to seeing some finished painting results. Please do share.

Coser
I have also been impressed with their range, and have bought the full set. I'll have to try and dig them out and get moving on them. As I have been a mini painter for over 30 years, if people want, I'd be happy to put up a step-by step on one of them.

This is what I had done to show another forum what they look like.
i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/SfWeaponsmith/WIP%20pictures/Crooked%20Dice%20Future%20Freedom%20Fighters/FutureFreedomFighters07.jpg

And these are the bases that I planned to use for them.
i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/SfWeaponsmith/WIP%20pictures/Crooked%20Dice%20Future%20Freedom%20Fighters/FutureFreedomFighters09.jpg

Both the models will actually be stripped back to bare metal and re-undercoated as I use a different technique for painting these days. If the weather is suitable - which it probably won't be - I'll try and get them stripped and re-primed tonight. I need decent weather as I spray my primer through a spraygun.
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

paulm
Spaceresearcher wrote:

I look forward to seeing some finished painting results. Please do share.

i will indeed

Space Chopper
Nice bases. I've bought resin bases that represent the ship's decking for mine. I'd be interested to see how yours turn out- I've still yet to tackle mine!
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

Coser
SC, that's a good idea. Mind if I ask where you got them from? (Although I also have some "Forge Ruins" bases from Anvil Industries, so may use those instead.)
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

Space Chopper
I bought two sets of 10 from Ebay- Link to first set and Link to 2nd set

The first set I ordered had blast damage on them, unlike these ones here (The blast-damaged ones are out of stock) and I intend to use those for the Federation figures when I get them. Set 2 is 'clean' decking that looks more like it could be from Libby or Scorpio, so that's going to be used for my Blake and his merry crew. The battle-damaged bases are actually 25mm Necromunda bases for WH40K gaming, should they come back into stock and you want to have a look.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg

Coser
Thanks SC. They are certainly of interest, although none of them are particularly 'correct' for either the Liberator or Scorpio, the second set is certainly as close as I have seen.

I suppose that if you actually go for the sets, then plain flat plasticard painted properly should be correct, but I always thought of having them down on a planet, and the bases I went for (Anvil Industry "Granite Wasteland" ) look good enough for the beach on Sarran where Avon and Dayna meet.

OK, I know Gan is dead by then, and Blake, Cally, Villa, and Jenna never set foot on the place, but what the heck.

I may even try and work the entire set into the bridge of another ship, but that is currently way more work than I can cope with.
Edited by Coser on 27 May 2014 17:16:48

Hugbot
paulm wrote:

GoldChannel wrote:

Yes especially the Servalan and Travis figures

I like the idea that Travis' first name is "Stefan" (instead of "Trevor" Pfft) ... this way, at last one B7 character is named after me! Grin

Coser
And on the way are two more "Future Freedom Fighters", this time a haggard bounty hunter with a pistol tucked into his belt and a suspiciously Federated Security looking sidearm, and a pony-tailed, pistol packing freedom fighter. Look out for them in August.

More details here.
http://www.crooke...14news.pdf

Space Chopper
So an S4 Blake, and Soolin! The likenesses are again spot on!
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg

Travisina
Hugbot wrote:

I like the idea that Travis' first name is "Stefan" (instead of "Trevor" Pfft) ... this way, at last one B7 character is named after me! Grin

I think that was only in the B7 Media reboot audio version. He identifies himself as 'Travis, Stefan G.' which must have been an in-joke by the writers; a nod to the actor who played Travis I.

But you can adopt the name Travis if it makes you happy (and if Trevor T lets you) - after all, I'm a member of the Travis family, too Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

paulm
Does anyone know which costumes these two are wearing from which episode or are they fictitious ones?
http://www.crooke...ighters-4/

Edited to make link clickable.
Edited by Travisina on 12 June 2014 16:04:12

JustBrad
Blake appears to be dressed in his costume from episodes 1, 2, &3, except that the colors are wrong. Should be dark green waistcoat with khaki sleeves. Or possibly his outfit from Weapon, but again the colors are wrong.

Can't place Dayna. It's similar to her costume in Ultraworld, but again the colors are not quite right and I certainly don't recall seeing her in thigh high boots.

paulm
thanks, i will go for the ultraworld colourscheme and try and disguise the boots

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.51 seconds
9,168,421 unique visits since 8th January 2014