Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 908
· Newest Rebel: TheElfandherFriends

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
18% [17 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 94
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Adventures with the Wife and Blake
trevor travis
C/D/B/A - she's got the seasons in the perfect order Wink

peladon
No, but she is entirely predictable.

winnie-l
meegat39 wrote:
For all we know on subsequent rewatches she could rate The Way Back and Spacefall higher, for example.
Or 19.Trial, one of my favourite episodes that Sue gave a SAD SAD SAD 1/10! BOO!
Edited by winnie-l on 17 September 2014 16:04:15

meegat39
winnie-l wrote:

meegat39 wrote:
For all we know on subsequent rewatches she could rate The Way Back and Spacefall higher, for example.
Or 19.Duel, one of my favourite episodes that Sue gave a SAD SAD SAD 1/10! BOO!

Yes, Duel is a good episode. I think it improves the more you watch it. Smile
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

trevor travis
winnie-l wrote:

meegat39 wrote:
Or 19.Duel, one of my favourite episodes that Sue gave a SAD SAD SAD 1/10! BOO!

I thought she gave Duel 9/10.

meegat39
trevor travis wrote:

For me the order is C/D/A/B - nearly the same! (BTW are you going to the Avebury meet-up on Saturday?)
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Lorna
trevor travis wrote:

Am I the only one to like A/B/C/D in that order?Wink

trevor travis
meegat39 wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

For me the order is C/D/A/B - nearly the same! (BTW are you going to the Avebury meet-up on Saturday?)

I am - SD is giving me a lift. Pfft

winnie-l
trevor travis wrote:
I thought she gave Duel 9/10.
You're right, she did; I wrote 19.Duel but meant 19.Trial. Original post corrected - sorry about that.
Must be why I'm still just a Delta Grade......

rojkerr1
reverse order

peladon
Lorna wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

No, thats the order I would put them in. In fact I'd argue that unless you do put A first then you cant really consider yourself a B7 fan!Smile

trevor travis
peladon wrote:
No, thats the order I would put them in. In fact I'd argue that unless you do put A first then you cant really consider yourself a B7 fan!Smile

Anyone can put them in any order they like Grin
Edited by trevor travis on 17 September 2014 21:09:30

BradPaula
Peladon, I'm intrigued by your statement that unless you put series A first you cannot really consider yourself a B7 fan. Would you mind elaborating on that statement? I think I'd number my favorite series as B-C-A-D. Now after 29 years as a Blake's 7 fanatic, I cannot consider myself a B7 fan? Wow, that's news to me! *grin* I'd love to hear your views in detail. -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:

Peladon, I'm intrigued by your statement that unless you put series A first you cannot really consider yourself a B7 fan. Would you mind elaborating on that statement? I think I'd number my favorite series as B-C-A-D. Now after 29 years as a Blake's 7 fanatic, I cannot consider myself a B7 fan? Wow, that's news to me! *grin* I'd love to hear your views in detail. -Paula

Yes, I'd also like to hear Peladon's reasoning. I'm also intrigued by such a bold statement.

TT (fan of B7 for 34 years, well I thought I was anyway!)

Ellen York
Lorna wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

That is my order too. The run from Seek Locate Destroy to Shadow contains most of my favorite episodes.

Gauda Cheese
D/C/B/A

The only way to go.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

peladon
Not a lot of time at the moment but a short response.Its similar to a discussion I have had with other fan writers in the past , in that case the question is- if you deviate from canon too far who exactky are you writing about?
So extrapolating to series preference:

To be a 'true fan' you must love the characters and that means as they were created, as they started, - and as they are created in SA, and at their most consistent there, so it should come first (later orders dont matter quite so much). If not then what series or characters are you a fan of?

Blake 7 is about a group of people figting a totalitarian regime - if you dont prefer the series where that is the case, you dont favour that premise and therefore you have to ask what exactly you are a fan of?

IMO its hard to claim true fan status when your prefered series have no mention of or involvment of Blake. Or dont have any until some sudden and spurious reason to introduce him at the end Smile

Blake 7 changes significantly in SD, so if that is your preferred series then again you have to ask what it is you are a fan of?

Happy to explain more when RL allows me more time

BradPaula
Thanks, Peladon for your views. I found them most interesting. I have always wondered a bit about fans who love Blake's 7 but hate the character Blake. I mean, to each, their own, but he's the title character!

Your statement that it's "hard to claim true fan status when your preferred series has no mention of or involvement of Blake" does make me wonder, though. Blake appeared in all 26 of the first two series, and once in series 3 and 4. He was also mentioned quite a bit in series 3. So in a roundabout way Blake is still in S3 and S4- but perhaps not enough for your benefit? But thanks for explaining your views. Much appreciated. -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Angry Angel
I'd go for A and B equally, then C, then D.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
President Solvite
My preference is Season A through to D. (in alphabetical order)

In my opinion D lost it's way from Terry's original vision. It also lost much of the drive and good characters from the start. The Blake - Avon dynamic, The Liberator, Zen and of course Travis.

Servalan also seemed to become more of a caricature than the cold, calculating and intelligent adversary that we witness in the beginning.

It was an interesting departure of style but ultimately I didn't enjoy it as much. Although to its credit, we did have a conclusion with Gareth featuring in the finale.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.57 seconds
9,089,684 unique visits since 8th January 2014