Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 908
· Newest Rebel: TheElfandherFriends

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
18% [17 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 94
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Location visit to Quex Park, Kent
Angry Angel
Hugbot wrote:

Angry Angel wrote:

I'm afraid we definitely won't be available if you go on the 30th, we'll be in Germany.

If that should happen to be the northern part of Germany (to be precise, the state of Schleswig-Holstein), you are welcome to drop by! Just send me a note. Pfft

Thanks for the offer Hugbot! Actually, we're visiting my brother down in Bavaria, so we won't be near you I'm afraid.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
RichardMk2
clareblues1 wrote:

Sorry folks I did mean the Saturday dates...hadn't got the brain in gear when I looked at my diary! Doh!

However looking at SD's reply, Saturday 30th is also free.

Trouble is with the Sunday's, late afternoon travelling on the M25 - you're likely to get snarled up in horrendous traffic as everyone returns for the working week. So I think a Saturday would be the better option.

How easy it to get to Quex Park by public transport? I ask as Margate's a bit of a trek for those of us who live north or west of Watford. On the other hand id it's do-able public transport, you can get the Javelin high Speed trains from London St Pancras to Margate in little more than an hour. Plus I would mind an excuse for a ride on these trains. At the moment I can make any of the suggested dates.

clareblues1
Angry Angel wrote:

You know it might be worth contacting Quex Park first, because you will need permission to go to see the tower, and there's no point deciding on a date and discovering they won't let us see it!

Good idea, I've just sent an email off to enquire about the visiting arrangements.
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

clareblues1
RichardMk2 wrote:

clareblues1 wrote:

Sorry folks I did mean the Saturday dates...hadn't got the brain in gear when I looked at my diary! Doh!

Trouble is with the Sunday's, late afternoon travelling on the M25 - you're likely to get snarled up in horrendous traffic as everyone returns for the working week. So I think a Saturday would be the better option.

How easy it to get to Quex Park by public transport? I ask as Margate's a bit of a trek for those of us who live north or west of Watford. On the other hand id it's do-able public transport, you can get the Javelin high Speed trains from London St Pancras to Margate in little more than an hour. Plus I would mind an excuse for a ride on these trains. At the moment I can make any of the suggested dates.

I believe the closest rail station is actually Birchington-on-Sea, which I think is the penultimate stop before Margate. Quex Park is approximately 1 mile from Birchington Station.

RichardMk2
clareblues1 wrote:

RichardMk2 wrote:

clareblues1 wrote:

I believe the closest rail station is actually Birchington-on-Sea, which I think is the penultimate stop before Margate. Quex Park is approximately 1 mile from Birchington Station.

I consider that to be acceptable walking distance so that sounds rail could be an option

Spaceship Dispatcher
Its been suggested to me that, since Quex Park looks like it won't happen in August, how about a visit to the Pressure Point location followed by an afternoon of good company at a nearby watering hole? Sounds like a plan to me, what do others think?
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

clareblues1
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Its been suggested to me that, since Quex Park looks like it won't happen in August, how about a visit to the Pressure Point location followed by an afternoon of good company at a nearby watering hole? Sounds like a plan to me, what do others think?

Would this be for 30th August? I'd be up for that...the Abbey Gardens at Abingdon?

Spaceship Dispatcher
clareblues1 wrote:

Would this be for 30th August? I'd be up for that...the Abbey Gardens at Abingdon?

Yes, it would have to be the 30th for me Happy
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

meegat39

clareblues1 wrote:

Yes, it would have to be the 30th for me Happy

That's our wedding anniverary! I don't somehow think hubby would be very impressed if I ditched him to attend, however enjoy the rest of you! Wink
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Spaceship Dispatcher
meegat39 wrote:

That's our wedding anniverary! I don't somehow think hubby would be very impressed if I ditched him to attend...

Maybe you could make whatever happens of the 20th of September if we meet up then too?

trevor travis
meegat39 wrote:
That's our wedding anniverary! I don't somehow think hubby would be very impressed if I ditched him to attend, however enjoy the rest of you! Wink

Meegat, he's a guy, he won't remember it's your anniversary if you don't remind him Grin

trevor travis
Well as it was my little suggestion, I'm fine for Pressure Point + Pub on August 30th. Wink

clareblues1
Anyone else up for Abbey Gardens on 30th August?

Travisina
Maybe! August is a little far in advance to say for certain, but I can see that it would be do-able as a day trip. I'll keep you posted...
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

clareblues1
We've digressed a little here, so I'm going to start a separate thread for the Abbey Gardens visit...and keep this one purely for Quex Park discussion....

I've had a reply from the powers that be....a visit to the Waterloo Tower may be possible, but only by prior arrangement and depending on the availability of a staff member.

They have asked that we supply them with some possible dates and then we can take it from there.

So, the only date that's on the agenda is 20th September, but that's no good for Andy & co. I suspect if we push it back too far into the autumn we'll risk having bad weather. How about July? At least being earlier folk may know their diaries better. I'm free on Sat 11th, 19th and 26th, but not the 5th.

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'll check my diary over the next couple of days or so Happy

Angry Angel
clareblues1 wrote:

We've digressed a little here, so I'm going to start a separate thread for the Abbey Gardens visit...and keep this one purely for Quex Park discussion....

I've had a reply from the powers that be....a visit to the Waterloo Tower may be possible, but only by prior arrangement and depending on the availability of a staff member.

They have asked that we supply them with some possible dates and then we can take it from there.

So, the only date that's on the agenda is 20th September, but that's no good for Andy & co. I suspect if we push it back too far into the autumn we'll risk having bad weather. How about July? At least being earlier folk may know their diaries better. I'm free on Sat 11th, 19th and 26th, but not the 5th.

Out of the dates in July that you're free, we're only free on the 19th. If July doesn't work I don't mind moving it over to next spring if necessary. Also, if some people would be staying overnight, would anyone like to visit what's left of Betchworth Quarry and Muller's bridge on the Sunday?

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Spaceship Dispatcher
clareblues1 wrote:

...push the date for Quex Park further on into next Spring, if it would make it any easier for advance planning?

clareblues1 wrote:

How about July? ...I'm free on Sat 11th, 19th and 26th, but not the 5th.

Just to clarify, are you talking about next month or 2015? When I initially read your post I assumed you were looking ahead to 2015 summer dates, but looking at the dates they seem to be this year. If its only next month then its not much easier for advance planning! I'm not sure I can do anything at such short notice...

trevor travis
There isn't going to help much, but the Saturday I can make in July is July 5th.

Just looked at other people's dates and July isn't looking much good at all.

I've set aside August 30th (looking likely for Abingdon) and Sept 20th (whatever we do that day). Those look like the dates the majority of people could do.

Maybe Quex Park can be our first excursion of 2015. Smile

meegat39
trevor travis wrote:

There isn't going to help much, but the Saturday I can make in July is July 5th.

Just looked at other people's dates and July isn't looking much good at all.

I've set aside August 30th (looking likely for Abingdon) and Sept 20th (whatever we do that day). Those look like the dates the majority of people could do.

Maybe Quex Park can be our first excursion of 2015. Smile

Well if you aren't doing Quex Park until next spring, I would be up for a Children of the Stones visit Sept 20th, if anyone else was interested in doing that again.
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.68 seconds
9,089,609 unique visits since 8th January 2014