Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Location visit to Quex Park, Kent
clareblues1
It was already discussed earlier in the year to organise a visit to Quex Park, near Margate in Kent, perhaps around August time.

I've checked my diary and I'm free on 9th and 16th August. Do either of these dates work for anyone else?

We would have to check in advance to see if we can visit the Waterloo Tower, which I understand is not always open for business. However once we have a firm date I can make enquiries.

**EDIT** Sorry! I did mean the Saturdays not the Sundays! Brain not in gear when I looked at the diary!
Edited by clareblues1 on 12 May 2014 18:26:24
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Can't make the 10th but should make the 17th okay, although I can't 100% confirm just yet...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

clanger68
Really hope I can make it, have wanted to visit Quex Park for ages.

Will have to make a mini holiday out of it as it is a bit of a trek from our dark corner of the universe!

17th seems good at the moment.

Andy & Karyn.
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Spaceship Dispatcher
Have just discovered a schedule clash which makes both dates unlikely for me now - sorry.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis
Oh phooey I can't make either Sunday 10th or the 17th.

If we were going for a Saturday though, I could make both the 9th and the 16th.

Spaceship Dispatcher
It might be possible for me to get the 16th off work, will check this week and see if its available...

edit: have checked and it looks like the only August days I can manage are the 30th or 31st.
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 12 May 2014 17:40:29

clareblues1
Sorry folks I did mean the Saturday dates...hadn't got the brain in gear when I looked at my diary! Doh!

However looking at SD's reply, Saturday 30th is also free.

Trouble is with the Sunday's, late afternoon travelling on the M25 - you're likely to get snarled up in horrendous traffic as everyone returns for the working week. So I think a Saturday would be the better option.

trevor travis
I'm Ok for the 9th, 16th or 30th.

clareblues1
Just resurrecting this thread....I'm good for Saturday 30th, as is SD and TT...anyone else good for that day?

I'll probably book somewhere to stay on the Friday night and most likely come home after the visit on Saturday like I did for Winpsit...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Got your e-mail Clare, thanks. The 30th of August would still be good for me, its in my diary to keep it free, and the plan at the moment if that date is chosen is for me to collect TT on the way there in the morning rather than stay over. Its still the case for me that only the 30th would work.

Angry Angel
I'm afraid we definitely won't be available if you go on the 30th, we'll be in Germany. A real pity, since we'd love to go there again with everyone else. Sad

Any chance we could look at dates in September?

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
clareblues1
Right'o AA...have just emailed round again...the only Saturday I'm not free in September is the first one, the 6th...

trevor travis
Angry Angel wrote:

I'm afraid we definitely won't be available if you go on the 30th, we'll be in Germany. A real pity, since we'd love to go there again with everyone else. Sad

Any chance we could look at dates in September?

Don't mention the war. Grin

As for Saturdays in September, I'm available for the 6th and 20th, although Clare hasn't already ruled out the 6th.

The 13th September is Big Finish Day 5, I think I'll go to that.

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm available for the 20th of September, but that's my only free day in that month Happy

Angry Angel
20th September would be good for us, thanks for considering it guys.

Hugbot
Angry Angel wrote:

I'm afraid we definitely won't be available if you go on the 30th, we'll be in Germany.

If that should happen to be the northern part of Germany (to be precise, the state of Schleswig-Holstein), you are welcome to drop by! Just send me a note. Pfft

clanger68
August 30th was good for us.

September 20th probably not possible for us, we are going to the Big Finish event the weekend before and I work alternate weekends. Sad

It's going to be impossible to get a date to suit everyone, but if Octobers an option................... LOL

- Andy
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Spaceship Dispatcher
Well, I'm keeping 30/08 and 20/09 free in the diary so can happily meet up with different fellow fans on different days for location visits or just a social get together. If the Solvite clan especially want to see Quex Park then I'm sure we can sort out something else just as interesting for the earlier date as well. Andy, depending on who wants to come along perhaps we could go and see the Rollright Stones (Dr Who location) or something like that in August? Either way, I'm around both days.

clareblues1
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Well, I'm keeping 30/08 and 20/09 free in the diary so can happily meet up with different fellow fans on different days for location visits or just a social get together. If the Solvite clan especially want to see Quex Park then I'm sure we can sort out something else just as interesting for the earlier date as well. Andy, depending on who wants to come along perhaps we could go and see the Rollright Stones (Dr Who location) or something like that in August? Either way, I'm around both days.

Righty'o....

To throw another fish into the net, as SD mentions, perhaps we could slot a social gathering on 20th September instead and push the date for Quex Park further on into next Spring, if it would make it any easier for advance planning? I'm easy on when we go, but don't want to see anyone disappointed because it clashes with something else Smile

Angry Angel
You know it might be worth contacting Quex Park first, because you will need permission to go to see the tower, and there's no point deciding on a date and discovering they won't let us see it!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.51 seconds
9,872,276 unique visits since 8th January 2014