Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Which episode do you secretly love?
Panna

Would that explain the indoor orange tan look during S4
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Thetis
I secretly love Sand, and have a soft spot for Dawn of the Gods, especially when Tarrant identifies the pencil as a "graphite writing stick", but those machines that round them up a horrid. I also like that Soolin was the one that figured it out in Assassin.

Where would we be without any of them?

Ms_Wooster
Thetis wrote:

I secretly love Sand, and have a soft spot for Dawn of the Gods, especially when Tarrant identifies the pencil as a "graphite writing stick", but those machines that round them up a horrid. I also like that Soolin was the one that figured it out in Assassin.

Where would we be without any of them?

Thetis, I too love Sand - I don't love it secretly, but I don't usually admit just how much I love it.Grin

The same with Voice from the Past. It's not a lot of people's favourite, but for me it's the bee's knees, it's a little embarrassing how much I can love something that has some very obvious cringe-inducing moments!
'I'm a free trader.'

Tyce
I love Voices of the Past and Sarcophagus. Don't know that I'm secret about it but I am bemused that others hate these episodes so much.

Glad to have this thread - to see that at least some other people love these episodes also. :-)

rojkerr1
Sand is a brilliant story, between that and Blake for my fave of series 4

GoldChannel
^
I think some people dislike 'Voice From The Past' due to the beady-eyed chap in mummy drag....!

Travisina
GoldChannel wrote:

^
I think some people dislike 'Voice From The Past' due to the beady-eyed chap in mummy drag....!

And because Blake is *so* annoying (forgiveable, as he's been possessed) and Vila is *so* stupid (unforgivable, because he hasn't). Shock
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Panna
I liked The Web. I felt sorry for the baby Zygons.
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

President Solvite
The Web is a great episode..

When rewatching it a few years ago with my younger son, he got most upset when one of the Decimas got 'fried'

I think the costumes and make-up is nicely done.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
briggsy1
The Web holds a special place in my heart as it was the first B7 episode I remember watching as an impressionable 7yo. The scenes with the Decimas attacking the base gave me nightmares for a while afterwards. I think Mary Whitehouse complained about them to the BBC at the time as well.

Panna
briggsy1 wrote:

The Web holds a special place in my heart as it was the first B7 episode I remember watching as an impressionable 7yo. The scenes with the Decimas attacking the base gave me nightmares for a while afterwards. I think Mary Whitehouse complained about them to the BBC at the time as well.

People like her just make the kids want to watch even more. Forbidden fruit and all that. She would have really tripped had she been over here across the pond. LOL

sweevo
Episodes I secretly like:

Shadow

I used to think it was one of the weaker entries in S2, since it didn't develop the overall story arc and none of the main characters with the obvious exceptions of Blake and Avon get used well - even Jenna gets a rare chance to shine. I could have done without the possessed Orac subplot, although I like the idea of Blake showing his darker side openly to the crew (snapping at the crew, yelling at Vila, treating Avon like a child, even shooting down Gan's complaint about the moral and ethical compromise regarding the TN - I was half-expecting him to slap one of the crew by this point, even BEFORE "Pressure Point" ).

Killer

Paul Daneman as Doctor Bellfriar (the voice of Bilbo Baggins in the BBC Radio adaptation of The Hobbit) - the character could have been a useful ally for Blake and the crew in future episodes if the virus hadn't completely consumed Fosforon.

Sarcophagus

Jan Chappell getting an overdue chance to exercise her acting chops, playing a dual role - plus, the metaphysical imagery of the alien's funeral procession and the robed characters, along with the idea of an alien being living, or at least conscious, after death, makes this episode a true science fiction classic.

Games

One of the better efforts in S4, especially with guest star Stratford "Z-Cars" Johns in the role of nerd-cum-swindler Belkov. Plus, this episode has one of Soolin's better haircuts (including Gold and Blake - the "Pineapple Ponytail" combo she had in the earlier episodes doesn't look good on her), and she gets to show off her skills that kill. Smile

Gambit

The subplot with Avon, Vila and Orac makes the episode worth watching, even though much of the episode as a whole doesn't really connect with the overall story arc, although it is nice to have guest star Docholli (the late Denis Carey) survive an episode for a change.

Anniew
I love every single Blakes 7 episode with the possible exception of Traitor- an episode that reads well as a script but I find boring in performance - good dialogue just a bit ponderously directed.

I have a great affection for Harvest of Kairos and Moloch because I find them so funny . Caveman Jarvik, Avon and his Rock, poor old Brian the spider ant, "give her to your men". Avon pointing and then eating his Apple so dramatically, Servalan and Villa, the Kentucky fried chicken monster. What's not to love? Don't tell the feminists though because I know I really shouldn't find these funny, nor Power or Avon belting that woman in Mission to Destiny. But if it's guilty pleasures - I have to be honest and beg forgiveness.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Anniew
Oh and Animals. Traitor and Animals. I'm just soo put off by Justin ( though Andrew Williams fantastic reworking of the story has meant I can now think about it without a shudder ) and I agree it had an interesting idea which wasn't developed and may have worked better with:

Cally instead of Dayna - as originally written
A dishier Justin!

See how double my standards can be? There really is no hope.
And I do enjoy Avon's dramatic slip as he enters the base at a run, for no very good reason.
And I would love a pet Og.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Ellen York
Anniew wrote:

I love every single Blakes 7 episode with the possible exception of Traitor- an episode that reads well as a script but I find boring in performance - good dialogue just a bit ponderously directed.

I have a great affection for Harvest of Kairos and Moloch because I find them so funny . Caveman Jarvik, Avon and his Rock, poor old Brian the spider ant, "give her to your men". Avon pointing and then eating his Apple so dramatically, Servalan and Villa, the Kentucky fried chicken monster. What's not to love? Don't tell the feminists though because I know I really shouldn't find these funny, nor Power or Avon belting that woman in Mission to Destiny. But if it's guilty pleasures - I have to be honest and beg forgiveness.

I don't really care for Moloch, but I'm with you on Kairos. Avon and his pet rock are adorable. I've heard (read) the arguments about the sexism, but Jarvik is so OTT that I can't take him seriously. Definitely a guilty pleasure episode.

rojkerr1
Still like the Keeper! Explosive crossbows, Travis making a pass at Servalan and getting frostbite....the implanted message in the poor fool,,,

JustBrad
rojkerr1 wrote:

Still like the Keeper! Explosive crossbows, Travis making a pass at Servalan and getting frostbite....the implanted message in the poor fool,,,

Agree. I always thought that when Travis makes his play, he's already found Star One. He's offering to take Servalan with him. When she rejects him, he sells out to the Andromedans. It's not in the script per se, but to my eye, this is the way Brian is playing it.

And Sally in that dress.... Krikey.

sweevo
Better than the leather jacket if you ask me.

Phibian
Until yesterday, I hadn't watched any ''Blake's 7'' in about a decade. I haven't even finished season 1 yet and already I find my old opinions on what I remembered as ''bad'' (or at the least ''unenjoyable''Wink have been completely upturned.

I remember really liking a few episodes that most of my ''B7'' buddies didn't rate very highly, so I'm eager to see what I think of them in the cold light of 2015.

''Headhunter'' I absolutely adored (apart from the death of the wife of Muller which was a bit feeble) and remember some creepy moments in the corridors of Xenon base as the crew are pursued by the ''ORAC'' hollering headless robot. Also, I recall Soolin getting some rather good, clever lines....

''Dawn of the Gods'' I thought was an effective character piece with some bizarre costume decisions, and I remember thinking the voice and the appearance of the God were brilliantly at odds with each other with the ultimate revelation of what the creature looked like being nicely ''red-herringed'' by the rather deep, mellifluous voice heard earlier. Cally has always been my very favourite female protagonist, so any story giving her the limelight is a winner with me.

Others I like which may not be the top of the polls would include: ''Animals'', ''Power'', ''Children of Auron'' and ''The Keeper''.

As I say, I'm interested to see what I think of them now after so long in the wilderness....

AvonGreen
I loved Mission To Destiny. It was a whodunnit episode, and clearly nothing to do with the main developing story. It was a great insight into many characters, both Blakes crew and the cluedo like gathering protecting the delivery of an isotope. A great range of characters to try to work out. Plus, if i may boast for a moment, i first saw it as a child and guessed correctly who the culprit was!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.64 seconds
9,865,253 unique visits since 8th January 2014