Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 908
· Newest Rebel: TheElfandherFriends

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Which episode do you secretly love?
blencathra
So which episode do you secretly love that you suspect isn't liked very much by other fans?

Mine is Headhunter. Grin

Firstly, oh how I love it's complete daftness. Tarrant not noticing that Muller's head is missing when he peers under the table at his body. The robot's bizarre colourful costume with monklike hood and enormous shoulder pads. How does he balance Muller's decapitated head on his shoulders BTW? Or does he use glue? I love when Vila is hiding in Dorian's closet with his old smelly underwear and Soolin asks him if this was "a game that anyone can play". I love the stomping robot who is so completely idiotic that it stands over a detonating bomb, and I love how it can squeeze people around the middle and they drop dead. I really must warn my daughter to stop giving me affectionate middle squeezing hugs, as they can obviously be fatal. Grin

More sensibly I love Mary Ridge's direction, and also the fact that the crew are shown living normal lives. Vila yawning and zipping up his outfit. Tarrant lying on a bed, & the aforementioned locker with grimy things hanging in it. I like that it makes the base looked lived in, that real people actually inhabit the place. I like the development in Soolin's character, who didn't seem to have much to do before this episode. I also love the Vila/Soolin team, they are such opposites and I love the contrast. I also like the ending, where Dayna and Tarrant blow the robot up, to Avon's absolute fury. He doesn't get his own way for once.

Headhunter is an episode I watch over and over.

So which is your secret love?

Gauda Cheese
I'll post my episode choice tomorrow, but I will say for now that I love Headhunter! For me it starts the upswing of season D that doesn't let up till the end.

It was also one of the most fun stories to watch with my sister.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

briggsy1
I think Animals had the makings of a good yarn but needed a substantial rewrite by Chris Boucher. At least the genetic engineering storyline was intriguing, but the "aversion therapy" stuff was codswallop. (Is this how the FBI got Lee Harvey Oswald to shoot JFK?)

I liked the idea of developing an army of animals to go into areas contaminated by radiation left over from the Intergalactic War and making it habitable again for humans, but would of liked more details of how this could be achieved - doesn't radiation take an awfully long time to decay?
Also, what depressed me about S4 was the cliché of how all the minor characters always got killed off at the end of the episode. Just for once, surprise us by letting Justin live and join the crew. The episode should have ended with Og serving up tea & biccies on the Scorpio flightdeck - much more upbeat.

GoldChannel
I love Headhunter and Animals.... but I feel no need to be secretive about it!!

President Solvite
I quite like Voice from the Past..

While it is maligned by some it is nowhere near the weakest episode in my view.
Edited by President Solvite on 10 May 2014 23:51:03

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Angry Angel
Good review of Headhunter blencathra! Whilst I'm not a big s4 fan, I definitely enjoyed Headhunter for very much the same reasons when I last watched it. I also enjoy the cheesiness of Assassin more than most people seem to.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Child Of Auron
President Solvite wrote:

I quite like Voice from the Past..

While it is maligned by some it is nowhere near the weakest episode in my view.

I am with you on this one. In much the same way I also have a soft spot for Dawn of the Gods which seemingly has its fair share of haters

Ellen York
I've got a soft spot for Assassin. It is one of the few season 4 episodes that I remember very clearly from when I was a kid. I love the fact the Soolin figured things out while Avon and Tarrant were acting like idiots.

VFTP has some good ideas. It is too bad that the finished product doesn't really do justice to them. I was surprised to find that the episode improved on a second viewing.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Assassin seems a really good episode, especially the great performance by Caroline Holdaway as Piri. No matter how many times other fans try to explain it too me, I still don't understand why its regarded as a poor performance in any way! For me she is brilliant as the quirky and slightly deranged, eccentric even, gadget loving femme fatale. She's like an Avengers diabolical mastermind in space - she's wonderful, and one of the few things I do like about season Derek!
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 11 May 2014 20:04:53
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

rojkerr1
Stardrive, love the ending as Scorpio surges forward on Plaxtons dying scream.... and Vilas drunk act to get Avon and tarrant to do repairs...and the film sequences as they discover what destroyed the pursuit ships...and the asteroid tag, Avons expression is extraordinary when Scorpio is damaged...

meegat39
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Assassin seems a really good episode, especially the great performance by Caroline Holdaway as Piri. No matter how many times other fans try to explain it too me, I still don't understand why its regarded as a poor performance in any way! For me she is brilliant as the quirky and slightly deranged, eccentric even, gadget loving femme fatale. She's like an Avengers diabolical mastermind in space - she's wonderful, and one of the few things I do like season Derek!

I agree, I see nothing wrong in her performance!! Sure I found the character irritating until I worked out what was going on, but there's nothing wrong with the actress's delivery.
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Travisina
It always surprises me when people say they don't like 'Horizon'.

In terms of storytelling and the politics of B7, it's a good snapshot of what's going on in the Federation colonies - a bit like the Romans trying to keep control of the farther flung corners of their Empire, and not always succeeding. And much as I love them, it's nice to have a Federation story that does NOT feature Servalan and Travis. This episode also has one of Avon's best and most quoted lines (you all know the one I mean) as well as his terrific conversation with Orac in which he considers taking the Liberator and going it alone. I also love the fact it looks as though the cast have got the giggles and are trying not to laugh during one of the bare-chested mine scenes. Plus the episode ends with a quip from Vila. What's not to like?
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Angry Angel
Travisina wrote:

It always surprises me when people say they don't like 'Horizon'.

In terms of storytelling and the politics of B7, it's a good snapshot of what's going on in the Federation colonies - a bit like the Romans trying to keep control of the farther flung corners of their Empire, and not always succeeding. And much as I love them, it's nice to have a Federation story that does NOT feature Servalan and Travis. This episode also has one of Avon's best and most quoted lines (you all know the one I mean) as well as his terrific conversation with Orac in which he considers taking the Liberator and going it alone. I also love the fact it looks as though the cast have got the giggles and are trying not to laugh during one of the bare-chested mine scenes. Plus the episode ends with a quip from Vila. What's not to like?

One of my favourites too. I love Blake being interrogated but managing to turn everything onto Ro. And Ro and Selma's costumes are brilliant.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Spaceship Dispatcher
One of my favourite episodes, Horizon.

(that would make a good name for a fan club too! oh...)
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

blencathra
Angry Angel wrote:

Good review of Headhunter blencathra! Whilst I'm not a big s4 fan, I definitely enjoyed Headhunter for very much the same reasons when I last watched it. I also enjoy the cheesiness of Assassin more than most people seem to.

Thanks! I'm another fan of Assassin as well.

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Assassin seems a really good episode, especially the great performance by Caroline Holdaway as Piri. No matter how many times other fans try to explain it too me, I still don't understand why its regarded as a poor performance in any way! For me she is brilliant as the quirky and slightly deranged, eccentric even, gadget loving femme fatale. She's like an Avengers diabolical mastermind in space - she's wonderful, and one of the few things I do like about season Derek!

Totally agree with this. I can't understand it either. She was excellent as the irritating and slightly dotty Piri and cold and calculating as Cancer. I particularly liked the part when Nebrox said something about that vile stuff the slaves had to eat... mangham... mangan... the mashed banana, and Piri didn't know what he was talking about. You could see her face harden and you get a glimpse of who she really is. I like that bit.

Gauda Cheese
My answer is going to be boring, because apart from Googly Eyed Terrorist & Don't Run the Math On That Relationship, I like every episode.

I will say though that the "most maligned" episode that I like is Black Holes and Bald Dwarves.

I think the story has some fun little character moments as well as being full of ideas. Its far from perfect, but its never boring. The only niggle for me is Vila just sitting there instead of trying to escape the prison cell.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

JustBrad
All of them. I would rather watch Animals, or Dawn... or Voice... than almost anything else on Telly.

Frankymole
Gauda Cheese wrote:

My answer is going to be boring, because apart from Googly Eyed Terrorist
Which one is that? Voice?

trevor travis
I don't think I secretly love any of the episodes.

Instead I openly love 50 of them (only VFTP and Animals don't work IMO; Animals has scripting problems, and Voice suffers from characters being very stupid).

Frankymole
I just put characters acting very stupid in Voice down to the "brain damper" used by Ven Glynd actually affecting everyone, not just Blake. It's a leaky damper.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.77 seconds
9,108,388 unique visits since 8th January 2014