Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 908
· Newest Rebel: TheElfandherFriends

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Your fav creature,Monster of T Baker era
Invisible shadow
Mandrels I liked for some reason that I haven't quite worked out.

Mandrels may actually be fungus-based

They had the unusual characteristic that they decomposed down into a pile of lumpy white powder, the dangerous, addictive drug vraxoin, after being electrocuted

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Mandrel

I clicked on the make e-mail clickable box thingie

trevor travis
My favourite monster of this era is Tom Baker Wink

Gauda Cheese
trevor travis wrote:

Oh snap!
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

Coser
It just has to be the BBCs take on the "Monster from the ID" from the film "Forbidden Planet". The invisible monster of Zeta Minor in the story "Planet of Evil".
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

rojkerr1
dead right coser, even the costumes mimic forbidden planet. Fond of the krynoid concept too from that era, season 13 my fave I think if i have to choose one, but 12 and 14 and 18 brill too

Grade Four Ignorant
trevor travis wrote:

Lalla Ward said the same.

JustBrad
I quite liked the three vampires in State of Decay.

Invisible shadow
The Planet of Evil costumes are a bit similar to Ace Frehley's 1976 era costume. I like the floating eye survelliance device also.

http://www.kissfanshop.de/AceFrehley/ace76b.jpg

OK, no luck with make clickable box.

The Occuloid.
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/CategoryPfftlanet_of_Evil_TV_story_images?file=Oculoid.jpg

Ok, that didn't work either.
Edited by Invisible shadow on 11 May 2014 22:20:31

Travisina
Hi Invisible Shadow -

To make links clickable, you need to highlight them before clicking the correct box (the one with the picture of the globe and arrow, next to the one for underlining).

You can also make links clickable by inserting the HTML codes before and after the link, which are [url] in front and [/url] afterwards. Make sure there are no spaces between these codes and the address itself, otherwise it won't work. Highlighting and clicking on the box is obviously quicker and easier.

Either way, for a link to be clickable, it needs to look like this when you've done it: [url]website address[/url]

Hope that helps.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Space Chopper
The three main ones for me were the Wirrn- gave me chills, the Krynoid, which was a lovely homage to Thing From Another World, and my big favourite, Kroll. Probably the most ambitious monster- a huge squid, more than a mile across!
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

trevor travis
Grade Four Ignorant wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Lalla Ward said the same.

Apart from she replaced the word "favourite" with another one GrinGrin

Spaceresearcher
For me, well this is cliched I know but I agree with Tom Baker, my favourite monster is 'The Zygons'(which made it very painful for us Zygon fans as 'Terror Of The Zygons' was the very last Tom Baker story to be released on DVD and shame on the BBC for that grave error).

Runners up would be: Sutek, Morbius and the evil Robots Of Death.

Oh the monster in 'The Horror Of Fang Rock' was superb. So simple, so effective and very very Tom Baker.

Coser
Yes, the Zygons of the Tom Baker era were magnificent. The modern ones ...... Not so much.

Sutekh, and Morbius were brilliant. Up until the moment Sutekh's mask is made to vanish anyway. Morbius as a brain in a jar was not that good, but once installed in that mongrol of a body, wow!

The robots, to me, were not a monster, that went to Taran Capel for that episode. The robots were just his pawns.

And although I was not that impressed with the beach ball covered in bubblewrap and sprayed green that was the Rutan in HoFR, it did stay with me, so that when I started playing the "Guitar Hero" series of games on PS2, I named my band "Fang Rock" - evoking the full title "The Horror of "Fang Rock"!"Grin
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

rojkerr1
Think lalla ward called TB 'mr ego' on the leisure hive dvd commentary!

Invisible shadow
Well, TB may have had his not so fine moments as all of us do, he did also take Who to the stellar heights, lucky for us. Jimi H hits girls I learned recently, our heroes have flaws as it turns out.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.45 seconds
9,107,674 unique visits since 8th January 2014