Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Big Finish - suggestions thread
clareblues1
I think this is something we had on the old forum, so I thought I'd bring it back...

Difficult though it is for BF to follow up on story suggestions because of copyright issues, I'm hoping that suggestions for any characters and pairings that we'd like to see being given an outing is acceptable.
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

JustBrad
Anything with Blake or Jenna (or both) between Star One and Blake.

Anything with Avon or Tarrant (but not both, obviously) pre TWB. It would be interesting to see how each got to be the way he is.
Edited by JustBrad on 30 April 2014 20:58:04

clareblues1
I'd certainly like to have more stories with Tarrant and a good start has been made, with another to look forward to in Vol 9.

Having Steven play Deeta again interests me quite a lot. Although he only featured in one episode I would most certainly welcome a new story that revisits the character. I'd be fascinated to hear Steven recreating the different characterisations between Del and Deeta once again, but in a new way.

Someone in the Vol 9 thread mentioned pairing Tarrant and Cally and I'll certainly back that one too. They worked well together in 'Harvest' and I'd like to see more of that taken forward.

Vila/Tarrant - yes that would be intriguing too, especially given their fractious relationship!

**Yes I know I'm biased when it comes to the tall, curly haired one...** I'll leave the rest of the thread for 'normal' discussion! LOL
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Bring back Bayban the Butcher in a prequel episode.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

briggsy1
A Dr.WHO/B7 crossover story perhaps featuring both crews joining forces to take on the Daleks. (Didn't Terry Nation want to go down this route in the episode Star One?)

Spaceship Dispatcher
Not sure there's enough consensus of opinion that Blake's 7 occurs in a corner of the Doctor Who universe for Big Finish to take a chance with a crossover story. Perhaps a story from each series that shares a common planet and culture, if its created in enough detail, would test the water. For me, there are lots of parallel universe scenarios in Doctor Who and the avenue of history where the Earth Empire became the Federation could be one of them. The main obstacle to a crossover however might not even be canon related but contractual since the licences are held by different organisations...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

BradPaula
I'll side with SD and say Big Finish should bring back Bayban. Colin Baker already does his Doctor Who line, he could do one for us.

Also- I've been floating this idea around the various Forums lately and hope Big Finish listens. With the popularity of the Liberator Chronicles guest starring Tom Chadbon as Del Grant, I think Big Finish should consider doing a sequel to Doctor Who's City of Death. I think the Doctor and Romana could somehow end up in Paris again and either look up or find Duggan, probably still an art detective. They could call it City of Light or any other name, the important part would be they would be reprising a role which is very popular in the classic Doctor Who universe- Duggan. I'm sure Tom would agree to do it, as he was quite excited about playing the role of Duggan again if you listen to the behind the scenes conversations on the City disc. Heck, I'd even go as far to push a series of Del Grant: Mercenary for Hire audios itself, but that is getting greedy and I'd much rather have others see their dreams come true first. Only sayin... -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

With the popularity of the Liberator Chronicles guest starring Tom Chadbon as Del Grant... -Paula

'ere we go Grin

BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

With the popularity of the Liberator Chronicles guest starring Tom Chadbon as Del Grant... -Paula

'ere we go Grin

Too hard a sell, SD? Grin My new motto: Never give up! Never give it a rest! Yes, Big Finish knows me......
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Well, I'll support Duggan: The New Adventures if it ever comes along Grin

Lentila
This is a good idea for a thread. Thanks, Clareblues1!

I like the idea of a B7/Doctor Who crossover as well.
I would like a Blake and Vila story.
I would also like to come across the shape-shifting Andromedans again.
Tarrant and Vila would be good too. And could we hear more about Avalon's resistance group?
I wonder if some stories about very early days on the Liberator would work - when they're still exploring their strange alien ship?

Spaceship Dispatcher
Lentila wrote:

I wonder if some stories about very early days on the Liberator would work - when they're still exploring their strange alien ship?

Great idea! Can we have a 3-hander with Gareth, Paul and Sally set between Space Fall and Cygnus Alpha please!

Gauda Cheese
One word....... Scorpio.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

Angry Angel
Lots of good ideas! Bringing back characters like Deeta and Bayban would work really well, and also helps avoid treading too hard on the toes of continuity - it's quite difficult to fit too many adventures into the spaces between the episodes.

A B7/Who crossover would be fun, in a really non-canon way.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Joe Dredd
Gauda Cheese wrote:

One word....... Scorpio.

As soon as the talented Mr. Lock has mastered his Slave voice, it'll be on!

Gauda Cheese
Joe Dredd wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

One word....... Scorpio.

As soon as the talented Mr. Lock has mastered his Slave voice, it'll be on!

Love Lock's Orac and Zen, not a direct copy, but not a parody either. Juuuuuust right.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

trevor travis
How long before Paula tries to persuade Big Finish to do a series around the character from “Casualty”, Professor Henry Williams? Or maybe that character who appeared in a James Bond film (can’t remember which one) for 18 seconds?GrinGrin

(I’m currently safe – as it’s another whole year until Paula will be over again, so she can’t attack me with any Welsh road signs). Wink

Spaceresearcher
Lentila wrote:

This is a good idea for a thread. Thanks, Clareblues1!

I like the idea of a B7/Doctor Who crossover as well.
I would like a Blake and Vila story.
I would also like to come across the shape-shifting Andromedans again.
Tarrant and Vila would be good too. And could we hear more about Avalon's resistance group?

The shape shifting Andromedan's pose a terrific plethora of stories and I was really surprised that no more were forth coming in the televised series. This is an area that could be filled in with some audio dramatizations for sure.

Spaceresearcher
Have to agree with Gauda Cheese and Joe Dredd. SCORPIO adventures. There's got to be a pile of stories between season 3 and 4 not to mention a lot of blanks in between stories for Season 4.

What a great opportunity to turn the tide of Season 4's thumbs down crowd by presenting detailed and interesting stories to shed new light on the adventures.

What I'm finding in the recent series is that there's a lot of cast only dramatizations which is great but the televised series featured for lack of an instantly better term 'more action'.

Understandably it's hard to convey the action without visuals at times but I'd argue that sound effects can give the imagination most of the ammunition required to produce the same effect in terms of audio action sequences filled with sound effects to replace visuals.

It was great in the recent 'Mirror' to have the additional characters as well. How our heroes interact with other characters is an important part of Blakes 7.

Another point I'd like to make is that the adventures are a touch short at times. Personally I think it takes twice the audio to equal the same amount of screen time, due to the extra dialogue and effects etc that the listener needs to receive in order to paint the complete picture which is told in a fraction of the time with visuals.

So it would be great to see an adventure that took place over 2 discs, that would equal a whole televised episode to me. (The Armageddon Storm was a terrific example of a full audio episode to me. It would be great if some of 'The Liberator Chronicles could be given the full cast treatment to accompany the cast read stories in the chronicles. This would add another dimension to the characters reflections(as is often the case in TLC)).

Never the less I'm so very grateful the full cast audio adventures are happening, there superb and I'm really enjoying hearing my favourite scifi characters in action again.

Perhaps another aspect I'd like to see is new 'bizarre' encounters with new races and aliens taking place. I still enjoy the encounter with the massive brain or the run down with 'The System' in the televised episodes for example. That's something which is very Blakes 7 and always surprised me in the show.

Essentially that element of 'anything is possible in the new adventures' keep them exciting. There was a fellow fan on the forums who made a good point and that was 'not to just connect the dots, but to bring in new imagination'. That's an aspect which I feel Terry Nation would agree with, keeping new surprises in store. Strange worlds, new planets, lifeforms etc. It would be a shame if it just stayed 'cast meets one new member of the resistance, Travis get's mad, Federation is alluded by the crew, repeat for the next episode' sort of deal. While it's probably easier to do characters based around the struggle with the federation, new characters and personalities keep things more interesting. They don't have to be human either.

Yikes I was telling myself to keep it short as well.....

blencathra
I love all the ideas on here. Count me as another who would love a Doctor Who/Blake's 7 crossover.

I think I could just possibly pass out if such a thing came to pass. Grin I was listening to the recent Big Finish 4th Doctor/Leela adventure, The Evil One, which also stars Michael Keating. It's so close to having Vila on board the TARDIS I could weep.

I would really like Big Finish to do something with Blake's 7 like they did with the Doctor Who Unbound series, which poses the question "What if..." and offer a tantalising glimpse of alternative realities. Then presumably anything goes...

Or what about Lost Stories? Are there any unused stories or ideas that could be made into audio plays?
Edited by blencathra on 01 May 2014 15:51:44

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.59 seconds
9,174,946 unique visits since 8th January 2014