Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Hermit.org - R.I.P. (?)
Travisina
Bummer. Do you know if they're transferring the Sevencyclopedia and episode transcripts? I'll be lost without those!
In fact, I was reading 'Gambit' only yesterday, to research my as-yet-unwritten-eek-only-4-days-to-go Travis ficlet.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Mistletoe12
Travisina wrote:

Bummer. Do you know if they're transferring the Sevencyclopedia and episode transcripts? I'll be lost without those!
In fact, I was reading 'Gambit' only yesterday, to research my as-yet-unwritten-eek-only-4-days-to-go Travis ficlet.

I don't know! But yes, where would we all be without those transcripts!

JustBrad
The transcripts page is indeed down.

Joe Dredd
Travisina wrote:

Don't forget that the episode transcripts aren't anything that Judith produced herself. They were originally transcribed back in 1993 by members of Lysator, the B7 mailing Lyst and you can still access them from the website of that powerful shadowy figure behind the Lyst, Calle Dybedahl: Transcripts of "Blake's 7" episodes.

If Sevencyclopaedia is not going to AO3, could we ask if Horizon can host it?

winnie-l
Joe Dredd you were a few min ahead of me!

Travisina wrote:
A Version (it was probably a copy from hermit) of scripts here:
ftp://ftp.lysator.liu.se/pub/blake7/scripts/
They are *riddled* with errors :( but then so are the ones at hermit. (lysator's slightly worse.)
Long ago I emailed Judith about some corrections; she did some; but then she didn't want to do any more corrections (didn't want to spend any time on it). Sad / too bad.

GAN: No tacks. Can't be in regular use, anyway. I wonder what's behind it?
("tacks" s/be "tracks")

TARRNAT: It looks as if we survived the slingshot orbit.
"Tarrnat"?!

[Avon and Tarrant break into Servalna's empty office, ..... ?!
"Servalna"?!

DAYNA: [VO through lots of static] I can heardly hear you.
'heardly'?!

beleive, discrete (s/b discreet), aabout, supsicious, possiblity, quesion.... lots & lots. 30.DawnOfTheGods one of the worst. (Transcription, not the episode.)

Use with caution.

Joe Dredd
Thanks (and hello) Winnie!

The ftp archive was the original repository for the scripts so they should be the earliest versions and therefore (I assume) the most in need of correction.

The http site includes a note that Richard (Judith's husband) had converted the text to HTML so there is some crossover between the transcripts as they appeared on hermit.org and on the http site.

One of the advantages of the ftp site is that it also includes transcripts of the four compilation video tapes. These were made by editing the relevant transcripts together so it's possible that any errors in the episode transcripts will be carried over to the compilation transcripts too.

I don't know who Judith could have asked for permission to host the transcripts on her site (Calle?). Again, there may be an opportunity for Horizon to add this as a resource... especially with eagle-eyed helpers ensuring the typos and transcription errors were weeded out.

Anniew
Great idea Joe.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Anniew
And Winnie!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Joe Dredd
Also... you can access a copy of the hermit.org website via the Wayback machine, including the Sevencyclopaedia.

(Wayback also has the scripts page: here. With reference to the idea of putting them on Horizon too, it's interesting to note the only covering text hermit.org has says "These are html formatted scripts based on those stored at Lysator", with a link to the ftp site.)

winnie-l
Joe Dredd, thanks VERY much for that link to the old Hermit B7 scripts.
The ftp archive was the original repository for the scripts so they should be the earliest versions and therefore (I assume) the most in need of correction.
Well, no - not if the dates in them are to be believed. Eg the very first episode 01.WayBack

http://www.lysator.liu.se/~calle/b7list/b7scripts/WayBack.html

has "Format (c) 1992 by Micky DuPree." at the top, & starts out:

*? = unintelligible

P.A. Attention. Level thirty-eight walkways will be closed for one hour.
Level thirty-eight cardholders must report to Central immediately.

whereas the ftp site:
ftp://ftp.lysator.liu.se/pub/blake7/scripts/01.The_Way_Back
says "Format (c) 1994 by Susan Clerc, Micky DuPree, Carol Reed and Susan Beth Schnitger." So that's 2 years later, and it starts out with [descriptive]:

NOTE: ______ = unintelligible

[A security camera monitors a sterile white hallway. Thoroughout this
scene other people pass through the area in a lackadaisical, "out of
it" manner while the P.A. broadcasts soothing music and announcements.
Blake stops and looks around before moving on]
P.A.: Attention. Level thirty-eight walkways will be closed for etc etc

(Note: Thoroughout s/b Throughout !)
The ftp version includes a *lot* of description compared to the others:

RAVELLA: [Waiting behind a pillar labeled L/37] Roj.
BLAKE: Ah, Ravella.
RAVELLA: [She pulls him behind the pillar] Did you have any trouble?

None of the [descriptive] is in the ~calle version nor hermit. Personally I rather like that version, with the descriptive stuff.

Sooo, maybe someone should look at the dates at the top disclaimer in all 3 versions?

Also, in 2009 as said I urged Judith to do some corrections. She did, so the versions at Hermit do have a _few_ corrections, eg:

19.Trial:
SAMOR: Specify the inditement. (s/b indictment)
It's corrected in the Hermit version, not in either lysator version.

20.Killer
BELLFRIAR: Well, if it's a poison, it must be diapedesistic, something they got on their skins when they were bailing Wiler out.
BELLFRIAR: Good God. /* there is no such line here! */
That line (not in the episode, at least not there) is still in both lysator versions, not in Hermit version ( = corrected).
Pity I didn't at that time notify Judith of other 20.Killer errors:

JENNA: We've picked somthing up. s/somthing/something/
TYNUS: We send a ship to investigate. s/send/sent/
Also Wiler is spelled Wyler in 2 (only 2) spots, everywhere else Wiler

26.StarOne:
BLAKE: Jenna, how long before we reach Lurgan's coordiates?
Fixed to be "coordinates" @ Hermit, still misspelled @ both lysator

30.Dawn of the gods
ORAC: ALL black holes are facinating.
facinating should be fascinating, the line corrected at Hermit in that one spot - it's misspelled in Avon's line just above still though! (sigh) Still spelled wrong @ both lysator versions.

36.Ultraworld
Ultra 1: That is our mission. To gather and accumulate information on all know worlds and civilization.
know should be known - fixed @ Hermit, not @ either lysator version

44.Animals
DAYNA: We are lead by a man called Avon. He thinks we need someone
lead (pronounced as the metal) should be led (from lead, verb). Corrected @ Hermit, not either lyator version

45.Headhunter
VILA: [ Coming round. ] Soolin?
No - it's Tarrant who murmurs that not Vila. Corrected @ Hermit, not either lysator version

Sorry - proofreaders do go on don't they? Moral of story: recommend save all 3 versions ASAP for eventual publish on Horizon.
especially with eagle-eyed helpers ensuring the typos and transcription errors were weeded out.
Glad to help. But also must say, some of those early transcribers did an AMAZING job. Even with the DVDs - I don't know, was the audio supposed to be cleaned up from the old tape versions? - I can't always make out what someone's saying. But there is it in the transcript, WOW! Good ears, many careful listens, & lip reading, I think! They were working from VHS copies - amazing. Mucho grateful to them!

Joe Dredd
Hi Winnie,

I agree, those transcribers did a great job and we certainly have benefited massively from the fruits of their labours.

You might be interested in reading a little bit of the history of the B7 transcript project on Fanlore (Click). I'm sure it touches on their decision regarding how descriptive to get in the scripts, as well as documenting how one or two people captured the dialogue. A very labour intensive process and obviously one of much dedication.

I'd rather see the three versions of the transcripts turned into a definitive single set. It's a good resource to have but having three different versions on line could lead to confusion.

President Solvite
I agree, it was a very useful project that has been an invaluable fan reference for all sorts of reasons. I also agree that various versions should be merged into one format (with all the typo errors removed)

It would be good to perhaps get Horizon to host a version of the episode transcripts. But obviously some conversations need to be had before this can be agreed/done.

But speaking personally here, I don't see why a bespoke refined version of the transcripts cannot be hosted here. It would ensure this marvellous effort lives on for all fans to enjoy and use, for fan fic creation and other projects/efforts.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Joe Dredd
I agree but I wasn't sure whether the BBC has any viewpoint on fansites hosting complete (tran)scripts of every episode of the show. They may not care one jot but as the premier B7 site I know Horizon has to be like Caesar's wife.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.44 seconds
9,825,165 unique visits since 8th January 2014