Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,308
· Newest Rebel: Rachel_4_Avon

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [46 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [30 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [35 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [27 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 209
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
40th Season D Anniversary Rewatch - D5 Animals
JustBrad
Dear Mum,

Tarrant and Dayna went to see an old friend of Daynas. Emphasis on old, at least compared to her, and double emphasis on friend. I won’t say there is anything untoward in their relationship, I’ll only say that similar allegations on Earth led to my first meeting with Blake and our exile to Cygnus Alpha….

But Dayna’s friend Justin wasn’t political, he was a genetic engineer doing important research for the Federation, so instead of a one way ticket to CA, he got a research lab on a remote planet.

Oh, and Tarrant came back without Dayna. I remember when Avon came back without Jenna… and when Blake came back without Cally…. And …. I’m sensing a trend here.

And guess who got the dirty job of cleaning up Tarrant’s mess on Scorpio. On Xenon base, as on Earth, the Alphas make the mess and leave it to the Deltas to clean up. Meet the new order, same as the old order.

Once the ship was fixed we went to collect Dayna. We met Justin, Servalan, (or should I say Sleer), and Justin’s work. Talk about big hairy aliens…. And their leader, OG.. I think OG is short for OGiveMeAHomeWhereTheBuffaloRoam.

As I mentioned, Servalan was there, adjusting Dayna’s head, but like Blake’s head, and my head, it didn’t stay adjusted. While rescuing Dayna, Avon slipped on something in the floor. Everyone blames Og, even though Justin was the only one in the lab. And that’s all I have to say on the subject.

We had the usual luck, meaning Justin is dead. Og is Dead, and Servalan is alive.

Another dead scientist. Here’s hoping we have better luck next week.

Love, Vila

PS do you know any good remedies for flea bites?
Men of Harlech cease your dreaming, can't you see their street signs gleaming...

trevor travis
The episode: Derek Five – Animals (Carry On Og, Saviour Of The Universe)
The date: Tuesday, October 26th, 2021
The time: 7.45pm UK time

A reminder of the Season Derek drinking game, with one special addition for this episode:

Here’s the number of sips/swigs per each of these:
Avon is knocked unconscious 1
A scientist dies (per scientist) 5
A member of the main cast wears the same costume as last week (per costume) 2
There’s the sequence (or part of the sequence) of Scorpio landing / taking off at Xenon Base 3
Vila drinks something red (per scene) 10
Tarrant falls in love 5
Soolin shoots someone (per person) 5
Slave says “sorry” (each mention) 1
Each mention of “Sleer” 2
Avon laughs manically and/or smiles inappropriately 5
There’s a downbeat ending in sharp contrast to the jangly end theme 10
The final shot of the episode includes Paul Darrow 3
A member of the main cast is killed or stunned (per cast member) 1 bottle of wine / 1 can of beer
Avon slips up on Og poo 20

Back to the episode, and the planet Earth is under attack from the Evil Emperor Ming and only one creature can save us… Og, Saviour Of The Universe. Oh drat, what do you mean they never actually made that episode and we have to watch Animals instead?

Episode in a word: Og.
Characters to cheer: There’s only one character it can be. He’s witting, he’s charming, he’s brave, he’s dashing and he’s also a bit hairy. Og, we salute you.
Character to boo: Creepy Justin. Poor Dayna. Let’s all have a big BOO!!! for Justin.
Is Soolin looking lovely this week: Yes.
Recognisable Face: Kevin Stoney (Ardus) featured in Doctor Who as two classic villains – he was Mavic Chen in the Daleks’ Masterplan and Tobias Vaughan in The Invasion.
Best exchange: AVON: “Somebody has to go down and you are the one with the delicate touch, Vila.” TARRANT: “Magic hands. You've often said so yourself.” VILA: “Why do I get all the dirty jobs?”
Blake's 7 will return in “Carry On, Don’t Lose Your Head” (which is the title of an actual Carry On Film).

sweevo
Oh, boy... I'm in for a long ride.

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:
Og is Dead

A mere flesh wound. Impossible to kill Og with a mere bullet, he can enter radioactive areas and all sorts Wink

GanMiniMe
trevor travis wrote:

JustBrad wrote:
Og is Dead

A mere flesh wound. Impossible to kill Og with a mere bullet, he can enter radioactive areas and all sorts Wink

Or maybe he regenerates?? Grin The question is, who or what would a regenerated Og look like?

trevor travis
GanMiniMe wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

JustBrad wrote:
Og is Dead

Or maybe he regenerates?? Grin The question is, who or what would a regenerated Og look like?

Shush, you're spoiling the surprise that Og is the 14th Doctor GrinGrin

Iain Short
GanMiniMe wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

JustBrad wrote:
Og is Dead

Blake! He'd look like Blake! I know that's unlikely - but it would explain a lot of things.

Iain Short
As for Animals itself...

It's a cumulative affect, but after Traitor, Star-Drive and then THIS, 40 years ago I was ready to stop watching. Luckily Headhunter came around which my young self found delightful.

I do find all of series 4 so much more enjoyable to rewatch these days though.

littlesue
trevor travis wrote:

GanMiniMe wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

JustBrad wrote:
Og is Dead

Shush, you're spoiling the surprise that Og is the 14th Doctor GrinGrin

Anything is possible!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

littlesue
Tonight I'm on my big flat screen TV as someone is watching the footie on the Comp.
So. let's see...tea, biccies & choccie and it's quite nice and warm in this 'ere front room!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Lorna
After a busy few Tuesdays I am able to join you tonight. I have my usual shandy to hand!!

One Spare Part
Lorna wrote:

After a busy few Tuesdays I am able to join you tonight. I have my usual shandy to hand!!

Shandy! And a chaser? Grin
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

BradPaula
Hello everyone.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

One Spare Part
Hello all. My fave bit of this ep is when Justin meets his maker. Creepy guy, creepy thinking of him and Dayna...

Lorna
One Spare Part wrote:

Lorna wrote:

I would be too drunk to type!!

Lorna
One Spare Part wrote:

Hello all. My fave bit of this ep is when Justin meets his maker. Creepy guy, creepy thinking of him and Dayna...

Shock

M1795537 OC Virn
Hello all, especially Lorna. Good to have you with us again.

Now, it seems to me that there's quite a lot of this 'dead - not dead' thing goes on in B7. Especially towards the end. Og's definitely not dead - obviously, he's faking it, to have access to the lab and all the food, weapons etc etc after everyone else goes away.

Servalan couldn't be dead, because she's Servalan. And that episode we watch at Christmas is a complete fairy tale.
You're not sulking, I hope?

One Spare Part
Lorna wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Lorna wrote:

Dew it offen enouff an youll get the ang offit....

Lorna
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Hello all, especially Lorna. Good to have you with us again.

Now, it seems to me that there's quite a lot of this 'dead - not dead' thing goes on in B7. Especially towards the end. Og's definitely not dead - obviously, he's faking it, to have access to the lab and all the food, weapons etc etc after everyone else goes away.

Servalan couldn't be dead, because she's Servalan. And that episode we watch at Christmas is a complete fairy tale.

Thanks it's good to be back!!

BradPaula
Lorna wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Lorna wrote:

When did that ever stop us??
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.63 seconds
36,651,122 unique visits since 8th January 2014