Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,308
· Newest Rebel: Rachel_4_Avon

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [46 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [30 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [35 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [27 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 209
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Watching B7 for the First Time on FORCES TV
Supreme Commander
Here's a thread for discussing your thoughts about the episodes screened so far and what they might be leading to...

S1: The Way Back; Space Fall; Cygnus Alpha; Time Squad; The Web; Seek-Locate-Destroy; Mission to Destiny; Duel; Project Avalon; Breakdown; Bounty; Deliverance; Orac

S2: Redemption; Shadow; Weapon; Horizon; Pressure Point; Trial; Killer; Hostage; Countdown; Voice from the Past; Gambit; The Keeper; Star One

S3: Aftermath; Powerplay; Volcano; Dawn of the Gods; Harvest of Kairos; City at the Edge of the World; Children of Auron; Rumours of Death; Sarcophagus; Ultraworld; Moloch; Death-Watch; Terminal

S4: Rescue; Power; Traitor; Stardrive; Animals; Headhunter; Assassin; Games; Sand; Gold; Orbit; Warlord; Blake

And now you've seen them all - hope you weren't too traumatised by the ending...

We understand Forces TV are planning to re-show the series again in the new year so no doubt there will again be 'new souls for the faith' and the rest of us can watch it all over again...
Edited by Supreme Commander on 27 November 2021 01:53:05

Skaro_Bujj
Supreme Commander wrote:

Here's a thread for discussing your first thoughts about Breakdown.

I haven't had time to watch it yet tonight but remember it as being a favourite from S1. I vividly remember those dramatic scenes between Blake and Kayn (played by the wonderful Julian Glover) and wondering if Blake really would have gone through with his threat. All these years later I still can't make up my mind and curious to know what new first-time viewers think.

I was surprised at first when they teleported them back unscathed! I thought the assistant would have stayed too! Fantastic episode though! The ending was extremely satisfying!!
Angry Bujj Angry

Supreme Commander
Skaro_Bujj wrote:

Supreme Commander wrote:

Here's a thread for discussing your first thoughts about Breakdown.

I haven't had time to watch it yet tonight but remember it as being a favourite from S1. I vividly remember those dramatic scenes between Blake and Kayn (played by the wonderful Julian Glover) and wondering if Blake really would have gone through with his threat. All these years later I still can't make up my mind and curious to know what new first-time viewers think.

I was surprised at first when they teleported them back unscathed! I thought the assistant would have stayed too! Fantastic episode though! The ending was extremely satisfying!!

I expect Kayn's assistant was sorely tempted and spent his last moments wishing he had.

I partially found the ending satisfying (since obviously Gan was saved and recovered and the Liberator flew off to fight another day) but there were quite a few people on the space station that weren't Federation Bad Guys so a bit of a shame for them. Plus I adore Julian Glover so although his character was not a nice man, his death meant it was highly unlikely that Julian would be reappearing in some future episode. Wink

Skaro_Bujj
I am totally in mourning for Gan currently! Also am very confused by Travis Mark 2! Any idea why the original Travis moved onto nee adventures? Mark 2 travis is ok, but I prefer the original!
Angry Bujj Angry

Supreme Commander
Skaro_Bujj wrote:

I am totally in mourning for Gan currently! Also am very confused by Travis Mark 2! Any idea why the original Travis moved onto nee adventures? Mark 2 travis is ok, but I prefer the original!

I was in total shock when Gan died and I remember crying, hearing his last words to Blake. Now, re-watching the episode it is still a very moving scene (despite my having watched it many MANY times over the years) and with added poignancy as the lovely David Jackson is no longer with us.

Stephen Greif was disappointed at Travis's lack of character development 'I'll get you Blake...' did start to wear a little thin. Nevertheless, he would have played Travis in S2 but had been offered a good part in a TV film starring Ian McShane which was set in the South of France and had agreed to do it. He asked if his Blake's 7 filming could be done around his filming for the movie but it wasn't possible so they re-cast Travis, as you spotted.

I think Brian Croucher was given something of a poisoned chalice being cast as Travis Mk 2. His acting style and voice were so very different and not remotely explained away by the 'he was sent off for corrective training' explanation.

Travisina
Supreme Commander wrote:

I think Brian Croucher was given something of a poisoned chalice being cast as Travis Mk 2. His acting style and voice were so very different and not remotely explained away by the 'he was sent off for corrective training' explanation...

...but has been a rich seam to mine for writers of fan fiction! And also pro fiction - there's an excellent audiobook from Big Finish - 'Outlaw' by Trevor Baxendale, read by Stephen Greif. However, I won't link to it here, 'cos the blurb contains spoilers!
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

littlesue
My GRandson, then 9, was also shocked when Gan fell victim to that bomb blast and the slowly closing door. He whispered "Is he dead?"
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Obsidian
Why is it mainly all these old flakes chatting on the Newbies thread? Hmmm?

Couldn't help myself, had to look.

Travis II is plainly Travis I with more than just his arm replaced. He's had some serious plastic surgery; had his legs lengthened (they break 'em and then insert metal extensions); they've slimmed him off a bit and made his feet bigger to balance it all out. They've given him a down home accent as well, but, funnily enough, they've left the dodgy eye for scary effect.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Supreme Commander
Travisina wrote:

Supreme Commander wrote:

I think Brian Croucher was given something of a poisoned chalice being cast as Travis Mk 2. His acting style and voice were so very different and not remotely explained away by the 'he was sent off for corrective training' explanation...

...but has been a rich seam to mine for writers of fan fiction! And also pro fiction - there's an excellent audiobook from Big Finish - 'Outlaw' by Trevor Baxendale, read by Stephen Greif. However, I won't link to it here, 'cos the blurb contains spoilers!

That is true, Travisina, lots of great speculative fiction.

Perhaps you can add the link to 'Outlaw' next weekend, after Forces TV have screened Star One...

Merged on 16 October 2021 13:15:
littlesue wrote:

My GRandson, then 9, was also shocked when Gan fell victim to that bomb blast and the slowly closing door. He whispered "Is he dead?"

Bless. I was a fair bit older than 9 when I first saw it and that's what I was saying in my head too. I was sure they'd find out later that he wasn't (like Cally in Seek-Locate-Destroy) and go back and rescue him the following week but no, he was dead.

A real shock to the system as I'd heard no spoilers about the death of a crew member and it did exactly what it was meant to - made me wonder if more of them would be killed in future episodes.

Merged on 16 October 2021 13:16:
Obsidian wrote:

Travis II is plainly Travis I with more than just his arm replaced. He's had some serious plastic surgery; had his legs lengthened (they break 'em and then insert metal extensions); they've slimmed him off a bit and made his feet bigger to balance it all out. They've given him a down home accent as well, but, funnily enough, they've left the dodgy eye for scary effect.

They had given him a smaller eyepatch though... Sad
Edited by Supreme Commander on 16 October 2021 12:16:25

Skaro_Bujj
Supreme Commander wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Supreme Commander wrote:

That is true, Travisina, lots of great speculative fiction.

Perhaps you can add the link to 'Outlaw' next weekend, after Forces TV have screened Star One...

Merged on 16 October 2021 13:15:
littlesue wrote:

Bless. I was a fair bit older than 9 when I first saw it and that's what I was saying in my head too. I was sure they'd find out later that he wasn't (like Cally in Seek-Locate-Destroy) and go back and rescue him the following week but no, he was dead.

A real shock to the system as I'd heard no spoilers about the death of a crew member and it did exactly what it was meant to - made me wonder if more of them would be killed in future episodes.

Merged on 16 October 2021 13:16:
Obsidian wrote:

They had given him a smaller eyepatch though... Sad

I did notice the slight change in eye patch! I had my suspicions in a voice from the past it was him in disguise!

Just caught up with Gambit. Was great to see Aubrey Wood! He plays a great villain! I was confused at first with the regency outfits, but it was well explained! Iíve seen a few who episodes written by Robert Holmes, so knew it would be an interesting one! Star One sounds like itís going to be especially climatic from all the build up!
Angry Bujj Angry

briggsy1
Star One is many B7 fans favourite episode. If you've never seen it before, you're in for a treat.

Skaro_Bujj
briggsy1 wrote:

Star One is many B7 fans favourite episode. If you've never seen it before, you're in for a treat.

I can safely say Iíve never seen it before! My excitement for it has now hightened!
Angry Bujj Angry

JustBrad
briggsy1 wrote:

And because of Star One, every season of Farscape and Babylon Five ended on a cliffhanger.
Men of Harlech cease your dreaming, can't you see their street signs gleaming...

One Spare Part
Skaro_Bujj wrote:

briggsy1 wrote:

I can safely say Iíve never seen it before! My excitement for it has now hightened!

It is brilliant. Everything you could wish for is here: mystery, edge of the seat excitement, surprise...the crew are really up against it here..
I almost envy you seeing it for the first time...if it wasn't for the fact that seeing it again has its own level of excitement...
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Supreme Commander
One Spare Part wrote:

Skaro_Bujj wrote:

briggsy1 wrote:

It is brilliant. Everything you could wish for is here: mystery, edge of the seat excitement, surprise...the crew are really up against it here..
I almost envy you seeing it for the first time...if it wasn't for the fact that seeing it again has its own level of excitement...

Star One is in my top 3 episodes of all time - I agree with One Spare Part in envying you watching it for the first time. Just 25 hours to go (as I write this!)

Merged on 18 October 2021 20:17:
Skaro_Bujj wrote:

They had given him a smaller eyepatch though...

I did notice the slight change in eye patch! I had my suspicions in a voice from the past it was him in disguise!

Just caught up with Gambit. Was great to see Aubrey Wood! He plays a great villain! I was confused at first with the regency outfits, but it was well explained! Iíve seen a few who episodes written by Robert Holmes, so knew it would be an interesting one! Star One sounds like itís going to be especially climatic from all the build up! Sad

The voice did give it away, somewhat. Worst. Disguise. Ever.

I remember Gambit being quite low down on my list of favourites back in the 80's but it's grown on me and I enjoyed re-watching most of it last night. Did you notice the awkward moment when Chenie is trying to help Docholli/Kline on with his big furry coat, and fails miserably... Why on earth (or Freedom City!) didn't they just re-shoot that scene?
Edited by Supreme Commander on 18 October 2021 19:17:15

littlesue
Supreme Commander wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Skaro_Bujj wrote:

briggsy1 wrote:

Star One is in my top 3 episodes of all time - I agree with One Spare Part in envying you watching it for the first time. Just 25 hours to go (as I write this!)

Skaro_Bujj wrote:

Just caught up with Gambit. Was great to see Aubrey Wood! He plays a great villain! I was confused at first with the regency outfits, but it was well explained! Iíve seen a few who episodes written by Robert Holmes, so knew it would be an interesting one! Star One sounds like itís going to be especially climatic from all the build up! Sad

I remember Gambit being quite low down on my list of favourites back in the 80's but it's grown on me and I enjoyed re-watching most of it last night. Did you notice the awkward moment when Chenie is trying to help Docholli/Kline on with his big furry coat, and fails miserably... Why on earth (or Freedom City!) didn't they just re-shoot that scene?

I think that is one of the most endearing aspects of this series...they carry on no matter what! Mr Thomas carried on even when the set fell to pieces in Mission to Destiny, Cally lost her teleport bracelet as she was about to teleport in one episode, actors come in too early with their lines (Shadow is one example) and I think the only time they had to reshoot was when Mr D wrecked the set in.....it's one of the highspots of the blooper reel!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Skaro_Bujj
I just watched star oneÖ.OMG it was so good!
Angry Bujj Angry

Travisina
Skaro_Bujj wrote:

One of my fave eps of the entire series! And so good that Star Trek: TNG nicked the ending for their own cliffhanger 'Best of Both Worlds' pt1. But B7 did it first!
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

JustBrad
Skaro_Bujj wrote:

The original Cliff Hanger.

No doubt a major inspiration for Farscape and Babylon 5.

At a convention we even heard one of the writers for Red Dwarf say regarding their (at that time unresolved) cliffhanger, "Sorry, we didn't mean to Blake's 7 everyone."
Men of Harlech cease your dreaming, can't you see their street signs gleaming...

Obsidian
Merged on 23 October 2021 21:08:
Skaro_Bujj wrote:

It's brilliant! My favourite for sure. Never budges from No.1 position in my viewing fancy. Every rewatch simply re-cements its position there and my estimation for Chris Boucher's writing.

Glad you're enjoying watching, Skaro_Bujj

Merged on 23 October 2021 21:36:
Supreme Commander wrote:
Skaro_Bujj wrote:

I'm rewatching on Britbox here in Australia Ė leave it on all day and dip in and out.

Gambit's never been high in my list of favourites either, but it features the best set of pins on a 70-year old I've ever seen and to which I aspire (better get started then Grin), and Toise's headdress is sublime. Krantor as a rather duff Blofeld-like character is most enjoyable too.
Edited by Obsidian on 23 October 2021 10:36:34
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.72 seconds
36,628,820 unique visits since 8th January 2014