Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Redemption
Steve White
Been watching Blakes 7 from the start over the last couple of weeks, for the first time since it was shown all those years ago...

Kicked off season 2 of Blakes 7 with Redemption tonight.

It starts off so well, but the last 20 minutes degenerates into a runaround (although the location work is done really well)

Bert the miner from the Doctor Who story, The Green Death) shows up just to explain the plot and then get killed... Other than that nothing really happens.

Nation could have carried over the exploding Liberator storyline for weeks rather than resolve it immediately, it would have made a great story arc with the threat of destruction hanging over the crews heads...

And they should have made more of the System. The reveal of the people who created Liberator was too important to just kill off in the latter half of a single episode. Their presence underlines that Liberator is an alien ship and that Blake and Co are simply invaders...

Im sorry to say that all in all i felt it was a wasted opportunity. Sad

Space Chopper
Bert wasn't the only Dr Who alumnus in this episode either- both ladies from the System have also appeared on the show- the lady with short hair first appeared in Genesis Of The Daleks as a Thal revolutionary, and the other one was Cassia (Nyssa's evil stepmum) in Keeper Of Traken. I did like the use of sets- using a brighter, more gleaming power station (Was it a nuclear plant?) for the System really brought home the cold, clinical technological feel of the System society- and the use of night footage of runway lights helped to convey the size of the station as they entered it. The first half of the episode had a wonderful WTF element to it- what was happening to the ship, and who was responsible, and I admit that I didn't mind the runaround towards the end, although it would probably have been better as a two-parter, so that the escape wasn't shoehorned in. It was a clever resolution that Orac's prediction was actually about Libby's sister ship, the DSV1- this pre-destination paradox was handled better than many similar plotlines that Steven Moffat likes to experiment with in Who, so there is that going for it.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

JustBrad
Steve White wrote:

Bert the miner from the Doctor Who story, The Green Death) shows up just to explain the plot and then get killed...

The fate of many an extra in Sci Fi Television in the 70's. (See cross reference: Red Shirt).

briggsy1
I thought Sheila Ruskin was much better in this than Harriet Philpin, whose clipped Dalek like delivery really grated on me. Interesting that alien races from the future love to dress up in lycra and spandex!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.21 seconds
9,170,031 unique visits since 8th January 2014