Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,308
· Newest Rebel: Rachel_4_Avon

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [46 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [30 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [35 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [27 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 209
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Star Cops rewatch - Ep 1: An Instinct for Murder
trevor travis
The episode: 1. An Instinct for Murder
The date: Wednesday, November 3rd, 2021
The time: 7.45pm UK time

YouTube link if you don't have this on DVD:
https://www.youtu...peldoEzg2U

The Wednesday rewatches are taking a bit of a break, while we can get out and enjoy the rest of Summer and early Autumn!

We're staring up again in the first week of November with our Star Cops rewatch.

Staring up the thread for this early, as everyone is welcome and join Paula, One Spare Part and myself in our rewatch of the classic series created by Chris Boucher.
Edited by trevor travis on 29 August 2021 19:27:25

Lorna
I would love to join in this. However Wednesday is bridge night. At the moment on-line, but more than likely at the Bridge Club in November. However I will watch the episode and past something either before or after your Rewatch.

trevor travis
A reminder that this rewatch commences a week today! The more, the merrier!

One Spare Part
November seemed a long way away and now it's nearly Star Cop time! woo hoo!
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

BradPaula
Thanks for the reminder, TT.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Grade Four Ignorant
Count me in as a massive Star Cops fan.

I was very lucky to snag a copy of the DVD on eBay for £17.99 a couple of years ago, which was a bargain given the astronomical prices it goes for. Thankfully, they're all now backed up to my external hard drive for convenience.

Lorna
Unfortunately the DVD and Utube don't have subtitles. So I had difficulty following the story, missing some of the dialog. However I then turned to the Novelisation published by Judith Proctor.
So I will post something after the rewatch. However I will say despite Chris Boucher's hatred of the song "It wont be easy", I think it is just right. Maybe it's because I am a fan of Justin Hayward. But I think it fits the programme perfectly.

BradPaula
Lorna wrote:

Unfortunately the DVD and Utube don't have subtitles. So I had difficulty following the story, missing some of the dialog. However I then turned to the Novelisation published by Judith Proctor.
So I will post something after the rewatch. However I will say despite Chris Boucher's hatred of the song "It wont be easy", I think it is just right. Maybe it's because I am a fan of Justin Hayward. But I think it fits the programme perfectly.

Justin Hayward? Well, my ears pricked up at that name. Can't wait to hear the theme now.

trevor travis
Getting the DVD ready.. this is going to be exciting!

Iain Short
Not feeling well, so not sure how far I'll get with this, but I love Star Cops and I LOVE the theme. So - am ready to go.

BradPaula
Hello, TT. I've never seen this series before but if Justin Hayward sings the theme,I'm in.

BradPaula
Iain Short wrote:

Not feeling well, so not sure how far I'll get with this, but I love Star Cops and I LOVE the theme. So - am ready to go.

Oh, dear. Feel better soon, Iain.

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:

Hello, TT. I've never seen this series before but if Justin Hayward sings the theme,I'm in.

The theme is a bit rubbish, but the series itself is fab!

Iain Short
One interesting thing about the theme. I'm fairly sure I'm remembering correctly. In an interview once, Justin Hayward said the guitar solo he's most proud of was buried away on some BBC space show. This episode is the only one where you get to hear it.

One Spare Part
I had forgot Justin sang the feem toon. Why do SF fans get in a knot over vocal theme tunes?

trevor travis
STARTED!

Soolin is looking lovely this week!

One Spare Part
BradPaula wrote:

I had assumed you had seen it, Paula. A treat for you hopefully.

trevor travis
One Spare Part wrote:

I had forgot Justin sang the feem toon. Why do SF fans get in a knot over vocal theme tunes?

I don't really get in a knot about it, but it just doesn't fit the programme. Boucher certainly has that opinion himself.

Iain Short
FX shots of the space station still impress. They are beautiful.

trevor travis
Murders both on earth and in space... intriguing start!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 2.73 seconds
36,650,765 unique visits since 8th January 2014