Login

Username

Password



Not a rebel yet?
CLICK HERE to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 20

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,301
· Newest Rebel: StuDon

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [45 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [30 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 206
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

 Print Thread
Rewatch Australia - B10 Voice from the Past Sat 26th June
M1795537 OC Virn
Obsidian wrote:

Travisina wrote:

That medal looks so cheap and plastic!


I see to remember them back in the 70s. They came in sample bags at the Show.


Now they use up the surplus by giving them to anyone who completes a walk or run of more than a couple of miles (5km, if you must)
You're not sulking, I hope?
 
Obsidian
Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

I'm beginning to think one ought to suspect anyone with an outrageous accent.....
or wearing a mask or other face covering....could make life a bit difficult at the moment.

Many years, and many rewatches, I still can't make out half of what he's saying.


Grin Grin Grin
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown
 
http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
ClareGC
Travisina wrote:

Oh dear, the mysterious Shivan. With a glass eye on top of a bandage...

Look, my dad lost an eye and had such a good glass one that you wouldn't know it was false. When he was in hospital, the nurses were putting drops in both his eyes because they didn't realise that the left one wasn't real!


Shivan under the bandages (except his eyeball, which is on top, for some unexplained reason) is my only low point in B7.

My dad had a glass eye too, that looked perfect. That's funny about the eyedrops. The actor in Columbo had one too, but you could tell it didn't move when he looked sideways in a closeup.
Avon: "Not enough! Not nearly enough! Dammit, what weighs seventy kilos?"
Orac: "Vila weighs seventy-three kilos, Avon."
Avon: "Vila, are you here? I need your help."
 
meegat39
I have to say this is not one of the better stories of Blake's 7. Governor Le Grand adds to the irritation.
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.
 
M1795537 OC Virn
Naboo? Wasn't he in Star Wars? How he's changed!
You're not sulking, I hope?
 
Obsidian
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Travisina wrote:

That medal looks so cheap and plastic!


I see to remember them back in the 70s. They came in sample bags at the Show.


Now they use up the surplus by giving them to anyone who completes a walk or run of more than a couple of miles (5km, if you must)


Grin Roll up! Roll up! Everyone wins a prize! That sounds like The Show (Royal Exhibition) alright.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown
 
http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Travisina
To Destiny!
No, you went there last season...
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.


Twitter: @TravisinaB7
 
AnneArthur
I do wonder what Blake was like before his conditioning. I think that now he is too anxious to show that he is still relevant as a rebel.
 
Obsidian
[quote]M1795537 OC Virn wrote:


I thought it was Nagoo, but maybe it was Mr Magoo...
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown
 
http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
M1795537 OC Virn
Obsidian wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Travisina wrote:

That medal looks so cheap and plastic!


I see to remember them back in the 70s. They came in sample bags at the Show.


Now they use up the surplus by giving them to anyone who completes a walk or run of more than a couple of miles (5km, if you must)


Grin Roll up! Roll up! Everyone wins a prize! That sounds like The Show (Royal Exhibition) alright.


Or All must have prizes by Melanie Phillips
You're not sulking, I hope?
 
Travisina
ClareGC wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Oh dear, the mysterious Shivan. With a glass eye on top of a bandage...

Look, my dad lost an eye and had such a good glass one that you wouldn't know it was false. When he was in hospital, the nurses were putting drops in both his eyes because they didn't realise that the left one wasn't real!


Shivan under the bandages (except his eyeball, which is on top, for some unexplained reason) is my only low point in B7.

My dad had a glass eye too, that looked perfect. That's funny about the eyedrops. The actor in Columbo had one too, but you could tell it didn't move when he looked sideways in a closeup.

That's right about Columbo (Peter Falk), but prosthetic technology had moved on considerably by the time my Dad got his. The fake eye was shaped to fit his eye muscles (which had been retained), so it moved quite naturally.
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.


Twitter: @TravisinaB7
 
M1795537 OC Virn
Obsidian wrote:

[quote]M1795537 OC Virn wrote:


I thought it was Nagoo, but maybe it was Mr Magoo...


OK, stand down: acording to the B7 Programme Guide it's NAGU.
You're not sulking, I hope?
 
Travisina
meegat39 wrote:

I have to say this is not one of the better stories of Blake's 7. Governor Le Grand adds to the irritation.

Oh Meegat, that's putting it politely! There are some good moments (the Atlay shuttle landing is lovely), but it's just brimming over with irritation!
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.


Twitter: @TravisinaB7
 
Obsidian
AnneArthur wrote:

I do wonder what Blake was like before his conditioning. I think that now he is too anxious to show that he is still relevant as a rebel.


He's very, very intense and, as you say, he seems anxious to show he's still relevant and decisive. As a result he's very sloppy. Avon and Cally are there as the conscience in this ep.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown
 
http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Travisina
Meanwhile, in Wembley Conference Centre...
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.


Twitter: @TravisinaB7
 
Obsidian
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

[quote]M1795537 OC Virn wrote:


I thought it was Nagoo, but maybe it was Mr Magoo...


OK, stand down: acording to the B7 Programme Guide it's NAGU.


I know of a Nabu, a Mesopotamian deity.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown
 
http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
AnneArthur
Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

I do wonder what Blake was like before his conditioning. I think that now he is too anxious to show that he is still relevant as a rebel.


He's very, very intense and, as you say, he seems anxious to show he's still relevant and decisive. As a result he's very sloppy. Avon and Cally are there as the conscience in this ep.


Yes indeed.
 
M1795537 OC Virn
The Governor might still be alive down there! Nobody brave enough to go and check?
You're not sulking, I hope?
 
Obsidian
Travisina wrote:

Meanwhile, in Wembley Conference Centre...


And very impressive Servie is too. Sad that WCC doesn't exist anymore. It's so late 60s.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown
 
http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
ClareGC
This might be my least favourite episode, but there's still loads I love about it. I hadn't even noticed Avon's eyeliner, but I'm noticing it now. And I love so much of the crew's interaction and how they work as a team (and not). I don't mind that Vila is way too trusting of Blake, as I put it down to his committment to him as he saved him from a life on Cygnus Alpha.
Avon: "Not enough! Not nearly enough! Dammit, what weighs seventy kilos?"
Orac: "Vila weighs seventy-three kilos, Avon."
Avon: "Vila, are you here? I need your help."
 
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.68 seconds
35,885,373 unique visits since 8th January 2014