Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,302
· Newest Rebel: PeterInDudley

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [45 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [30 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 206
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
B7 Oblivion Bin
Cygnus Bazza
Maybe I'm slightly overexcited at the prospect of getting my second AZ jab this evening, but I'm driven by the discussion on the 'Top 5 Episodes' thread to see if there's anything anyone would want to pop in the B7 Oblivion Bin: any episode, character, scene, prop, special effect, dialogue exchange, set, costume, ending...in fact anything at all that you'd really rather had never happened. Personally, I shall keep my own counsel for the time being. (Health warning - this is just a bit of fun - it isn't to be taken too seriously or too much to heart.)

JustBrad
The Michelin Man costumes from Killer would top my list.
Next would be the Moloch puppet.

As for episodes, I don't think I could delete any of them. Even Bad Bake's 7 is fun to watch.
Men of Harlech cease your dreaming, can't you see their street signs gleaming...

Deva
VILA: Because you can't like someone without them liking you back. And I like you, Kerril, more than anyone. Anyone I've ever known.
KERRIL: The difference is, I love you.

Ugh!!! Chris, what were you thinking?

They'd only known each other five minutes, although they had already, as I believe contemporary street parlance would have it, 'got jiggy with it'.
Edited by Deva on 10 June 2021 16:32:04
"Time really is getting short, you know..."

JustBrad
Deva wrote:

VILA: Because you can't like someone without them liking you back. And I like you, Kerril, more than anyone. Anyone I've ever known.
KERRIL: The difference is, I love you.

Ugh!!! Chris, what were you thinking?

They'd only known each other five minutes, although they had already, as I believe contemporary street parlance would have it, 'got jiggy with it'.

Even this dialogue pales compared with Kerrill's sudden transformation from tough, gun wielding Space Wonder Woman in the style of Susan Ivonova or Aeryn Sun, into a squealy, easily frightened, hold-me-I'm-scared girly girl.
Men of Harlech cease your dreaming, can't you see their street signs gleaming...

M1795537 OC Virn
Piri?
You're not sulking, I hope?

One Spare Part

Yeah chuck her into a black hole with Le Grand.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Deva
One Spare Part wrote:

Yeah chuck her into a black hole with Le Grand.

That is so funny, made me laugh out loud.

I would have nominated Chalsa from Warlord but that would be a disservice to the subversive comic genius of Rick James. Chalsa of course only has a couple of lines but if you really want to see Rick strut his hilarious stuff, check him out as Cotton in the Doctor Who story The Mutants. Priceless.

Deva
And thinking of Warlord, those ridiculous super-sizzling goblets with accompanying musical fanfare.

Cygnus Bazza
The Space Rats have got to go in the bin. They don't even offer comedy value. And their most heinous crime of all? Ruining an episode featuring the Hammertastic Barbara Shelley.

(I won't mention S*rc*ph*g*s on this thread as that's clearly some kind of casus belli round here!)

sweevo
You don't want to know.

briggsy1
Zukan's OTT acting in his final scenes during Warlord should definitely be consigned to the rubbish bin. And why did Jackie Pearce get such a forgettable send off in the same episode? The actress deserved better.

sweevo
Sand should have been Servalan's swan song if you ask me.

Cygnus Bazza
sweevo wrote:

You don't want to know.

Oh I really think we do!

GanMiniMe
Excellent suggestions, everybody!

Not B7 exactly, but that atrocity of a Wimpy advert with ORAC and Avon. My back teeth hurt at the memory of it.

In terms of the actual series:

Zeeona’s Hair. Unacceptable in any era.
Is it unkind to consign the Powder Puff from Gambit?
That weird yellow plastic thing that got draped over Vila in one episode.

Cygnus Bazza
GanMiniMe wrote:

Excellent suggestions, everybody!

Not B7 exactly, but that atrocity of a Wimpy advert with ORAC and Avon. My back teeth hurt at the memory of it.

In terms of the actual series:

Zeeona’s Hair. Unacceptable in any era.
Is it unkind to consign the Powder Puff from Gambit?
That weird yellow plastic thing that got draped over Vila in one episode.

Personally, I can just about tolerate Zeeona's hair. But there again I did once buy a Toyah album (called 'Sheep Farming in Barnet' IIRC, although I didn't play it very often).

'Gambit' is an odd one. To say the least. There's probably a hundred things that fully warrant going in the Obliv. Bin, but is this a case of an episode where everything's so wrong, it (overall) kind of turns out to be 'right'? Not sure. Maybe we'll come up with a definitive answer by the end of Tuesday's rewatch...

Deva
The Sevenfold Crown and The Syndeton Experiment.

GanMiniMe
Cygnus Bazza... ‘Sheep Farming in Barnet’?? There’s a title that should be an utter winner but somehow, it just isn’t.

sweevo
OK, here goes - I'm warning you, you asked for it:

I'd discard around half the episodes and keep only those which have some semblance of a story of Blake (and later Avon) fighting the Federation (with a personal favourite or two as a breather). Here's what my condensed run of B7 would look like:

1. Half "The Way Back", half "Space Fall" (the former is a little too slow-paced, while the latter comes off as a little bit cringey in places)
2. Cygnus Alpha
3. Time Squad
4. Seek-Locate-Destroy
5. Mission to Destiny
6. Deliverance/Orac/Redemption movie (with some edits to tighten up the pacing and plotting)
7. Half "Shadow", half "Pressure Point"
8. Trial
9. Killer
10. Half "Countdown", half "Gambit"
11. The Keeper/Star One movie
12. Aftermath/Powerplay movie
13. Volcano
14. City at the Edge of the World (with some edits to make it slightly less cringe, even though this is my favourite episode)
15. Sarcophagus
16. Death Watch/Terminal movie (editing the latter so as to speed up the pace - the opening scenes on the Liberator just drag down the story somewhat)
17. Rescue/Power movie
18. Traitor
19. Stardrive
20. Sand
21. Gold
22. Orbit
23. Warlord/Blake movie

Cygnus Bazza
Well, sweevo's not only gone to town but also booked into a Premier Inn for the weekend, done the sights and taken in a show! Should we now dub it 'the sweevo scythe'?

To adapt a well-known movie quote...I think we're going to need a considerably bigger bin!

sweevo
I told you so. Smile

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.67 seconds
35,927,704 unique visits since 8th January 2014