Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,302
· Newest Rebel: PeterInDudley

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [45 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [30 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 206
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
UK Rewatch - B10 Voice From The Past
trevor travis
The episode: Barney Ten – Voice From The Past (Carry On Being Stupid)
The date: Tuesday, June 8th, 2021
The time: 7.45pm UK time

In which Del-10 sounds too good to be true and sure enough the crew never get there; Travis wants his Mummy; Ven Glynd has had a head transplant; Blake is taken over and therefore goes along with a nutty scheme to take the Federation to court (yes, that’s really going to work, isn’t it?); and the actress playing Governor Le Grand finds a different way of pronouncing Servalan each time she says it. B7 is the best show ever, but even it can’t avoid the odd naff episode. At least, we get to RENOUNCE lots of stuff during the rewatch, while there's the option of wrapping yourself in loo paper for anyone who's interested!

Episode in a word: Alliance.
Characters to cheer: Avon, because he wears that flowing, black shirt (especially included for Littlesue). Oh, and Servie completely steals the show on the screen at the end.
Characters to boo: Where to start? OK, let’s start with Vila. I prefer Vila to be portrayed with intelligence, but playing the idiot, to avoid being given the dirty jobs. Like in “Stardrive”, when he pretends to be drunk, so that he doesn’t have to work on the hull with only Slave’s forcefield protecting him from space. He’s had the odd stupid moment in both “Hostage” and “Countdown”, but here he’s very thick indeed, as he’s duped – more than once – by the controlled Blake. Then there’s Travis. In “Hostage”, his main motivation was to get hold of the Liberator. Here, he has control of the Liberator… and then teleports off it. And that’s before we get into all the Mummy stuff! As for, Governor Le Grand, her plan is batty and the portrayal by Barbara Knorr is… er... unusual, to be kind.
Is Soolin looking lovely this week?: Yes.
Recognisable Face: One of the main cast for a change. As most people know, Micheal Keating (Vila) was in “EastEnders” as a semi-regular character as the vicar. But he was also in a “Doctor Who” story. It was called “The Sun Makers” and was transmitted in December 1977, just a month before B7 began transmission. Furthermore, he played a rebel, while the story took place in a huge city where suppressants were pumped into the atmosphere. There, the comparison ends, because the rebellion is successful and there’s a happy ending.
Best exchange: CALLY: “What do we do?” AVON: “Locate and destroy it.” ORAC: “And restore Blake to his senses.” AVON: “The two don't necessarily follow.”

Blake's 7 will return in… Carry On Space Gambling

JustBrad
Dear Mum. Some days I think the only sane people on this ship are me and Zen. And right now I am not too sure about me.

“Vila, why did you do it?” they ask, as if I did something incredibly stupid. How could I not do it? I mean, it’s Blake’s name on the shingle outside the shop, innit? It’s not Vila’s Vandals, or Avon’s Angels or Cally’s Commandos, or even Jenna’s Gendarmes, is it. No, it’s Blake’s 7 (cuz the Feds can’t count, I guess…)

It all started with Cally leading the crew in exercises. I wasn’t there, of course. I was more interested in getting to Del 10 for some R and R (Rye and Rum), at least until Blake changed course to some asteroid because a tone in his head told him to.

Needless to say, things got a little confused after that. We finally got to the asteroid to find some ancient rebel named Shivan wrapped up like a mummy, a man named Venn Glynnd (the judge who framed Blake, who has now joined the resistance), and a governor willing to launch a coup against the Federation.

Blake totally fell for it. Okay, maybe he can blame it on magic tones. But it turned out the mummy rebel was Travis in a really bad disguise, and neither Avon, Cally, Jenna, the judge or the Governor spotted him. To be fair, I didn’t either, but then according to them I’m the one who is a fourth grade ignorant. And yet I’m the one who figured out how to block the signals messing with Blake’s mind.

It turned out alright, more or less. We got away, but the Federation still exists, so I’ll write again next week. Isn’t it funny how Blake’s accusations that Avon and Cally had paired up, forced Avon and Cally to pair up…

And while everything turned out alright, it makes me wonder what else the Feds might make Blake do if they ever find a way to beam that tone into his head again. Like, here we all are with a price on our heads, what if they made him think he was a bounty hunter.

Probably worrying over nothing.

Bye for now.

Vila.
Men of Harlech cease your dreaming, can't you see their street signs gleaming...

Cygnus Bazza
Ah, one of my favourite episodes: ‘Voice from the Parks’ by Roger Past. Don’t understand any of it.

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/boyjWUv.jpg

M1795537 OC Virn
Do you think Servalan got the idea for the fake Blake she used in Terminal from this 'beaming messages' to Blake thing?
You're not sulking, I hope?

JustBrad
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Do you think Servalan got the idea for the fake Blake she used in Terminal from this 'beaming messages' to Blake thing?

An interesting parallell.

VFTP: Bait Blake into a trap by beaming message tones directly into his head about a meeting with Shivan and Legrand.

Terminal: Lure Avon into a trap by beaming messages to him through Zen about a meeting with Blake.

Blake: Rinse and repeat using Orac instead of Zen.
Men of Harlech cease your dreaming, can't you see their street signs gleaming...

Cygnus Bazza
In the spirit of tonight's episode, I feel I ought to RENOUNCE! RENOUNCE! something. So I'll RENOUNCE! RENOUNCE! my planned rewatch snack of Lucozade and bag of Walker's Mango Poppadoms. Feel free, of course, to announce your own pointless RENOUNCE! RENOUNCE! gesture.

littlesue

GrinGrin

Why am I now humming the Tony Hart's gallery music?...............
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

trevor travis
littlesue wrote:

GrinGrin

Why am I now humming the Tony Hart's gallery music?...............

I'm sure, when we watch tonight, if you look carefully, it says "Tommy, aged 4", in the bottom right corner Wink

Dum-dum-dumdumdum- dumdumdum- derderdum... yes it's in my head too!

One Spare Part
If wishes could come true, I would love Shivan to randomly shout out THE WORD! THE WORD! like his alter ego did a few weeks back. The perfect marriage of visual and audio funnies.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

trevor travis
Renounce "Voice From The Past". Whoops - a bit early!

sweevo
This is the first episode of B7 I ever saw (albeit not in its entirety).

Lorna
JustBrad wrote:

And while everything turned out alright, it makes me wonder what else the Feds might make Blake do if they ever find a way to beam that tone into his head again. Like, here we all are with a price on our heads, what if they made him think he was a bounty hunter.

Probably worrying over nothing.

Bye for now.

Vila.

Loved this bit!!!

littlesue
Just getting myself ready..phew, it is warm in this 'ere hall, so a cold drink is in order...just plain orange juice this time. I just hope my finger doesn't press the pause button by mistake at the precise moment a certain rather nice computer expert sails into view with that nice black flowing shirt........
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Lorna
sweevo wrote:

This is the first episode of B7 I ever saw (albeit not in its entirety).

What happened? Did you give up? Grin

Lorna
trevor travis wrote:

Renounce "Voice From The Past". Whoops - a bit early!

Not really!!

Lorna
Hurray I am an Alpha!!!

M1795537 OC Virn
Lorna wrote:

Hurray I am an Alpha!!!

Congratulations!
You're not sulking, I hope?

Lorna
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Lorna wrote:

Hurray I am an Alpha!!!